Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2017 3:58:30 PM EDT
I'm looking at an IWI Galil ACE 7.62x51 NATO in a pistol with an 11.8" barrel.  Other than muzzle velocity are there any issues with that length barrel?  
The pistol is a cross between an AR10 and an AK.  Does anyone have experience with the Galil ACE pistol?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Fireball out the muzzle.  

I have a 12.5 308 SBR with a SF brake.  Everyone at the range loves me.

I looked at the Ace but it seems like a lot of money for a plastic lower gun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I see the lower grip and magwell are one piece.  I have an IWI Tavor and have been really pleased with it.  I'm just not sure about the Galil.  This ACE Pistol looks like a cross between an AK and an AR10.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  I see the lower grip and magwell are one piece.  I have an IWI Tavor and have been really pleased with it.  I'm just not sure about the Galil.  This ACE Pistol looks like a cross between an AK and an AR10.
View Quote
You know the Tavor 7 will be available soon
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you get the hot dog holder attachment for whatever muzzle device they have on it.  And some sun glasses for night shooting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I do not have any experience with these new Galils, but, I did have an original Galil AR .308 rifle that I sold to fund my FN SCAR 17. While I really like the SCAR 17, I kind of wish I kept that Galil. It was the best .308 semi-auto rifle I've ever owned. It had the lightest recoil of any .308 rifle I've owned, excluding the SCAR (including FN FAL, HK 91, KelTec RFB, and Sig P716). It was very accurate and very reliable. I also liked the steel 25rd magazines. The new Galil rifles will be excellent, if they are based on the original ones. When I first learned of the Tavor that was due to be released years ago, I was very interested and bought one of the SAR rifles that first came out. I was extremely disappointed with it. Trigger sucked royally (at least 9 lb pull) and the top rail was too low for my EoTech Holosight or my Elcan DR Specter 1-4X scope. I got rid of it at a substantial loss.

https://postimg.org/image/a1ssfcu25/]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top