Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2017 5:51:46 PM EDT
I’m trying to find a flash hider that’s 6” or over. I’ve seen the 6”+ fake suppressors but would like to avoid those if possible.
It’s going to be used on a 10.5” barrel while waiting for the form 1 to clear.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It would still need to be permanently attached to make it legal. Do you really want to do a pin and weld on your short bbl?

Why not put your shorty upper on a pistol lower until your paperwork is approved?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster made one. It looked similar to a CAR flash hider but not exactly. I used one on an 11.5'' for awhile (it made the length over 16'' with an 11.5'', not sure about a 10.5''). I cut it up to use for something else when arm braces came out.
Throwing an arm brace on and making a pistol is a good idea until you can make a SBR. There are some very nice arm braces out now, you may find a SBR is a waste of time anyway?
There are the SB braces and the Blade that look good but I really like the (Tailhook and the  CQB, PDW) braces that recently came out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Put the short upper on a pistol lower until your stamp comes back. Otherwise you have to permanently a fix the muzzle device to be legal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I understand it need to be pinned and welded.
I also should’ve specified the barrel is not for an AR15, but another type of rifle so I can’t use an arm brace.
The barrel is 1/2”x28 5.56 nato, I posted in this section because it gets far more traffic than any other section
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also should’ve specified the barrel is not for an AR15, but another type of rifle so I can’t use an arm brace.
The barrel is 1/2”x28 5.56 nato, I posted in this section because it gets far more traffic than any other section
View Quote
What's the rifle?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's the rifle?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the rifle?
Arx100. Found a great deal on a 10.5” barrel, don’t wanna have an extra barrel for no reason so if I find a suitable muzzle device I’ll sell the 16”.
If I have to use one of the fake suppressors I will but would prefer not to
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
What you talking about ?
Arm braces can be fit to any and all pistols. All you need is an adapter that can except a buffer tube, most guns have adapters made for just this reason.  You can bolt this to almost anything. I could add a folding arm brace to a Beach ball if I wanted.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What you talking about ?
Arm braces can be fit to any and all pistols. All you need is an adapter that can except a buffer tube, most guns have adapters made for just this reason.  You can bolt this to almost anything. I could add a folding arm brace to a Beach ball if I wanted.
https://s26.postimg.org/ck93gdu1l/Universal_Carbine_Adapter_on_hinge.jpg
View Quote
Perhaps you should read the post directly above yours,  the weapon in question is an arx100 rifle, I cannot put a brace on it.
I’m only asking for suggestions on a muzzle device 6” or longer. But by all means, add a folding brace to a beach ball
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Perhaps you should read the post directly above yours,  the weapon in question is an arx100 rifle, I cannot put a brace on it.
I’m only asking for suggestions on a muzzle device 6” or longer. But by all means, add a folding brace to a beach ball
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you talking about ?
https://s26.postimg.org/ck93gdu1l/Universal_Carbine_Adapter_on_hinge.jpg
You can easily put a brace on an ARX100. You are wrong and unable/ unwilling to realize it I guess. Keep spouting it can't be done and get some attitude to make you look even more silly. Good for you and your temporary barrel pinning
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You can easily put a brace on an ARX100. You are wrong and unable/ unwilling to realize it I guess. Keep spouting it can't be done and get some attitude to make you look even more silly. Good for you and your temporary barrel pinning
View Quote
I believe what he's getting at is that since it started life as a rifle he cannot put a brace on it with a short barrel. You can do that to a gun that started as a pistol, but not one that started as a rifle. I don't believe he's saying that you can't physically do it, only that you can't legally do it. OP, I would just be patient and wait for your stamp to come back. Every time I've been impatient and permanently attached a muzzle device only to remove it later I've regretted it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I believe what he's getting at is that since it started life as a rifle he cannot put a brace on it with a short barrel. You can do that to a gun that started as a pistol, but not one that started as a rifle. I don't believe he's saying that you can't physically do it, only that you can't legally do it. OP, I would just be patient and wait for your stamp to come back. Every time I've been impatient and permanently attached a muzzle device only to remove it later I've regretted it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, but let’s not let things like laws factor into our internet pissing matches

Thanks for the advice, might just have to do that seeing how I can’t find anything to work how I want it to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top