BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 6:00:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Curious that a simple, straightforward question is not getting a reply...?
View Quote
They simply may not want to make a comment at this time.  If they are going to discontinue, maybe they have a specific timeline in mind and won’t say until that happens.

Not sure why it really matters whether they discontinue or not.  They are out there and are dirt cheap, so anyone who wants one doesn’t really have an excuse to not get one now.  If the worry is about spare parts, just add this one to the long list of other guns that have been discontinued and no longer is supported.  I’m not sure there was an abundance of spare parts out there for the ARX anyway.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 6:06:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#2]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

They simply may not want to make a comment at this time.  If they are going to discontinue, maybe they have a specific timeline in mind and won’t say until that happens.

Not sure why it really matters whether they discontinue or not.  They are out there and are dirt cheap, so anyone who wants one doesn’t really have an excuse to not get one now.  If the worry is about spare parts, just add this one to the long list of other guns that have been discontinued and no longer is supported.  I’m not sure there was an abundance of spare parts out there for the ARX anyway.
View Quote
Brownells carries a lot of ARX spare parts. You could also buy the SBR kit from Botach and sell off the barrel for around $500 and have a complete spare parts kit for $350. Or buy a complete second rifle- two is one and all that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
This a reminder of the time I purchased an Armalite AR-180B. Would find out some time later that Armalite would cease production and support.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By misc:
This a reminder of the time I purchased an Armalite AR-180B. Would find out some time later that Armalite would cease production and support.
View Quote
And I regret not buying one of those for $500 when I had the chance.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

View Quote
I think they're having so many issues with the new factory that there is no specific "this is discontinued" so much as they're still trying to make standard items. They probably have a good stock of ARX's, I think they marked them down to ship out rather than move them.

Now, once they're all set in Tenn, they may look at the model and say it's not worth restarting, or they may look at it for some updating and return to old price, or they may figure out that it sells well sub-$1000 and start advertising them again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By misc:
I remember having to send it in when one of the 2 tac welds that kept the optics plate in place came loose. Armalite was quick to replace. Not a good design.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The extended charging handle is back in stock at Beretta for those that were looking for it:
Charging handle extension

Does anyone know if this works on the 22lr version too? The listing says it fits the ARX160, but it's not clear whether that's the 22lr version or the 5.56 military model. My ARX100 is still sitting at my FFL, so I don't have both in hand to compare for myself.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I called Beretta yesterday about a problem with a magazine with another Beretta I have. While I had the guy on the phone, I asked about the ARX and the short barrels. He said he didn’t have any information on either.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Zookeeper2280:
The extended charging handle is back in stock at Beretta for those that were looking for it:
Charging handle extension

Does anyone know if this works on the 22lr version too? The listing says it fits the ARX160, but it's not clear whether that's the 22lr version or the 5.56 military model. My ARX100 is still sitting at my FFL, so I don't have both in hand to compare for myself.
View Quote
The 5.56 is the -100, and the .22 is the -160, so...
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

View Quote
Only in the US. Elsewhere the -160 is the selective fire model.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
View All Quotes

This... I'm not sure which -160 the listing is referring to. Since it's Beretta USA's website, I'm thinking it's the 22lr version. I went ahead and ordered two, so I'll find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#12]
This... I'm not sure which -160 the listing is referring to. Since it's Beretta USA's website, I'm thinking it's the 22lr version. I went ahead and ordered two, so I'll find out soon enough.
View All Quotes

If they say -160 and they're selling to the general public, you can safely assume they're referring to the .22LR model. Exception would be if you're buying and importing from an Italian shop; some of them have legit FA -160 accessories and they're listed as such. I guess the Italian military buys some of their shit at the Italian version of Academy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:44:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gfegfeagfdfw] [#13]
Mine started double feeding/short cycling/failure to eject after about 200 rounds...different mag did not help.
no failure in first 200 rounds, then it's like 5 failure in on a mag...

The Enlarged Cocking Handle flew off once... So far I haven't been able to get a consistent group at 25yrds with ARMA target 25 YARD ADJUSTED ZERO TARGET FOR 100 YARD ZERO using 5.56mm ammunition
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 2:48:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#14]
Mine still hasn't had its first malfunction and it just crossed the 1 year mark.

Looks like steelcase... do you have the same issues with brass?

Did you get anything hung up in the gas block adjuster and it's not fully seated in one position or the other?
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
Mine still hasn't had its first malfunction and it just crossed the 1 year mark.

Did you get anything hung up in the gas block adjuster and it's not fully seated in one position or the other?
View Quote
Yep, it looks like steel case to me too. He probably just needs to switch to the "N" (weak ammo) setting on the gas valve.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#16]
That crappy under powered steel case ammo is why so many new guns either come over gassed or have an over gassed setting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine cycles tulammo fine on N gas setting with the 16” barrel. Won’t cycle at all with the factory 10.5” barrel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gfegfeagfdfw] [#18]

View Quote
Yeah WOLF HP ammo. I will try adjusting the gas block. With the same ammo I had 100+ rounds without a malfunction before it quit working.
I didn't run into a malfunction with brass, but I haven't gone through a full mag of brass.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got mine today!

I have no idea why there so much complaining about the trigger.
Mine's a crisp 2 stage straight out of the box.

Serial is 11k+ if that means anything.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BarrettBoy:
Just got mine today!

View Quote
That's odd... They have all been very heavy single stage triggers up to this point.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

That's odd... They have all been very heavy single stage triggers up to this point.
View Quote
Strange.
Yeah this one is most certainly a 2 stage.
It's no geissele, but it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#22]
My God that is awful looking.
I thought the SCAR was bad (which I've warmed up to recently) but the ARX 100 is just too fugly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 1:02:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Just got mine today!

View Quote
Dafuq?

Does it feel like it has some kind of rubberized anti-friction coating on the trigger? Did you get it secondhand? Only two stage trigger I’m aware of is ShootingSight’s, and that’s not available from the factory.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Dafuq?

Does it feel like it has some kind of rubberized anti-friction coating on the trigger? Did you get it secondhand? Only two stage trigger I’m aware of is ShootingSight’s, and that’s not available from the factory.
View Quote
I bought it new.
It's not a clean stage transition but it's definitely there. Can't be more than 5lb total.
I hope it's not just because of stacking tolerances...

I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but dry firing and function checking everything seems good.

Is there an easy way to post a video to show you guys?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#25]

I bought it new.
It's not a clean stage transition but it's definitely there. Can't be more than 5lb total.

I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but dry firing and function checking everything seems good.

View Quote
I'm just tossing this out there...does it still say Accokeek, MD?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 4:51:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#27]

I bought it new.

View Quote
Does it look like the trigger seen here. > Link.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes
View All Quotes

Yes
So what does this denote?
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 5:39:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BarrettBoy] [#29]

quick video of the trigger

edit: why won't the video imbed?
https://youtu.be/ZOGoQ53U2x4
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I figure I might pick one up  - Who has the best prices on ARX100?

The best I can find is the local Academy's still have a few in stock for $849 - Gunbroker is mostly higher than that, even for used.

I would prefer the FDE one, but can fix that myself later.  Its just something I've been wanting to collect - regret not getting an AR70 when they were "pricey" at $800 way back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#32]
I fiddled with my trigger yesterday. It does have a vaguely two stage feel. I do prefer it over a mil-spec AR trigger.

My lower pic rail and extended charging handle came in yesterday as well. The charging handle makes it feel like a completely different rifle.

I'm a little shocked that more people aren't flocking to this rifle due to the features and the price point.

If it only had a bayonet lug though...
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#33]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I fiddled with my trigger yesterday. It does have a vaguely two stage feel. I do prefer it over a mil-spec AR trigger.

My lower pic rail and extended charging handle came in yesterday as well. The charging handle makes it feel like a completely different rifle.

I'm a little shocked that more people aren't flocking to this rifle due to the features and the price point.

If it only had a bayonet lug though...
View Quote
I wish we could get the 12.9" military barrel as an SBR option, complete with the bayonet lug and ARX-160 flash hider. That would be sweet.

Only problem is the Italians using Extrema Fulcrums for bayonets though. That would quickly add expense to a clone job. Only Italians would have $400 bayonets.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#34]

I wish we could get the 12.9" military barrel as an SBR option, complete with the bayonet lug and ARX-160 flash hider. That would be sweet.

Only problem is the Italians using Extrema Fulcrums for bayonets though. That would quickly add expense to a clone job. Only Italians would have $400 bayonets.
View Quote
The 12" bbl was the A1 gen SBR variant.  The A2/3 is 10.5" to go with the shorter forearm.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 4:20:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#35]
The 12" bbl was the A1 gen SBR variant.  The A2/3 is 10.5" to go with the shorter forearm.
View All Quotes

Speaking of which, I shelved getting a factory SBR ARX-100 in favor of getting an MPX with binary trigger before the libs target binary triggers for banning next, now that bump stocks are going down. Wanted a faux-SMG for forever and the time came to tick that box. Except my business had an amazing week last week and my profit after business and personal expenses from it basically paid for the MPX outright, so now all of a sudden I'm thinking about the SBR ARX again.

I've never delved into 5.56 platforms shorter than 14.5" before, but I know losing that much length would wreak havoc on my M855 stockpile's effectiveness. What are good anti-personnel rounds to load up on for that short of a barrel?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Speaking of which, I shelved getting a factory SBR ARX-100 in favor of getting an MPX with binary trigger before the libs target binary triggers for banning next, now that bump stocks are going down. Wanted a faux-SMG for forever and the time came to tick that box. Except my business had an amazing week last week and my profit after business and personal expenses from it basically paid for the MPX outright, so now all of a sudden I'm thinking about the SBR ARX again.

I've never delved into 5.56 platforms shorter than 14.5" before, but I know losing that much length would wreak havoc on my M855 stockpile's effectiveness. What are good anti-personnel rounds to load up on for that short of a barrel?
View Quote
Without going too far off topic, check out this thread. https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Suppressed-5-56-SBR-Velocity-Tests-41-Factory-Loads-from-10-5-11-5-12-5-and-14-5-ALL-DONE-/16-714088/
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 7:14:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#37]
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By gfegfeagfdfw:

Yeah WOLF HP ammo. I will try adjusting the gas block. With the same ammo I had 100+ rounds without a malfunction before it quit working.
I didn't run into a malfunction with brass, but I haven't gone through a full mag of brass.
View Quote
Tried again with gas block on S. Now zero malfunction with wolf WPA HP
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Went to the range and shot mine for the first time with  Perfecta 55gr. brass ammo. Made in Italy and distributed by Tula. Bought at Walmart. Wind was blowing at least 25-30 mph. Zeroed at 25 yards with a cheap 1.5 to 4 scope. I'm keeping it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
I picked up a factory SBR ARX 100 earlier this week from Botach. To give them credit, they responded the next day asking for my dealer's SOT. Now to see if they follow through...
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 7:18:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firecop203] [#41]

View Quote
I bought mine for $400.00. I ordered a scope mount from Armalite and two boxes arrived. It was a scope mount AND a Bushnell red dot scope. Shipping label and CC only listed the mount in the charges. I called and asked if there had been a mistake and they said no, but no explanation why both were sent.
I didn’t argue the point.

I’m on the fence about ordering an SBR kit. On one hand I want an ARX SBR, on the other, I don’t want to go through the extra fees and hoops for the ATF registration.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 2:16:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

I bought mine for $400.00. I ordered a scope mount from Armalite and two boxes arrived. It was a scope mount AND a Bushnell red dot scope. Shipping label and CC only listed the mount in the charges. I called and asked if there had been a mistake and they said no, but no explanation why both were sent.
I didn’t argue the point.

I’m on the fence about ordering an SBR kit. On one hand I want an ARX SBR, on the other, I don’t want to go through the extra fees and hoops for the ATF registration.
View Quote
How bad do you want it?

This rifle's uniqueness in the AR-Barbie doll world is one of the reasons I'm drawn to it.  The feature set is the other.  Just bought some LPA MAS/7-MAS BUIS to further up the ante.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I contacted Beretta about another matter and inquired about the status of the ARX100.  FWIW, the customer service rep said that the ARX100 is discontinued but that Beretta will continue to support it with parts.  Time will tell since they haven't shown much support for the last few years.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Figured as much when there isn't one at the NrA show.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:32:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#45]
Originally Posted By Lowflight:
I contacted Beretta about another matter and inquired about the status of the ARX100.  FWIW, the customer service rep said that the ARX100 is discontinued but that Beretta will continue to support it with parts.  Time will tell since they haven't shown much support for the last few years.
View Quote
Well, that sucks.

What 3rd gen rifle will we turn to now? After being spoiled by the features of the ARX anything else just leaves me with a "meh" type of feeling.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Well, that sucks.

What 3rd gen rifle will we turn to now? After being spoiled by the features of the ARX anything else just leaves me with a "meh" type of feeling.
View Quote
The problem isn't that there are no other rifles that do what the ARX does- it's that there are no other rifles that do what the ARX does at that price point.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#47]

The problem isn't that there are no other rifles that do what the ARX does- it's that there are no other rifles that do what the ARX does at that price point.
View Quote
There are other (usually heavier) rifles that have some of the features of the ARX but I can't think of even one rifle that has all of the features of the ARX.

I'm just happy that I have one, even though for the price that I paid it could have been two.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#48]
While some if us may have been expecting it. It's best to get independent verification. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#49]
If the rep was correct that is disapointing. Was really hoping for a 6.8SPC or 300 Blkout kit..

Well, that sucks.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#50]
That's pretty wild and you seem to have a different trigger then the rest of us. Have you talked to Beretta about it?

Why would there be a design change to the trigger function if they are eliminating the model?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOGoQ53U2x4
quick video of the trigger

edit: why won't the video imbed?
https://youtu.be/ZOGoQ53U2x4
View Quote
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top