Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know, but, it's from Malaysia . Doesn't inspire confidence
View Quote
It's Asian Military Grade that is theoretically compatible with U.S. standards.

I expect it to be operational.  At least as a blasting ammo for fun at the range for an afternoon.
I don't expect it to be Creedmore grade, and the brass is non-re-loadable/combat expendable.

Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

wtf are you smoking?

its already under that for the newer surplus brass

If you figure in inflation, its way lower than it was 8 years ago

if you want cheap you should go steel case, its just as good as brass
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm wanting brass cased fmj for plinking cheap. Everything in the ammo world is coming down but not 308. It should be $400 when it was back 8 years ago.

wtf are you smoking?

its already under that for the newer surplus brass

If you figure in inflation, its way lower than it was 8 years ago

if you want cheap you should go steel case, its just as good as brass
I smoke Marlboro lights sometimes but mostly chew grizzly. I think you are thinking I'm talking about casings, I'm talking fully loaded ammo.

I remember seeing brass cased 308 ammo for 30 cents 8 years ago sometimes a quarter. How is it way lower than 8 years ago? What was $1 8 years ago is now $1.14, you act like inflation doubled Lol! You would be surprised how cheap military surplus ammo goes for overseas when importers bid on the ammo at the military depots. Steel case ammo... take that shit elsewhere, I only shoot that in AK rifles.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
What is surprising to me was all of the nay sayers that said 556 will never be cheaper than 30¢ a round after the election. Well I'm seeing both m193 and m855 for 27¢ a round right now.

Demand is way down. Remember Fred and Sally who never thought about buying guns and ammo in their lifetimes or do not live the gun shootin, hunting lifestyles like most of us on this forum . They bought guns and ammo and never shot it yet, bought guns because of Obama and now are thinking " why did we buy this stuff". They were temporary customers to ammo manufactures and would pay any price because they had no clue. Now since its not raining candy for industry they have us, the regular consumer who buys guns and ammo not because of political reasons but because we love going to the range and love firearms in general and we like our stuff cheap in price.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is surprising to me was all of the nay sayers that said 556 will never be cheaper than 30¢ a round after the election. Well I'm seeing both m193 and m855 for 27¢ a round right now.

Demand is way down. Remember Fred and Sally who never thought about buying guns and ammo in their lifetimes or do not live the gun shootin, hunting lifestyles like most of us on this forum . They bought guns and ammo and never shot it yet, bought guns because of Obama and now are thinking " why did we buy this stuff". They were temporary customers to ammo manufactures and would pay any price because they had no clue. Now since its not raining candy for industry they have us, the regular consumer who buys guns and ammo not because of political reasons but because we love going to the range and love firearms in general and we like our stuff cheap in price.
View Quote
if the Liberal 'Republicans' do any more to sabotage the semi-Liberal Trump Train - we're going to be seeing a lot more liberals elected in the next 2 elections, and then Fred/Sally will be neckbearding again along with lots of other ppl.

I'm thinking these Salad Days are just a temporary favorable blip before the Draconian Left swindles their way back to power and stomps on the Bill of Rights again.
They aint gonna let another AWB have a sunset, this time, either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 5:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm thinking these Salad Days are just a temporary favorable blip before the Draconian Left swindles their way back to power and stomps on the Bill of Rights again.
They aint gonna let another AWB have a sunset, this time, either.
View Quote
I kinda agree, I think the left dug themselves a deeper hole. AR's used to be $800 a couple years ago, now there $400 and are everywhere cheap. They ran their mouths so much a few people started selling 80% lowers which makes a awb ineffective to enforce. The 94 ban wasn't even effective anyways. I think everyone on here already knows that.[:/
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's coming down slowly. I use the PMC stuff for volume shooting. Normally price for 500 a few years back was about $350 for 500. I've watched it slowly come down. It was running about $320 on sale for the last year or so. Now it's showing on sale for $305 with a regular price of $320.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm wanting brass cased fmj for plinking cheap. Everything in the ammo world is coming down but not 308. It should be $400 when it was back 8 years ago.
It's coming down slowly. I use the PMC stuff for volume shooting. Normally price for 500 a few years back was about $350 for 500. I've watched it slowly come down. It was running about $320 on sale for the last year or so. Now it's showing on sale for $305 with a regular price of $320.
TVM would tell you that is getting cheaper.  If it ain't going up, it's getting cheaper.

You kids should have been around when we were buying surplus for $129/case.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

TVM would tell you that is getting cheaper.  If it ain't going up, it's getting cheaper.

You kids should have been around when we were buying surplus for $129/case.
View Quote
How long ago was that?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top