Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2017 7:37:01 AM EDT
....for hunting in Texas when I can have the pick of the litter?   I meam, there are sooooo many common calibers around here that will get the job done for hunting, but for some reason the 450B is stuck in my head.  

Am I crazy?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You may be crazy, but that has nothing to do with what cartridges you prefer.

As long as the cartridge is adequate for the game, use what you like.

This goes for the platform as well.

My particular poison happens to be .50 Beo-Wulf.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Not at all.

I wanted a GSR in .450B , started a thread here to that effect. Called Ruger CS they said they had no knowledge of any intent to do such a thing , so I bought a GSR in .308. 3 months later Ruger brings a GSR in .450B to market, I was a little pissed as I had liquidated my .450B AR upper and all the ammo I had for it.

Accurate, throws a heavy projectile and as big bores go, pretty inexpensive to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Not crazy at all. If your like us and hunt in the eastern part of the state, then a short gun with a hard hitting round is the ticket.

I have moved to a 450BM, built on a Savage. We are also working on a magazine adapter for the Savage bolt guns.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I just built an 450BM and it's been pretty cool round.  It surprised me how much recoil it has, it really smack's the steel plates around.  Can't wait to deer hunt with it this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top