Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2017 8:36:10 PM EDT
I don't want the one with the thumbhole.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The very 1st batch to hit US had stained black wood stocks.  But since Molot does not usually have this option, usually slant back thumbhole stocks, these black stocks were sourced elsewhere to complete this initial order.  These stocks also were shipped with out butt plates.  A couple vendors that did the initial preorders for the very first Vepr 12s actually thought enough to replace their supply with fitted poly stocks.

I bought my first one from Atlantic Firearms (preordered) in 2012 & they swapped the stocks out before shipping them out to customers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The very 1st batch to hit US had stained black wood stocks.  But since Molot does not usually have this option, usually slant back thumbhole stocks, these black stocks were sourced elsewhere to complete this initial order.  These stocks also were shipped with out butt plates.  A couple vendors that did the initial preorders for the very first Vepr 12s actually thought enough to replace their supply with fitted poly stocks.

I bought my first one from Atlantic Firearms (preordered) in 2012 & they swapped the stocks out before shipping them out to customers.
View Quote
So can I just get one aftermarket and do a swap?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I worked at TGI when the first Vepr12's came in. We were the first importer of the Vepr12. The ATF took forever getting our approval letter back to us. The shotguns had the original folding stocks, but they had a small spot weld to keep the stock in the open position.
We had some come in with the black stock also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top