Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Where's the best place to get an ARX Nowadays?
View Quote

discontinued
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By nmichlig:

discontinued
View Quote

It's not discontinued
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1888mustang] [#3]
sorry missed your post, no issues with mounting, the spacer is not a spacer it is a crush washer, and using one with a can has a high probability of a baffle strike.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

It's not discontinued
View Quote

if not where can I buy 20 of them tomorrow?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

It's not discontinued

Tell me where I can buy 20 Scars tomorrow?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
View Quote

Or SP5s.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

cabelas
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:46:12 AM EDT
[#8]

cabelas
View All Quotes

cabelas

Lolz, no.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]
So here is why getting spare parts through Brownells has been mostly impossible for the last 6 months.

Hello Cliff:

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.

Sir, Brownells is our parts distributor, we do not sell parts directly to the public.  Please note that due to the COVID situation, our service center and shipping warehouse were ordered to close by the state of Maryland, and until about a week ago, we were unable to receive any packages, ship any parts, or perform any repairs.  Currently, our shipping warehouse is operating with reduced staffing and hours, but we are trying to get all outstanding part orders shipped as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and thank you for choosing Beretta.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
So here is why getting spare parts through Brownells has been mostly impossible for the last 6 months.

Hello Cliff:

Sir, Brownells is our parts distributor, we do not sell parts directly to the public.  Please note that due to the COVID situation, our service center and shipping warehouse were ordered to close by the state of Maryland, and until about a week ago, we were unable to receive any packages, ship any parts, or perform any repairs.  Currently, our shipping warehouse is operating with reduced staffing and hours, but we are trying to get all outstanding part orders shipped as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and thank you for choosing Beretta.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

View Quote

Guess they should have moved everything to Tennessee.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:54:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#11]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

View All Quotes

Hello Cliff:

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

I had no idea that they weren't completely moved out of Maryland until I got that reply... Anyways, I've been waiting on some parts I've had back ordered through Brownells for the last 6 months now. The wait on back ordered spare parts through Brownells was always slow before, but never this slow.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#12]

I had no idea that they weren't completely moved out of Maryland until I got that reply... Anyways, I've been waiting on some parts I've had back ordered through Brownells for the last 6 months now. The wait on back ordered spare parts through Brownells was always slow before, but never this slow.
View Quote

I believe all their accessories and stuff are warehoused in Fredericksburg VA and that most firearms and parts are made in TN, but that some parts are still made in Maryland.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, my OCD just bought me two more ShootingSight ARX triggers! It turns out that life is too short to live with the Beretta factory ARX triggers...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Anywhere left to get these at the sub $1,000 mark? Everywhere I'm finding is well above $1,000
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#15]
What kind of slings and attachment points are you guys using?
I'm not to crazy about the factory ones.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1888mustang] [#16]
I like Single point sling on arx, easy to transition strong to weak etc... HK style latch, to a loop on the one inch just forward of the stock
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Guess I missed the boat on this one. Hopefully sales pop up in the near future because cheapest I can find one right now is $1,500
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:
Guess I missed the boat on this one. Hopefully sales pop up in the near future because cheapest I can find one right now is $1,500
View Quote

Bud's seems to get them occasionally out of nowhere, and they usually sell them around the $850.00 price range... I'd just keep my fingers crossed and keep watching and waiting for them to show up again.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#19]
Well, my OCD just bought me two more ShootingSight ARX triggers! It turns out that life is too short to live with the Beretta factory ARX triggers...
View Quote

Well crap! My order for two more ShootingSight triggers just got refunded, I guess I'll be in for a bit of a wait on those.

"Greetings,

I apologize, but we will be refunding your recent purchase of the ARX-100 trigger. You will receive another email directly from Paypal with the details.

We recently discovered that we need to re-make one of the parts for better quality control, and are therefore currently out of stock. I have put you on our wait list and I will email you when we have these back in stock. The ETA is uncertain, but hopefully it will be about a month or two.

Thank you for your patience.

Cindy Smith
Customer Service
Shooting Sight LLC"
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Hello Cliff:

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

They just moved manufacturing. Corporate and service are still in MD. If you send in a Beretta product for service, for instance, it still gets sent to Accokeek, not Gallatin.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:
View Quote

Classic Arms had them when I got mine, at the time they were 899, then out of stock, then magically in stock for 999. If you sign up for their ads you will know
when they come in stock but be warned, they send about 1.5 million emails a day to your inbox.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I had some parts backordered at Brownell's for the ARX and they are coming back into stock and shipping.
I also noticed that prices on GB, with bids, are at the level that Beretta would have liked to have seen several years ago.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Uys:
I had some parts backordered at Brownell's for the ARX and they are coming back into stock and shipping.
I also noticed that prices on GB, with bids, are at the level that Beretta would have liked to have seen several years ago.
View Quote

Yep.  I've been looking at them and they're going for around $1,500 now on Gunbroker.  I'm sure as the election gets closer they'll just go up in price unless we get more batches out to drive the price down.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Is There a 4th of July parts sale coming - would love a barrel!
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Yep.  I've been looking at them and they're going for around $1,500 now on Gunbroker.  I'm sure as the election gets closer they'll just go up in price unless we get more batches out to drive the price down.
View All Quotes

Too bad they missed the boat by not marketing the .308, as they could've moved truckloads of them in the current climate.  Snooze = lose.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:Too bad they missed the boat by not marketing the .308, as they could've moved truckloads of them in the current climate.  Snooze = lose.
View Quote

They’re already missing the boat with the ARX100 and could move truckloads of them in the current climate. Asking for the 308 is just asking for them to do more stuff wrong. Besides, judging from their emails, all they care about is clothing and 92 mags.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

That's great news! Hopefully the 4 hexagonal inserts that I've had on back order for 7 months now will ship sometime soon! I also need to order some other spare parts, specifically trigger and hammer pins and springs, and maybe a couple of recoil springs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#28]

That's great news! Hopefully the 4 hexagonal inserts that I've had on back order for 7 months now will ship sometime soon! I also need to order some other spare parts, specifically trigger and hammer pins and springs, and maybe a couple of recoil springs.
View Quote

The recoil spring assembly is one of the items that came back into stock.  I'd have to look into my parts box to see what all the other parts were, but I am glad they came back into stock.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

They’re already missing the boat with the ARX100 and could move truckloads of them in the current climate. Asking for the 308 is just asking for them to do more stuff wrong. Besides, judging from their emails, all they care about is clothing and 92 mags.
View Quote

Only things really wrong with the 100 were timing & lack of product support in the form of caliber kits, the latter being an internal, controllable issue.  Backtracking on a product that's barely out of the gate is a sign of low commitment, which is a choice.

CZ seems to be the polar opposite of Beretta, & thus, it seems my .308 fix will probably be Czech instead of Italian.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
CZ seems to be the polar opposite of Beretta, & thus, it seems my .308 fix will probably be Czech instead of Italian.
View Quote

Yep.  I am admittedly not a big semi-auto guy (just don't find them that much fun to shoot, keep them around more for defensive purposes than anything), but I am going nuts waiting for the Bren 2 BR.  I want that gun more than anything else right now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I’ve been looking for a 2nd one of these for awhile and have noticed prices continually creeping up. I managed to snag a lightly used one on GB for $1000 last night which seemed to be a hell of a deal in the current climate.

I noticed my first one I bought back in April has a jacked up muzzle crown (off center) and have had to wait to send it in. I finally got ahold of Beretta again the other week and they’re having me send it to MGW for some reason. I hope they replace the barrel without too much hassle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:04:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#32]
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WegfNVWQUOY
View Quote

W.......T.......F?
I know these are trying times but George McFly REALLY isn't handling it well!
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#34]
any deals on short barrels? Barretta is out. . . .
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Check Botach (usually overpriced) but they show some in stock.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:14:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#36]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

Its unfortunate that they are the only source at the moment, I am aware of.  

However order at your own risk! It will take them an extreme amount of time to ship your items, I just received an order today that was ordered on March 16th, zero communications despite dozen of call & email attempts.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Botach used to sell the sbr kit with all parts but the sailed receiver, but recently removed the barrel from it. They shipped quickly, but took over 30 days to issue a rma, and after waiting 4 weeks after then having signed for the package I filed a cc dispute.

Sometimes there are deals to be had (and realistically the pile of spare parts is still a deal), but yeah, you have to watch out. I bought a pile of Italian diving knives from them for a song, even all in, I don't have a problem with them at all other than wishing they would answer emails in less than 30 days.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firecop203] [#38]

Its unfortunate that they are the only source at the moment, I am aware of.  

However order at your own risk! It will take them an extreme amount of time to ship your items, I just received an order today that was ordered on March 16th, zero communications despite dozen of call & email attempts.
View Quote

I’ve read that several people have had the same problem. I guess I was lucky when I bought my ARX. It was less than a week to get mine. They did ship without the second magazine that was said to be included on the box. I called them to complain and their response was basically “if it’s not in the box, call Beretta”.

I did and Beretta made good on it and gave me a link to get six more free from a special offer they had running at the time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:
Botach used to sell the sbr kit with all parts but the sailed receiver, but recently removed the barrel from it. They shipped quickly, but took over 30 days to issue a rma, and after waiting 4 weeks after then having signed for the package I filed a cc dispute.

Sometimes there are deals to be had (and realistically the pile of spare parts is still a deal), but yeah, you have to watch out. I bought a pile of Italian diving knives from them for a song, even all in, I don't have a problem with them at all other than wishing they would answer emails in less than 30 days.
View Quote

I noticed that the barrels had been removed their ads too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Just paid off mine from KyGunCo.  Got it for $900.  Got lucky with that one as they are going for about $1,500 now on Gunbroker.  

This is my second one (sold the first).  One thing that I really wish we could get is a Dan Haga adapter to put an ACR stock on it.  With a better stock this gun could be soooooo good!  It's already great in every other department: ergonomics, good accuracy, uber reliable, etc.  The stock that was made for 5'8" Italian men is the only real problem I have with the gun.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#41]
The stock that was made for 5'8" Italian men is the only real problem I have with the gun.
View Quote

I am 5’8”.....it fits me great so your assessment is spot on!  I would like for someone to make a suppressor gas plug for them.  I just got one to try one my SBR ARX.  Now to go out and see how gassy it is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Could be made for 6 foot tall Italians that wear body armor all of the time?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Just paid off mine from KyGunCo.  Got it for $900.  Got lucky with that one as they are going for about $1,500 now on Gunbroker.  

This is my second one (sold the first).  One thing that I really wish we could get is a Dan Haga adapter to put an ACR stock on it.  With a better stock this gun could be soooooo good!  It's already great in every other department: ergonomics, good accuracy, uber reliable, etc.  The stock that was made for 5'8" Italian men is the only real problem I have with the gun.
View Quote

How would you propose to remove the factory stock?  It's not like the hinge pin is just threaded in place with a screw driver.  That thing isn't designed to be removed without a fight, & the hinges are integral to the upper.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Hmm... seems to make sense to cover the port you are not using. Not sure I would pay $35 for it though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#46]
That is interesting and I am glad some people are working on stuff for it.  I prefer to set mine up as left side charge and right side eject so it would not do me a lot of good.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:58:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Terraericthys] [#47]

I made these. They're just Kydex cut with razor blades and drill press, shaped with a sand belt, and then finally fitted with a file. They're honestly a pain to make and probably won't be making more until I can get some kind of automated table top cutting machine. They just take way too much time to make by hand and for every 10 I make I end up tossing out 3 due to being too off tolerances. And eBay takes occasionally takes down the listing for policy violation. They're made from 0.08" Kydex. I've made them thinner before but they were too flimsy. Heat hasn't been an issue. Gas does still leak out but not as much as without the cover and is manageable. If you're not using a suppressor you don't need it but I personally like the looks. The compromise is you'll have to switch the charging handle to the opposite side. I run mine on the right because I'm use to it on AK's but also it keeps everything on the right such as the WML and stock when folded. I prefer this when slipping it into a bag or so it doesn't snag or dig into me when on long hikes. My ARX has had a lot of mods to it. It's all a result of some of the frustrations I had with Beretta giving us a great concept but holding short on things like the grip, magazine compatibility, buttpad, etc. Of course we've all echoed that rant so I digress. But, the Ejection Port Cover was one of those things I really wanted and is something Beretta could have easily delivered on since lots of people were asking for it. If anyone wants one here I'll sell it shipped for $30, just message me. Again, they're covers, not seals and are made one by one and vary in dimensions but they all work. It's an addition to the almost non-existent ARX accessories market. My ARX is nearly where I want it to be, this is just the latest piece. All that's left for me is a Form 1 I'm delayed on, which is a whole other rant.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#48]
OSS Helix mitigates all gas from going out of the huge double-sided ejection ports
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:50:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#49]
Some MS Paint magic and I think the gun would look so much better

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 1888mustang:
OSS Helix mitigates all gas from going out of the huge double-sided ejection ports
https://i.imgur.com/Cbocl6e.jpg
View Quote

I have a 7.62 Helix in jail right now.  If the Black Friday sales are good I will probably order a second one.  I think they will work well on rifles like the ARX and AUG.  I am glad to see you have had a good experience with them so far.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top