Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 9:46:17 AM EDT
I have a Mossberg 930 Field shotgun that was an impulse buy a few years back.  I wanted a shotgun, never had a shotgun so I grabbed one from a LGS.

I tried my hand at various clay sports, then used it for some occasional small game hunting and once in a while for shotgun only zones.  The 930 sits unused in my safe because I discovered I don't really enjoy killing clays, now have acquired a Mossberg 500 with slug barrel for deer hunting and no longer use shotgun for small game.

I was looking to either sell or trade this shotgun locally for a revolver or a bolt action rifle in a common hunting caliber.  

I have an offer to trade for a G30S, subcompact Glock in .45.  I like Glocks, have plenty of .45 in the fort but I don't need a subcompact carry gun (a Shield does that job).  

Should I trade?  It would clear out the shotgun that sits in my safe for possibly a small pistol that sits in the safe.  I don't really have a need to move this shotgun now, but kind of want it moved along nonetheless.  

I'm wondering if a carry sized Glock might move quicker than a shotgun if I decide after a couple of range trips to throw the Glock up for trade?

Advice appreciated?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#1]
How do these fit in with the rest of your collection?  How many handguns do you have?  In .45 caliber?  Do you have another backup to the 500?  It seems like in your case, these are the more important questions, than either of the two guns, since it seems like you really don't need either.

That being said, I'd say the 30S would probably be more desirable and easier to sell/trade than the 930.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do these fit in with the rest of your collection?  How many handguns do you have?  In .45 caliber?  Do you have another backup to the 500?  It seems like in your case, these are the more important questions, than either of the two guns, since it seems like you really don't need either.

That being said, I'd say the 30S would probably be more desirable and easier to sell/trade than the 930.
View Quote
Good point about a backup.  I have a 870P I bought recently that would do a fine job as a backup to the 500.  

I have plenty of handguns, but most chambered in 9mm.  The 1911 was an inheritance (unfortunately far sooner than ever expected), and came with multiple cans of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
30S is a great gun. 930s don't have a great reputation so I would consider it a win.

I once shot Limited 10 with my 30S and it did great. Really surprised a few people.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You would probably be able to swap the G30 for something a bit more readily than the 930, so I'd lean that way.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I would do it as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell yes.

Take into account the fact that I shoot my shotgun maybe once a year.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I decided to make the trade, but then the guy who contacted me about wanting to trade has vanished.

I guess par for the course when buying/selling/trading on free local gun boards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top