Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2017 1:05:45 AM EDT
Does anyone have one yet? I just put money down on one until the end of the month when I have money again.

Just looking for range reports or any additional info.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the silencer sub forum, several threads there.

Did you see these just got opened up for the SPEQ pricing?  includes any vet with a DD214.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out the silencer sub forum, several threads there.

Did you see these just got opened up for the SPEQ pricing?  includes any vet with a DD214.
View Quote
HUH?!?!  Where do I find more information?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at one about a week ago. Balanced well, felt great in the hand and had an absolutely shit trigger. Hopefully this is not the case with all of them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I looked at one about a week ago. Balanced well, felt great in the hand and had an absolutely shit trigger. Hopefully this is not the case with all of them.
View Quote
The one I bought didn't have a shit trigger, but it will need a little love once I get it home.  It's in the 5 pound range I'd guess, but has a odd stick before dropping.  I'd almost rather it be a little spongy, but, eh, it's fine.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was checking one out at my LGS the Silencerco  rep was there and I asked about the trigger. The one I was looking at was a little gritty but he said it smooth's out and improves with use. He said his had improved after a few thousand rounds/dry firing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea the trigger at my lgs hurt. I never had a trigger hurt trying to pull it. More than a double action ruger revolver.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yea the trigger at my lgs hurt. I never had a trigger hurt trying to pull it. More than a double action ruger revolver.
View Quote
Odd - the prototype, two production Maxim's owned by Capitol Armory, and my personal Maxim that I've shot have all had triggers that felt alot like my Gen 4 Glock. I would say possibly more mushy than the Glocks but none were hard, heavy, or hurt to pull. My biggest complaint is the reset is soft and too far to reach. I'm impatiently waiting for a company like Apex to release an upgrade, though it may be a while since the Maxim isn't even in anyone's personal possession yet (other than dealers).
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to pay mine off next week or the week after and get the paper work started.  I'm sure any of the custom shops could do a trigger job, can be that hard to adjust.  

I'd love to drop it to 3.5# and a short reset, for what it is that's probably good for me.  I plan to do a RMR with the fiber optic on it eventually, but that's going to be a minute considering the price of the damned gun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my Maxim. The trigger is spongy but not too bad. I love the feel and the sound of the gun though. Pleasant tone and pretty quiet for a carry gun. My favorite thing about the maxim is the recoil while shooting. I really dislike the recoil of suppressed (booster) handguns as there is a springy feel to it. With the maxim, the almost non existent recoil makes for super quick follow up shots.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Not blowing smoke, the one at my local shop turned me off to it. I was willing to pay over retail but i just couldn't bring myself to do it. Worse than a tavor or aug trigger. If i see a second one ill give it a shot, but otherwise until apex makes a solid drop in im not interested.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not blowing smoke, the one at my local shop turned me off to it. I was willing to pay over retail but i just couldn't bring myself to do it. Worse than a tavor or aug trigger. If i see a second one ill give it a shot, but otherwise until apex makes a solid drop in im not interested.
View Quote
Definitely not saying you are :) There are bound to be some lemons, I wouldn't have been happy if the Maxim I bought sight unseen had a hard/heavy trigger! At the Maxim owner's event held by SilencerCo and Capitol Armory I didn't hear anyone mention of heavy triggers, but there was definitely talk of improving the mushy (but certainly useable) factory trigger. Hopefully your dealer will get another to inspect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top