Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2017 12:19:38 PM EDT
I've noticed something strange about my regular shooters. My AR, AK, FAL, and Garand all have their rear sight windage adjusted to the left when I zeroed them all. The distance they were adjusted is roughly equal between them all, but they all are zeroed now. I just thought it was weird that all four rifles were adjusted to the left, and all four rifles have different sight styles. I'm thinking I'm the reason they're having to be adjusted to the left. Would changing the way I shoot fix it? When I sighted all of the above rifles in they were supported off of an ammo can if that helps anything.
Since I have them zeroed, it's not a big deal, I'd just like to get the windage adjustment as centered as possible.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Noob here

I pull left on my handguns and especially my ar.

I think i am pulling with my non trigger hand.

My sniper friend said to put a quarter on the barrel and practice dry firing without losing the quarter
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had some surgery on my neck and can't move my head like I once did....on glass and irons I have everything cranked about as far as it will go to the left.

I have thought about adjustable rings but just never went to it....but I know I need to.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's you...........and what's it matter if they are zeroed?   I think military manuals say within 15 clicks either way is normal........may possibly be 20
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Astigmatism?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Adjustable sights are on guns because not everyone is the same. Some people pull left and others pull right. Some pull high and some pull low. 
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It would be interesting if it's a coincidence.  Seems like too many to be a coincidence.  But who knows....... I have very few guns that zero exactly right down the middle.  I know of at least one that does.  Now you're going to have me checking them all.     My M4gery goes right down the middle, and my recce is usually 4 to the left.  But I'm pretty sure it's cuz the front sight is on a rail (when I have the irons on it).  

I'll start double checking my other guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top