Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sdrake100:Not interested at that price point.
View Quote

How about if I knock $100+ off?

https://g4gguns.com/product/ber-jxr11b00-arx100-5-56-16-30rd-2/
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

Not interested at that price point.
View Quote
That is probably as good as it will ever get for new ARX.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
That is probably as good as it will ever get for new ARX.
View Quote

Just two months ago I grabbed a new one on GB for $1259. Sometimes you just have to be patient.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is an article from the Gallitan News showing a recent visit by Senator Hagerty to the Beretta plant.  It has a good picture of a some of ARX's in racks presumably for the civilian market.  Although the mags look backward to me.

https://www.gallatinnews.com/news/hagerty-touts-gun-rights-during-beretta-tour/article_cce2a824-90fb-11eb-9f6d-7f9865ef93ac.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, you can clearly see the notch in the mag.  Maybe they do that to keep the gun and mag together platonically?  Safe sex style.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
And those are the ASC brand mags that they've been shipping with this year.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]
You can see the followers on the magazines too. It’s probably a simple safety measure to quickly and visually make sure there are no loaded magazines in the rifles and that each rifle has a magazine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
ARX in stock at grabagun

https://grabagun.com/beretta-jxr11600-arx100-223-rfl-30rd.html?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5-2-2021+-+Sunday-2021-05-02+16%3A00%3A00&utm_content=IMAGE+Beretta-ARX100-JXR11600-082442686196.jpg_2.jpg&sc_src=email_1253043&sc_lid=74258628&sc_uid=WwE2fr4oLA&sc_llid=233637&sc_eh=ad354ad109082a5d1
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:
ARX in stock at grabagun

https://grabagun.com/beretta-jxr11600-arx100-223-rfl-30rd.html?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5-2-2021+-+Sunday-2021-05-02+16%3A00%3A00&utm_content=IMAGE+Beretta-ARX100-JXR11600-082442686196.jpg_2.jpg&sc_src=email_1253043&sc_lid=74258628&sc_uid=WwE2fr4oLA&sc_llid=233637&sc_eh=ad354ad109082a5d1
View Quote
Decent price in today's market.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#10]
My local retail shops were selling them for under $1300.  Not sure why they're so much more on-line?

I do recommend them to all Lefties.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:15:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shortround] [#11]
I know it's probably somewhere in this 109 page (so far) thread, but where are you guys having your SBR engraving done on the ARX and what does the engraving shop have to do special to engrave the plastic receiver?

I hear stories of melted receivers, and the local guy won't touch it.  I thought about having it done on the barrel, but unless it was done on the gas block, it would not be readily visible.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#12]
An engraver did mine on the right side of the receiver just below the ejection port.  Came out fine.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine was also engraved on the right side of the receiver and came out great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't speak specifically to the ARX's polymer but I've had both a UMP clone and Scorpion SBRs engraved on the polymer receiver without issue.  Mister Guns in Plano TX and Gray Laser in San Antonio TX respectively.  While Mister Guns is local-only (which is awesome for me, not so much for you!) Gray Laser will take shipped receivers.  Ident Marking in Rockwall TX does both local and shipped, I've had several receivers done by them just not any polymer ones.  OMG IT SPINS knows what he's doing though.

It shouldn't be too hard for someone that's experienced in NFA engraving.  The local little league trophy shop guy, ehhhh, but a shop competent with laser engraving should know how to dial in their laser to avoid melting the plastic.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I had mine engraved on the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish I still had the one I had bought new when they were $800.  I saw 2 today on the shelf at Scheels in The Colony but at $1600 they can keep them.  It was neat at $800.  Twice that, I'd rather get a Bren or Galil.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By funkeruski:
I had mine engraved on the barrel.
View Quote

Just out of curiosity where on the barrel if I may ask?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:13:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#18]
I finally settled on what flash suppressor to use on my ARXs and a couple other rifles! After years of indecision (and not really being a fan of the A2 flash suppressor, especially on lightweight barrels), I went with the A1 flash suppressor.

I originally wanted to use the Smith Vortex G6A4 since it's my favorite, but I was concerned over what it's self tightening effect would have on the ARX's loosely supported quick change barrel and it's accuracy, as well as it potentially causing issues with the polymer alignment tabs that support the barrel extension. I considered the B.E. Meyers 249F too, but in looking at it I thought it might have some self tightening effect as well. I also considered the Forward Controls Design 6315 but it's just a really nice A2 flash suppressor in the end.

So yesterday I installed A1s on all 3 of my ARXs and a Colt 6720, and I also tested out a new crush washer that I can't recommend highly enough (the JP Enterprises Double crush washer). The JP crush washer crushes with a consistent 15 foot pounds of torque over it's nearly 1 and 1/2 turn range and it also keeps itself well centered despite the ARX barrels relief cut threads which make centering a regular crush washer a near impossible challenge.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I use a vortex on my SBR, and it's fine. Works well to cut down the blast profile. The self-tightening isn't really that much from when I've used it, I can't see it actually affecting the barrel.

Especially not with how little I shoot, even before ammo started being made with unobtanium.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:46:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#20]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:
I use a vortex on my SBR, and it's fine. Works well to cut down the blast profile. The self-tightening isn't really that much from when I've used it, I can't see it actually affecting the barrel.

Especially not with how little I shoot, even before ammo started being made with unobtanium.
View Quote

I know I've overthought this and it was probably a non issue. And Lord knows I've spent a lot of money on flash suppressors to finally end up with the A1 as the top choice for my ARXs... I'd still prefer the Vortex, but my mind would never be at peace if that's what I put on them. Though another part of my mind will still always be nagging me to put the Vortex on them, since it is my favorite after all.

I just can't win in my own mind, so I'm going to pretend to be happy with the decision (for now).

Time to decide on optics, and the Aimpoint Comp M5S is looking like the winner, but I won't be buying 3 at once.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

I know I've overthought this and it was probably a non issue. And Lord knows I've spent a lot of money on flash suppressors to finally end up with the A1 as the top choice for my ARXs... I'd still prefer the Vortex, but my mind would never be at peace if that's what I put on them. Though another part of my mind will still always be nagging me to put the Vortex on them, since it is my favorite after all.

I just can't win in my own mind, so I'm going to pretend to be happy with the decision (for now).

Time to decide on optics, and the Aimpoint Comp M5S is looking like the winner, but I won't be buying 3 at once.
View Quote

My silencer is a Griffon M4SD, so I did try out the A1/ A2 and their normal brake, but the blowback from the silencer was a bit irritating and without the silencer they didn't break up the blast as well, so I went with the Vortex.

With a 16", the A1 is perfectly fine and I think that's what I actually have on the 16" barrel.

Optics wise, I can't be paying for no M5S, I got a PRO and with the spacer removed it's a perfect fit. :)
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#22]

My silencer is a Griffon M4SD, so I did try out the A1/ A2 and their normal brake, but the blowback from the silencer was a bit irritating and without the silencer they didn't break up the blast as well, so I went with the Vortex.

With a 16", the A1 is perfectly fine and I think that's what I actually have on the 16" barrel.

Optics wise, I can't be paying for no M5S, I got a PRO and with the spacer removed it's a perfect fit. :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Just 16" barrels here and no silencers, so the A1 should be adequate.

I really wish I could go with the Aimpoint Pro and I did consider it a little, but my OCD must have integrated mounts which really limits my options. I also considered the Trijicon MRO since I could easily afford to get three of them at once, but the parallax issues with the MRO are a deal breaker. I considered EOTech as well, but the optic height is too high and I really want to be as close to the rail as possible... So either the Aimpoint T2, M5 or M5S with no spacers is about perfect.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I really wish I could go with the Aimpoint Pro and I did consider it a little, but my OCD must have integrated mounts which really limits my options.
View All Quotes
I really wish I could go with the Aimpoint Pro and I did consider it a little, but my OCD must have integrated mounts which really limits my options.

It's important to understand your own issues. :)

I also considered the Trijicon MRO since I could easily afford to get three of them at once, but the parallax issues with the MRO are a deal breaker. I considered EOTech as well, but the optic height is too high and I really want to be as close to the rail as possible... So either the Aimpoint T2, M5 or M5S with no spacers is about perfect.

My eyes never worked with the EOTechs, with my glasses off it's just a field of red. Obviously the Aimpoints will be great in any case, it's great to have so many options. It can get expensive quick though! I have one of the little Bushnell TRS25 $60 red dots that I use on guns before deciding what to put on stuff, and that's never had an issue either, so we're probably over thinking stuff. :)
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By HellioN:

Just out of curiosity where on the barrel if I may ask?
View Quote

There is a little space on the left side of the barrel that extends past the handguard before you hit the flash hider. Did it there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Price drop at grabagun

https://grabagun.com/beretta-jxr11600-arx100-223-rfl-30rd.html?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Price+Drop+%28RTI%29-2019-12-12+22%3A02%3A00&utm_content=IMAGE+%7Bitem.image_url%7D%7D&sc_src=email_17592&sc_lid=3285224&sc_uid=WwE2fr4oLA&sc_llid=966521&sc_eh=ad354ad109082a5d1
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:
Price drop at grabagun

https://grabagun.com/beretta-jxr11600-arx100-223-rfl-30rd.html?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Price+Drop+%28RTI%29-2019-12-12+22%3A02%3A00&utm_content=IMAGE+%7Bitem.image_url%7D%7D&sc_src=email_17592&sc_lid=3285224&sc_uid=WwE2fr4oLA&sc_llid=966521&sc_eh=ad354ad109082a5d1
View Quote

Thank you.  Ended up snatching one.  Sold my old one but want to get back in to the platform.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:36:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Thank you.  Ended up snatching one.  Sold my old one but want to get back in to the platform.
View Quote

No problem, they send me emails almost daily.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:58:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#28]
Glad I saw your post because I unsubscribed a while back.

Ordered Troy micro BUIS for it
Also ordered the extended charging handle

...I haven't read on it in a while but does anyone have a good method for permanently attaching a cheek piece to the gun?  I'm going to run irons on it for a while, but eventually I'll want to toss an ACOG on it.

I may SBR it eventually as well.  I don't know what it is... but the gun has always looked odd with the long pencil barrel in rifle format.  With the 10.5" barrel I find it to be one of the coolest looking guns there is.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Glad I saw your post because I unsubscribed a while back.

Ordered Troy micro BUIS for it
Also ordered the extended charging handle

...I haven't read on it in a while but does anyone have a good method for permanently attaching a cheek piece to the gun?  I'm going to run irons on it for a while, but eventually I'll want to toss an ACOG on it.

I may SBR it eventually as well.  I don't know what it is... but the gun has always looked odd with the long pencil barrel in rifle format.  With the 10.5" barrel I find it to be one of the coolest looking guns there is.
View Quote

If you're gong to go the SBR route, chop the 16" barrel down to14.5" (I've posted pics of mine some pages back in this thread). I think you'll like it, & it'll still work with the factory gas port size.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#30]
The craziness continues. I was picking up a new rifle at a pawn shop that was doing an FFL transfer for me yesterday. They had a used ARX-100 on their rack for $2200.00.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:
The craziness continues. I was picking up a new rifle at a pawn shop that was doing an FFL transfer for me yesterday. They had a used ARX-100 on their rack for $2200.00.
View Quote

It'll be there forever at that price.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

If you're gong to go the SBR route, chop the 16" barrel down to14.5" (I've posted pics of mine some pages back in this thread). I think you'll like it, & it'll still work with the factory gas port size.
View Quote

Wow... I really like the look of the 14.5" barrel.  It's a nice compromise, IMO.  Honestly I could just send the barrel in for a chop and have a brake pinned/welded as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, after having this thing for a couple of years, I finally got it engraved, the short barrel on it, Troy micro sights and a Romeo 5 in a ADM CASV mount, I'm ready to take it back out!
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Snagged one for under $1200 OTD

Am I understanding correctly that there’s enough teal on the barrel to cut it to 14.5?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By PreachermanMATT:

Am I understanding correctly that there’s enough teal on the barrel to cut it to 14.5?
View Quote

You can have a barrel cut and re-threaded and there is a "tiny" amount of shoulder - I had one done cut to 12.5" + long flash hider for looks - It wasn't enough to satisfy so I went SBR instead.  Interesting for that cut down however is gun functioned fine without enlarging gas ports!

The gun is a great platform and a few refinements would make it shine (Grip Frame that allows replaceable AR pistol grips, removable front rails that don't have screw spines sticking out, and some different butt stocks that could be swapped out)
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

You can have a barrel cut and re-threaded and there is a "tiny" amount of shoulder - I had one done cut to 12.5" + long flash hider for looks - It wasn't enough to satisfy so I went SBR instead.  Interesting for that cut down however is gun functioned fine without enlarging gas ports!

The gun is a great platform and a few refinements would make it shine (Grip Frame that allows replaceable AR pistol grips, removable front rails that don't have screw spines sticking out, and some different butt stocks that could be swapped out)
View Quote

Did you keep the 12.5 bbl for your SBR?  I am thinking of getting one cut to 12.5.  The 10.5 bbl has dropped off of the Beretta USA website and they told me that they were not sure when or if they would be offering it again.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes.  I still have it and the G28 Flash Hider.  It is not perm attached and went SBR with factory SBR barrel that is about 10.5 or so.

The cut down barrel might be 12.7 or something like that.  It was done a few years ago hard to remember.

Originally Posted By Uys:

Did you keep the 12.5 bbl for your SBR?  I am thinking of getting one cut to 12.5.  The 10.5 bbl has dropped off of the Beretta USA website and they told me that they were not sure when or if they would be offering it again.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PreachermanMATT:

View Quote

Use a taper washer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the info and photos.  I'd feel better about cutting my 16in bbl if I can keep the reliability and the ability to pin/weld at a later date if I need to make it a non-SBR.  
I do wish I would have bought another 16 inch bbl when Brownells started getting ARX parts years ago.  They were around $400, now they are listed at $1000 and out of stock or a special order item.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the info and photos.  I'd feel better about cutting my 16in bbl if I can keep the reliability and the ability to pin/weld at a later date if I need to make it a non-SBR.  
I do wish I would have bought another 16 inch bbl when Brownells started getting ARX parts years ago.  They were around $400, now they are listed at $1000 and out of stock or a special order item.
View Quote

Good thinking - If you want to sell as a non-NFA it will be an easy conversion back to 16" - Pin it and your a non-NFA which can be easier to sell.

That is sort of why I have clung to my barrel just in case I want to move it as non-NFA and sell the SBR factory barrel.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes.  I still have it and the G28 Flash Hider.  It is not perm attached and went SBR with factory SBR barrel that is about 10.5 or so.

The cut down barrel might be 12.7 or something like that.  It was done a few years ago hard to remember.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/.highres/021_zpsvzdwhwi5.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/.highres/019_zpshmvggilj.jpg
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/.highres/024_zpssod2o7kx.jpg

View Quote

That looks so much nicer than stock.

Here's the route I went to get rid of the long pencil barrel look.  This slips over the barrel and threads just before the FH.  I've had this in my parts bin for over 15 years and finally get to use it.

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Finally got around to posting a pic of the buttpad from Magpul I put on my ARX, had to be sanded and fitted, used acylic mix for bonding.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#43]
FYI GrabAGun has FDE ARX-100 rifles in stock: https://grabagun.com/beretta-47.html?gundeals
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:30:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#44]

Just bought a black one, USD1399, new. Good enough for me.
Being in FL, I will SBR it - I suppose the 10.5 factory barrels are as good as unobtanium?

Mine (seller's picture)

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SoloDallas:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326068/Screen_Shot_2021-07-14_at_11_30_07_AM-2013231.png

Just bought a black one, USD1399, new. Good enough for me.
Being in FL, I will SBR it - I suppose the 10.5 factory barrels are as good as unobtanium?

Mine (seller's picture)

View Quote

Depends on how fast you want to do it.  If you don't mind waiting for a while you can slow play it and see if Beretta is going to release more 10.5" barrels.  I think most thought we would not see this many of the rifles being release so who knows?  I got my 10.5" from Beretta's website on a black Friday coupon.  With a short barrel like that it sure is a handy little carbine.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By p230:

Depends on how fast you want to do it.  If you don't mind waiting for a while you can slow play it and see if Beretta is going to release more 10.5" barrels.  I think most thought we would not see this many of the rifles being release so who knows?  I got my 10.5" from Beretta's website on a black Friday coupon.  With a short barrel like that it sure is a handy little carbine.

Good Luck
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#47]
This is the Beretta USA response from April '21 that I have previously posted.  The Italian made magazines and the 10.5 barrel kits aren't even listed on the website anymore.  I should have bought two, but I want to be positive...

Thank you for contacting the Beretta USA Online Products Store

It looks like that kit is not available currently, and we do not have an ETA as to when or if it will be offered on our website.

We thank you for choosing Beretta.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#48]
The only other option is chopping down a std profile & drilling  the gas ports. Then again, the N setting could be used for unsuppressed & S for suppressed with that modification, so cutting, crowning, & threading may just be the ticket.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#49]
FYI, everyone got the same response from Beretta when asked about the CX4 Storm being discontinued, yet a boatload showed up recently after a long hiatus, be patient.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#50]
snagged the last FDE one that G4G had for sale.  I lamented not buying back when they were $800 or the factory $899 SBR's from Botach so the new price is meh, but FDE/coyote will make it all better.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top