Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2017 11:02:55 PM EDT
So I want to get a Remington 700, and eventually get an AICS chassis for it. Will the chassis drop right into any Remington 700? If I wanted to buy a new 700 Tactical with a bull barrel, will that drop right in, assuming I match short action with a short action chassis, and long action with long action? Will a regular profile barrel drop in too? I am completely new to this, and not sure which models of 700 will be compatible. Any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not get an AT?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
An AT?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An AT?
View Quote
An AI rifle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh gotcha. This is a project I am going to do over time, spend a little here and there, not drop a lot all at once. I am thinking of picking up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC and a Vortex Viper to start, and then getting the chassis, Timney Trigger, et-cetera down the road.

Also, does anyone know if the 700 SPS Tactical AAC comes with a rail or is at least tapped for a rail? And what rail fits?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

An AI rifle.
View Quote
Maybe he doesn't like fat chicks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh gotcha. This is a project I am going to do over time, spend a little here and there, not drop a lot all at once. I am thinking of picking up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC and a Vortex Viper to start, and then getting the chassis, Timney Trigger, et-cetera down the road.

Also, does anyone know if the 700 SPS Tactical AAC comes with a rail or is at least tapped for a rail? And what rail fits?
View Quote
It's tapped and NF makes a 20 moa rail.

What caliber?

Why an AICS?

Why an SPS?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I really like the looks of the AICS stock, they are classic. I want an earlier AICS for some reason, I just really like them. Plus they are tried and true, and the quality is definitely there. I wanted an SPS because it comes with a heavier barrel and it's threaded, just less work for me to do. Are there any other models that come with these features?

I am thinking of either 6.5 creedmore or .308. I want something for long range target shooting, and maybe something to take out and bag a deer with once in a while.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
On the long action, the folder makes it easier to remove bolt. On short action you can get bolt out without the folder.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, this is what I have.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
So it isn't tapped for a rail?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So it isn't tapped for a rail?
View Quote
No it does not come with a rail, yes it is tapped for one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh okay, good to know. I can buy the rail, no biggie, I just want as little smithing involved as possible.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really like the looks of the AICS stock, they are classic. I want an earlier AICS for some reason, I just really like them. Plus they are tried and true, and the quality is definitely there. I wanted an SPS because it comes with a heavier barrel and it's threaded, just less work for me to do. Are there any other models that come with these features?

I am thinking of either 6.5 creedmore or .308. I want something for long range target shooting, and maybe something to take out and bag a deer with once in a while.
View Quote
Imo I wouldn’t spend the extra for the threaded bull barrel.once you really start  upgrading your bolt gun,  You’ll realize the barrel is probably the first thing you change after you get some nice glass.
Not to mention once you get a chassis your going to want/need to bed the action and truing the barrel. Among various other things.... Take your time buy once cry once. you’ll save a lot of money that way.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I did exactly that years ago. Did not improve accuracy but did improve groups if shot off bipod with no rear sandbag.

Only fitting for me was the aftermaket trigger needed some fitting to get the safety to move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top