Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#1]
How do you place orders with Infamous Innovations?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody have a spare 16" barrel for sale for the ARX - maybe something left lying around after an SBR conversion? If so PM me, would love to buy it off your hands as a spare.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
To order from II go through their IG page or FB Group:

https://instagram.com/infamousinnovationsllc?igshid=NDRkN2NkYzU=

There’s also a Facebook Group called “Beretta ARX 100/160”
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 2:33:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Terraericthys:
To order from II go through their IG page or FB Group:

https://instagram.com/infamousinnovationsllc?igshid=NDRkN2NkYzU=

There’s also a Facebook Group called “Beretta ARX 100/160”
View Quote

I went to the FB page, but didn't see an order link. Guess I have to install Instagram just to place an order. BTW what are those SS stock pins for?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Tommy is the Admin on Facebook. Just DM him to order. The Pins are for the button to fold the stock. This part is mainly for those that plan to get ACR Stock Adapter as you will have to reuse some of the existing parts in order to install it. The OEM part is very fragile. I.I. just wanted to make sure a replacement was available in case they were broken. I have one just because I like to have as many backup parts as possible for the ARX.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 4:05:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#6]
I've messaged on both FB & Instagram. No reply.

Update: Tommy contacted me, said current stock is sold out. Have to wait for the next run.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I messaged them on IG a couple of weeks ago and have not got a response either.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:58:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FriendlyLocalYugo] [#8]
Having some troubles with my LPA MAS sights and wondering if anyone had advice.

Maxed out the elevation on my sights, still hits 2” high at 25 yards trying to rough zero on the 300m setting (other apertures did not improve things).

Sight can’t go any higher than the above situation without losing purchase, picture is where it does zero right and the sight is out of the slot spinning freely. Unthreads under recoil, not usable.

Correct sight for this config so not sure what to make of it, this is a short barrel setup but I don't see why that would drastically effect this. Opposite problem could be fixed by filing but really not sure what to do here. Groups were good (just miles above POA) with no stringing.

Ammo was CBC M193, does not produce issues in other firearms and anyway I can't imagine why ammo would be causing this issue while otherwise accurate. My windage on the sights was dead on out of the box too, POI is just crazy high. Never had this issue with other guns and I don't know what to try. My rail DOES have the roll-pin of some controversy.

UPDATE: LPA is sending me a set of taller front sight posts, apparently needed for my rifle config. Their CS was great.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:27:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#9]
I'd contact LPA Guilardi to see what they think. Either the sights are somehow off, or it's the gun/barrel, or the ammo (which does seem unlikely).
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FriendlyLocalYugo:
Having some troubles with my LPA MAS sights and wondering if anyone had advice.

Maxed out the elevation on my sights, still hits 2” high at 25 yards trying to rough zero on the 300m setting (other apertures did not improve things).

Sight can’t go any higher than the above situation without losing purchase, picture is where it does zero right and the sight is out of the slot spinning freely. Unthreads under recoil, not usable.

Correct sight for this config so not sure what to make of it, this is a short barrel setup but I don't see why that would drastically effect this. Opposite problem could be fixed by filing but really not sure what to do here. Groups were good (just miles above POA) with no stringing.

Ammo was CBC M193, does not produce issues in other firearms and anyway I can't imagine why ammo would be causing this issue while otherwise accurate. My windage on the sights was dead on out of the box too, POI is just crazy high. Never had this issue with other guns and I don't know what to try. My rail DOES have the roll-pin of some controversy.

https://i.imgur.com/wOFvOWp.jpg
View Quote

I'd actually try removing the "picatinny locator pin" from under the rail to see how that changes things.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
I'd contact LPA Guilardi to see what they think. Either the sights are somehow off, or it's the gun/barrel, or the ammo (which does seem unlikely).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have, and the distributor (Fusion Firearms), no replies yet. I was wondering if it could be a barrel crown issue, but from my research it seems that would cause stringing and poor accuracy too, and probably a horizontal POI shift.

I dropped an EOtech on this rifle from a 10.5" AR with a riser, actually just about the exact same height over bore and barrel length as the ARX. This AR was zeroed at the same distance with the same ammo. Eotech dot was DEAD ON for where my zero is (with the front sight of the LPA raised too far) just dropping it on the ARX. Just a bit above the top of the front sight with it screwed in enough not to rotate (not zeroed) and with the EOtech windage straight above the middle of the blade. Looks like I could shoot it straight at a 100 yard c zone and make hits with no adjustment. This makes me feel even more that something is off with these sights.

Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

I'd actually try removing the "picatinny locator pin" from under the rail to see how that changes things.

I probably will, but I watched some videos of people who tested accuracy both ways and it didn't really produce a POI shift.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 4:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#12]
Yugo, check this video from MAC starting around the 10 minute mark. > Link.

The pin certainly can have an effect, probably amplified having the rear iron sight basically right over it.

The pin has no effect on group size though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 2:32:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FriendlyLocalYugo] [#13]
Yugo, check this video from MAC starting around the 10 minute mark. > Link.

The pin certainly can have an effect, probably amplified having the rear iron sight basically right over it.

The pin has no effect on group size though.
View Quote

Thanks! Well, it isn't on the mil version and doesn't seem to effect groups as you said. I'll whack it out and try without.

ETA: Problem solved, see my first post.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting interview with Beretta's GM, Mr. Ferlito - by James Reeves.

In essence, for the TLDR crowd (it says clearly towards the end, Ferlito answering Reeve's direct question about the future of the platform ARX) he said

"... it's a dormant platform, we're not doing anything with it right now. Not one of our priorities"

So if anyone wanted something official - well now you got it.

ARX is going nowhere. He was fairly honest for the whole interview. It's not discontinued nor out of production, but clearly not a priority to produce and sell in the US at least currently.

Direct question and answer about the ARX is towards the end

James Reeves Interviews Beretta's GM, Carlo Ferlito

Link Posted: 10/22/2022 6:49:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#15]
Originally Posted By Solo_:
Interesting interview with Beretta's GM, Mr. Ferlito - by James Reeves.

In essence, for the TLDR crowd (it says clearly towards the end, Ferlito answering Reeve's direct question about the future of the platform ARX) he said

"... it's a dormant platform, we're not doing anything with it right now. Not one of our priorities"

So if anyone wanted something official - well now you got it.

ARX is going nowhere. He was fairly honest for the whole interview. It's not discontinued nor out of production, but clearly not a priority to produce and sell in the US at least currently.

Direct question and answer about the ARX is towards the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-H3bU9qFGo
View Quote

Thanks for posting that!

Well, I'll take dormant over discontinued, but I still don't think it's looking good for the ARX-100. I'd just be happy if they put something out there for replacement parts to keep the ones that are out there shootable for a little while more.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 2:23:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#16]
Originally Posted By FriendlyLocalYugo:

Thanks! Well, it isn't on the mil version and doesn't seem to effect groups as you said. I'll whack it out and try without.

ETA: Problem solved, see my first post.
View Quote

If possible, post the front post PN for us in case this is a characteristic issue.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#17]
He mentioned in the interview that Beretta wants to understand that segment of the US Civilian Market which is very demanding IMO compared to Military Customers. I think Beretta started off great with the prerelease marking of the ARX but it quickly flopped because the of price and lack of caliber conversion kits & accessories which Beretta promised. Like someone already mentioned, dormant is better than discontinued. It’s still being manufactured for military use, so hopefully in the years to come we see some revival even if it’s minor. They still show up in my local shops occasionally. Maybe not at the best prices like we saw in 2019 but they’re also not at exorbitant prices like when it was first released.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:23:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#18]
He mentioned in the interview that Beretta wants to understand that segment of the US Civilian Market which is very demanding IMO compared to Military Customers. I think Beretta started off great with the prerelease marking of the ARX but it quickly flopped because the of price and lack of caliber conversion kits & accessories which Beretta promised. Like someone already mentioned, dormant is better than discontinued. It’s still being manufactured for military use, so hopefully in the years to come we see some revival even if it’s minor. They still show up in my local shops occasionally. Maybe not at the best prices like we saw in 2019 but they’re also not at exorbitant prices like when it was first released.
View Quote

Demonstrated product support & expansion can help stimulate sales. The marketing effort for the ARX was long on talk, but lacked action. Caliber & SBR kits, plus if the market responded, later expanding the line by offering the ARX-200 would've help to galvanize product position & status. They got skittish way too quickly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Anybody know of a shop with an FDE ARX100 sitting on the shelves?
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

They sort of have that old, European company mentality mixed with the we had a big .gov contract mentality.

We come up with something, put it out, and people buy it.
We are not really going to take market desires into account.
We are going to do our “thing” and they will buy it.

And this has repeatedly bit them in the ass.

92 had a huge market share and a contract.
People wanted a compact and a subcompact version.
Neither the Centurion or the 92C were compact, and no SC appeared.

So in ‘94 we got the Cougar.
Nobody was really looking for a rotating barrel gun.
The market wanted a real 92C and a 92SC.
They used the same mag bodies with a different release cut.
We wanted mag compatibility.
They did some weird grip panel as a magwell thing no serious shooter would set up.
There were also some rollout issues.

In 2000 we got our SC.  The 9000.  
That was not really mag compatible but sort of was/claimed to be.
With purposefully unique styling.
Horrible grip material that failed.  
Even more serious roll out issues/malfunctions.
A horrible trigger,
And horrendous ergonomics.

So, 25 years into major polymer, striker fired gun competition,
We had not even seen a polymer framed 92, well, shadow for lack of a better word.
Yet, in 2004, we were handed a new model that had
Unique styling
Rotating barrel
Non 92 compatible magazines
Very slick grips
Features of failed precious lines-
Plus-
A combination of a polymer frame with a hammer firing system.
And a SC model with a totally different operation system.

Long wanting a standard rail model, we got the 90-two in 2006.
All we wanted was a 92 with a rail.
They went for unique styling again.
Grip was very slick plastic held by a very small retention nub.
And we lost slide/frame compatibility with the parent model.
Combining aspects of lines that had previously failed or linger on life support.

About 30 years after Glock began its growth, Beretta finally released a striker gun.
With unique looks.
And non 92 compatible magazines.
And-
In a sea of completion-
Brought out a better than mediocre polymer framed striker fired gun.
That some went into fire sale mode.

It’s a very odd history.

Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ramairthree:

They sort of have that old, European company mentality mixed with the we had a big .gov contract mentality.

We come up with something, put it out, and people buy it.
We are not really going to take market desires into account.
We are going to do our "thing" and they will buy it.

And this has repeatedly bit them in the ass.

92 had a huge market share and a contract.
People wanted a compact and a subcompact version.
Neither the Centurion or the 92C were compact, and no SC appeared.

So in '94 we got the Cougar.
Nobody was really looking for a rotating barrel gun.
The market wanted a real 92C and a 92SC.
They used the same mag bodies with a different release cut.
We wanted mag compatibility.
They did some weird grip panel as a magwell thing no serious shooter would set up.
There were also some rollout issues.

In 2000 we got our SC.  The 9000.  
That was not really mag compatible but sort of was/claimed to be.
With purposefully unique styling.
Horrible grip material that failed.  
Even more serious roll out issues/malfunctions.
A horrible trigger,
And horrendous ergonomics.

So, 25 years into major polymer, striker fired gun competition,
We had not even seen a polymer framed 92, well, shadow for lack of a better word.
Yet, in 2004, we were handed a new model that had
Unique styling
Rotating barrel
Non 92 compatible magazines
Very slick grips
Features of failed precious lines-
Plus-
A combination of a polymer frame with a hammer firing system.
And a SC model with a totally different operation system.

Long wanting a standard rail model, we got the 90-two in 2006.
All we wanted was a 92 with a rail.
They went for unique styling again.
Grip was very slick plastic held by a very small retention nub.
And we lost slide/frame compatibility with the parent model.
Combining aspects of lines that had previously failed or linger on life support.

About 30 years after Glock began its growth, Beretta finally released a striker gun.
With unique looks.
And non 92 compatible magazines.
And-
In a sea of completion-
Brought out a better than mediocre polymer framed striker fired gun.
That some went into fire sale mode.

It's a very odd history.

View Quote
...welcome to Italy !

You nailed it. As many others before you who saw exactly what it is like.
It's much, much harder to conquer the American market (today) than what Beretta thinks it should be.

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for sharing this Sir. Looks like no 300 Blkout kits for the ARX sadly.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone know the size of this pin?  I bought a lower off the EE with a shooting sight trigger and I need this pin to install it on my ARX....I don't want to use the existing pin on mine, I want a spare.  

Doesn't have to be a beretta pin, just the equivalent from anywhere.

It's part #46...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Nothing really new to report but wanted to share a conversation I had with a Beretta sales rep yesterday who was pretty damn knowledgeable and clearly a gun guy.   I called about something other than the ARX100 but we ended up chatting for about 30 mins after what should have been a 5 minute phone call.  

The word he has received from US management is that the ARX100 has been "canceled" in the US from the Italian side.  Demand was ok but less than expected in the US, and given how slow Beretta is to bring products to the market there is no current belief we will see much product support for it, much less a run of 10.5 barrels.  This made me sad.   The current internal push from Beretta Italy is the PMX.  Sounded like that will get here soon.

While one never knows, the future continues to look bleak for the ARX100.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:34:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#25]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Nothing really new to report but wanted to share a conversation I had with a Beretta sales rep yesterday who was pretty damn knowledgeable and clearly a gun guy.   I called about something other than the ARX100 but we ended up chatting for about 30 mins after what should have been a 5 minute phone call.  

The word he has received from US management is that the ARX100 has been "canceled" in the US from the Italian side.  Demand was ok but less than expected in the US, and given how slow Beretta is to bring products to the market there is no current belief we will see much product support for it, much less a run of 10.5 barrels.  This made me sad.   The current internal push from Beretta Italy is the PMX.  Sounded like that will get here soon.

While one never knows, the future continues to look bleak for the ARX100.
View Quote

Well that's very disappointing to hear... I'm just wishing they would put out replacement parts for the ones that are out there, but even that's looking bleak.

I have 3 of these and 2 of them are likely to remain safe queens to never be used. Now I'm thinking I should probably drench them in collector oil and put them in collector status... I have enough parts to keep the one ARX that I actually use going for a while, but other than the Shooting Sight trigger I won't be making any more modifications to it.

When I originally bought into this rifle I never thought it would loose all factory support from Beretta USA.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 1:53:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#26]
This was my 1st, & probably last purchase from Beretta, as it's looking like the organization doesn't have the chops to go the distance with any of its products if they aren't home run sales hits straight from the gate. While I get the need to focus on profitable markets, some markets do take some time & investment to mature. Besides, what else other than the PMX do they offer in the carbine/rifle category? I've said before that FN is selling the only modern design military pedigree .308 in that market for nearly $3.5K while Beretta just sits cluelessly on the ARX200. Not everything storms the market on initial release.

They can't be trusted to be there, which I find highly ironic for being one of - maybe the - oldest companies in the world. Oh well. Rumor is IWI will be releasing the Carmel soon, & they seem to have better endurance.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I agree that IWI does support its products.  I've already sold a spare ARX barrel off and I am contemplating parting mine out.   One positive thing I can say is that mine have been very reliable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 9:34:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#28]
I am also pissed, I have contemplated before letting go of my SBR  much likely I'm going to do just that, and I'm registerIng my a ARX from SBR status, since I do have the longer barrel as well, selling it as a regular rifle and then selling the factory SBR barrel at a premium price.I think that that's going to be my plan. Much likely I'll get one of those Carmels
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Solo_:
I am also pissed, I have contemplated before letting go of my SBR  much likely I'm going to do just that, and I'm registerIng my a ARX from SBR status, since I do have the longer barrel as well, selling it as a regular rifle and then selling the factory SBR barrel at a premium price.I think that that's going to be my plan. Much likely I'll get one of those Carmels
View Quote

That sounds like a reasonable plan.  I am right behind you.  I got a stash of parts from Brownells several years back.  Surprisingly, the parts were decently priced.  I got recoil springs, firing pins, various springs, cam pins, etc.  Now, Brownells only shows a short page of parts and the only two items that show in stock are the bolt and the complete bolt carrier group.   I ordered the "in stock" bolt 6 months ago and had to call them when it never shipped.  I was informed that it is a special order part and placed on backorder, so I am going to guess that I will never get that.
No more Beretta, or Beretta-owned, for me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I've said before that FN is selling the only modern design military pedigree .308 in that market for nearly $3.5K while Beretta just sits cluelessly on the ARX200. Not everything storms the market on initial release.
View Quote

I'd say the Tavor 7 and Galil ACE 308 are also modern military pedigree 308 rifles.  Idk of anyone using T7s but it's IWI so you know the gun is built like a tank and can handle any military use.

But I do agree about Beretta just sitting on their ass with the ARX200.  CZ is doing the same thing with the Bren 2 BR.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:39:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#31]
I'm not sure I'd jump to a different Gen 3 rifle at this point. In my opinion, the ARX was the best of them, it just never panned out. I think the Bren 2 had potential (being a better SCAR), but the ball was dropped on the civilian version as far as I can tell. I would have also considered the Carmel, but the civilian version with the retarded handguard is a hard pass for me... I'd rather just stick with ARs.

The ARX-200 likely would have been my first and only .308 rifle if it ever came out. I'm not really seeing anything else that peaks my interest to include that caliber in my collection of 5.56 and 9MM only. I don't like keeping a bunch of odd ball stuff around. Commonality of mags and ammo is a main consideration for me.

Bullpups never really made sense to me. The VHS/Springfield whatever was kinda neat at first, but I got over it just like I got over my very slight urge to want a mini-14.

The SIG MCX/Spear I just don't get at all, so I won't be going that route ever. I'm really not a fan of anything the US military has chosen since after the adoption of the M4/M4A1. Seriously, I thought the HK XM8 made more sense than any of this current SIG nonsense that the military is going with.

Maybe Shot Show will again surprise me someday, but I think it will take a miracle since the last thing that got me excited was the ARX all the way back in 2009.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I don’t see what the big deal is about it being discontinued. Yeah, it sucks, but I find myself in this situation often, ARX, FS2000, ACR, Maxim 9, off the top of my head. For one to sell theirs just to avoid the possibility of running into a lack of parts IF it breaks seems weird to me considering how much I love mine. Not to mention, just because Beretta isn’t selling parts doesn’t mean they won’t repair it if there’s an issue.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:21:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#33]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
I don’t see what the big deal is about it being discontinued. Yeah, it sucks, but I find myself in this situation often, ARX, FS2000, ACR, Maxim 9, off the top of my head. For one to sell theirs just to avoid the possibility of running into a lack of parts IF it breaks seems weird to me considering how much I love mine. Not to mention, just because Beretta isn’t selling parts doesn’t mean they won’t repair it if there’s an issue.
View Quote

I wouldn't sell mine either, though I think Beretta has been sketchy on repairing them over the last couple of years. Unfortunately, I've seen a couple of ARX owners that needed to send their ARX's in and Beretta refused to work with them. I believe Beretta has mothballed the very small ARX assembly section of their Tennessee factory, that along with no parts available to fix anything.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:53:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#34]
I'm not sure I'd jump to a different Gen 3 rifle at this point. In my opinion, the ARX was the best of them, it just never panned out. I think the Bren 2 had potential (being a better SCAR), but the ball was dropped on the civilian version as far as I can tell. I would have also considered the Carmel, but the civilian version with the retarded handguard is a hard pass for me... I'd rather just stick with ARs.
View Quote

The overextended MLok HG on the Carmel is stupid for sure. I'm crossing my fingers IWI will cut it back so that it ends behind the gas block instead of covering over it & then cutting an access hole for adjustments. That seems to be a trend, & I sincerely hate it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#35]

The overextended MLok HG on the Carmel is stupid for sure. I'm crossing my fingers IWI will cut it back so that it ends behind the gas block instead of covering over it & then cutting an access hole for adjustments. That seems to be a trend, & I sincerely hate it.
View All Quotes

I'm in agreement with that, but my main gripe is over all the foreign firearm manufacturers that (for some reason) feel the need to "Americanize" their designs to bring them to the US market. I feel like the ARX-100 side stepped that to a degree, though it didn't come to us in it's full ARX-160A3 form, it also wasn't so drastically different that is made it unappealing. keep in mind, we all became interested in the ARX seeing it at Shot Show with older models such as the ARX-160A1 and ARX-160A2 in FDE. Our biggest complaint was that the ARX-100 didn't come to us in FDE with the longer A1/A2 handguard, but we had no idea at the time that they were basing it off of the newest A3 model.

Drastic changes like we saw happen with the Bren 2 and now the Carmel are just terrible considering that the original design is what captured people's interest. We don't want bastardized "Americanized" versions that include features that are inspired by the AR. It just doesn't make any sense since the only reason we were looking outside of the AR in the first place was because we wanted something different... I know you know, but this bugs me.

We also don't want heavy barrels... CZ, I'm talking to you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

How can they repair them if theres no parts? I wanted one so bad but if beretta abandoned it, we’re stuck with it and no parts.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
How can they repair them if theres no parts? I wanted one so bad but if beretta abandoned it, we’re stuck with it and no parts.
View Quote

We’re in that situation with most discontinued firearms. If someone doesn’t like it, they can buy an AR. I think it’s worth the risk and won’t be selling mine anytime soon.

In addition, just because they stop selling the ARX100 here doesn’t automatically mean there’s no parts. If they’re still making the ARX160, the parts are still being made.

Perhaps we’d know more by listing what’s prone to breaking? Or of consumer guns that broke and Beretta couldn’t repair?
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:52:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#38]

We’re in that situation with most discontinued firearms. If someone doesn’t like it, they can buy an AR. I think it’s worth the risk and won’t be selling mine anytime soon.

In addition, just because they stop selling the ARX100 here doesn’t automatically mean there’s no parts. If they’re still making the ARX160, the parts are still being made.

Perhaps we’d know more by listing what’s prone to breaking? Or of consumer guns that broke and Beretta couldn’t repair?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

I've heard maybe a couple times about worn cam pins where it interfaces with the firing pin, I've seen bent extractors/ejectors cause by over-gassing on a suppressed SBR and I've seen one snapped off hook/latch on a takedown plate. Also, the bolt catch/release buttons are prone to breaking on removal.

The screws for the side and top rails are very soft and the drive slots are damaged easily... Other than that I can't think of much else.

I know Beretta has refused to service canted barrel extensions, even though they are the only place that can do that properly since they are the only ones with the proper tooling/jigs and assembly knowledge. They also won't do anything if your ARX groups well over their 4" MOA at 100 yards accuracy standard.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#39]

I've heard maybe a couple times about worn cam pins where it interfaces with the firing pin, I've seen bent extractors/ejectors cause by over-gassing on a suppressed SBR and I've seen one snapped off hook/latch on a takedown plate. Also, the bolt catch/release buttons are prone to breaking on removal.

The screws for the side and top rails are very soft and the drive slots are damaged easily... Other than that I can't think of much else.

I know Beretta has refused to service canted barrel extensions, even though they are the only place that can do that properly since they are the only ones with the proper tooling/jigs and assembly knowledge. They also won't do anything if your ARX groups well over their 4" MOA at 100 yards accuracy standard.
View Quote

Wow they sound like a piece of junk based off that.  Haha, I guess I got lucky, I shoot the shit out of mine and nothing has broken ….yet

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 5:05:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#40]
Originally Posted By eliteII:

Wow they sound like a piece of junk based off that.  Haha, I guess I got lucky, I shoot the shit out of mine and nothing has broken ….yet

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eliteII:

Keep in mind, that I've only heard of these issues few and far between and most of them I've only heard of happening once. In comparison to the other Gen 3 rifles the ARX is the one with the least reported issues that I've seen.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#41]

FINALLY!!! 🍾
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Double hinge.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 5:59:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Terraericthys] [#43]
Only specs so far is it’ll be 7075 T6 Hardcoat Anodized. Once mine comes in I’ll post the weight and any other info. I’ll also post the overall weight difference between the ACR and ARX stock as their will be a slight increase due to Magpul’s much denser polymer. It may also balance out the rifle a bit since the ARX is slightly front heavy (although that’ll go out the window when I add a suppressor). The rubber buttpad will be a nice improvement IMO. I had modified a spare ARX stock with a Magpul SL Buttpad which didn’t slip of the shoulder pocket like the OEM would and it added length of pull. I think I’ll enjoy the built in cheek riser for my irons and optic (I’m not really into to the trend of tall mounts which is simulated on the ARX with it’s high rail). Lastly is the 123A battery storage (nothing wrong with the grip storage though). It’ll go on my setup below
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 11:20:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#44]
My only area of concern is going to be the removal and reinstallation of the hinge pin without damaging anything. I'm certain that Beretta uses a press for this and it probably won't be so easy with a punch and a hammer. Hopefully you don't run into any issues.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 5:00:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terraericthys] [#45]
I’ve removed and reinstalled the hinge pin plenty of times with just a punch and small jewelers hammer. It is not difficult at all.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Double hinge.
View Quote

That’s desperate, but I know how much everyone loves to put ACR stocks on pretty much everything.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#47]
I’ve removed and reinstalled the hinge pin plenty of times with just a punch and small jewelers hammer. It is not difficult at all.
View Quote

That's good to hear. I was thinking it would be pretty easy to damage the hinge pin so it would be best to avoid messing with it. I wonder if a suitable replacement could be found at McMaster-Carr?

Though I also have concerns about damaging the hinge itself, especially since half of the hinge is part of the upper receiver.

Funny how cautious I am when the liberals are just itching to see all these things rounded up into big piles (Australian style) to be headed to the grinder.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#48]

I know Beretta has refused to service canted barrel extensions, even though they are the only place that can do that properly since they are the only ones with the proper tooling/jigs and assembly knowledge.
View Quote

Unless I’m misunderstanding the problem, this should be an easy fix for any decent smith. I made a custom barrel for one that reused the factory barrel extension, so I made the required jigs. It’s a simple design, that part of the project was really easy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 11:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#49]
Originally Posted By Red_SC:

Unless I’m misunderstanding the problem, this should be an easy fix for any decent smith. I made a custom barrel for one that reused the factory barrel extension, so I made the required jigs. It’s a simple design, that part of the project was really easy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Red_SC:

I know Beretta has refused to service canted barrel extensions, even though they are the only place that can do that properly since they are the only ones with the proper tooling/jigs and assembly knowledge.

Sure, if your mechanically inclined it can be done and it doesn't even mess up the headspace like it would on an AR, but you really should hold both the barrel extension and the barrel fixed from movement in a way that ensures both are in perfect alignment while applying torque to the nut. Beretta has that jig set up, but outside of that we would just be winging it. Also, Beretta has not given the torque spec for the barrel extension nut, leaving us to guess at it as well as what type of lube should be used. Heck, maybe their spec actually calls for thread locker, but they won't say and they won't take an ARX back to fix it.

Luckily I have not had an ARX barrel extension come loose or become canted myself, but I have seen it pop up a few times for others.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:44:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#50]

That’s desperate, but I know how much everyone loves to put ACR stocks on pretty much everything.
View All Quotes
Double hinge.

Ironically, he also makes a cheek riser that clamps to the factory stock.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top