Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By misc:
Thanks. Like his reviews but that's surprisingly long.
View Quote
It's a little long but it did not exceed my attention span.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's discontinued. Getting the SBR approved of course. Anyone think that ordering the SBR kit would be a good idea?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's discontinued. Getting the SBR approved of course. Anyone think that ordering the SBR kit would be a good idea?
View Quote
I would.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:36:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
I would.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
I would.
I SBR'ed mine ASAP.  With the stocked folded, the ARX close to pistol sized.  Compared side by side, it's roughly the same size as the CZ EVO.  The bbl is also a heavy profile under the HG.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm friends with the owner of the TailHook arm brace. He and I have been nagging Beretta for going on 2 years now to take a ARX-200 from Italy, add a short barrel (which they have over there), remove the buttstock, and import it to the US as a pistol.

My buddy would then add the armbrace, and you would have an instant SBR with no tax stamp and no 922R requirements, because it is a pistol, and that *isn't* a stock ....

Seems like an instant success. They would beat the MDR and the Tavor into the market for a short .308, they would not have to encumber their TN production facility or invest money in molds, Italy gets more sales.

Unfortunately, we have only been able to contact one salesperson, who didn't care, and we could only contact them at SHOT or the NRA show, because none of them ever answer their phone, and that one sales person has since been let go. Indeed when I got pig headed one day and spent 3 hours insisting that I'm going to hang on till I talk to a live person, I was told that 'most' of the sales staff have been let go.

Reality is that the entire gun industry has declining sales since Trump got elected, and Beretta lost the M92 contract, and they are sucking getting their TN production facility on line ... so I think the notion of support for small projects is a non-starter. I'll give it one last try at SHOT next week, but I'm not holding high hopes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
For sure. If you can stand the wait. Botach has them for about $900
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Tried removing the side rails for the first time today... one of the four screws wasn't broached deep enough and stripped almost instantly with minimal pressure. Sigh.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 5:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ShootingSight:
I'm friends with the owner of the TailHook arm brace. He and I have been nagging Beretta for going on 2 years now to take a ARX-200 from Italy, add a short barrel (which they have over there), remove the buttstock, and import it to the US as a pistol.

My buddy would then add the armbrace, and you would have an instant SBR with no tax stamp and no 922R requirements, because it is a pistol, and that *isn't* a stock ....

Seems like an instant success. They would beat the MDR and the Tavor into the market for a short .308, they would not have to encumber their TN production facility or invest money in molds, Italy gets more sales.

Unfortunately, we have only been able to contact one salesperson, who didn't care, and we could only contact them at SHOT or the NRA show, because none of them ever answer their phone, and that one sales person has since been let go. Indeed when I got pig headed one day and spent 3 hours insisting that I'm going to hang on till I talk to a live person, I was told that 'most' of the sales staff have been let go.

Reality is that the entire gun industry has declining sales since Trump got elected, and Beretta lost the M92 contract, and they are sucking getting their TN production facility on line ... so I think the notion of support for small projects is a non-starter. I'll give it one last try at SHOT next week, but I'm not holding high hopes.
View Quote
Bless your little heart.  I've been jonesing for the -200 since it 1st came to light.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:28:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#9]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Bless your little heart.  I've been jonesing for the -200 since it 1st came to light.
View All Quotes

Isn't the ARX-200 nearly two pounds heavier than a SCAR 17S?

Although, it could be half the price.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 2:24:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#10]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

View All Quotes

0.9# heavier, going by the stats.  For the extra heft, I'd hope it has a stiffer receiver that doesn't munch optics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#11]

1.4# heavier, going by the stats.  For the extra heft, I'd hope it has a stiffer receiver that doesn't munch optics.
View Quote
I'll tell you though, if they came in a grand less than a SCAR, they might sell pretty darn well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 2:05:20 AM EDT
[#12]

I'll tell you though, if they came in a grand less than a SCAR, they might sell pretty darn well.
View Quote
I'm waiting.  All they have to do is say "when", & it's on.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:08:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#13]
1.4# heavier, going by the stats.  For the extra heft, I'd hope it has a stiffer receiver that doesn't munch optics.
View All Quotes

IIRC SCAR optic munching is more a factor of the particulars of its piston system than receiver stiffness. It somehow puts an inordinately large amount of force on the rails under operation compared to an AR10 or M14 system, which most quality optics can take a battering from without issue.

I've no idea how the ARX-200's system works, but if it's similar to the ARX-100's piston, it'll probably be pretty gentle.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#14]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

IIRC SCAR optic munching is more a factor of the particulars of its piston system than receiver stiffness. It somehow puts an inordinately large amount of force on the rails under operation compared to an AR10 or M14 system, which most quality optics can take a battering from without issue.

I've no idea how the ARX-200's system works, but if it's similar to the ARX-100's piston, it'll probably be pretty gentle.
View Quote
Personal opinion here, but I suspect that being an extrusion, the upper is more prone to flex than it would be if it were milled from a chunk of forged billet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Personal opinion here, but I suspect that being an extrusion, the upper is more prone to flex than it would be if it were milled from of a chunk of forged billet.
View All Quotes

Personal opinion here, but I suspect that being an extrusion, the upper is more prone to flex than it would be if it were milled from of a chunk of forged billet.
That would make sense. Only parroting what I've been told; I'm not very knowledgeable about the SCAR platform.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:52:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#16]
In the first part of > this video < from Chris Bartocci there is some stuff about the ARX-200, but sadly nothing about a commercial release.

I haven't heard any new info about the ARX-100 either.

Looks like Shot Show 2018 is a bust.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:19:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#17]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
In the first part of > this video < from Chris Bartocci there is some stuff about the ARX-200, but sadly nothing about a commercial release.

I haven't heard any new info about the ARX-100 either.

Looks like Shot Show 2018 is a bust.
View Quote
Yeah, if it was a factor, the move to TN didn't help, either.  A pistol import would be a no-brainer, & then form 1 the stocks when they become available.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I fondled one today at Academy. Are these a buy at $879?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MiG-21:
Yes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MiG-21:
Yes.
Apparently some locations have them at 799, waiting for mine to drop to that before I buy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Is the 300 Blackout barrel available yet?

I’m seriously considering buying the ARX100 and a 300 barrel would seal the deal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Is Beretta still offering the magazine rebate deal with the purchase of new rifles?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:12:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#23]
That would make sense. Only parroting what I've been told; I'm not very knowledgeable about the SCAR platform.
View All Quotes

I just realized that Beretta lists the -200 @ 8.5#, which is less than I originally read on another 3rd party site.  While that's good, the description by Chris Bartocci in the posted vid, that bbl removal requires an armorer tool, is a big negative.  Frankly, if that's true, then the Tavor 7, which is out this yr - & it's bbl removable at the user level - represents a very viable alternative.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]
You have to be practical about it. If Beretta is going to kill ARX100 then there is no reason to get excited about the 200. Half assing is not an encouraging business model.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 556therapy:
Is the 300 Blackout barrel available yet?

I’m seriously considering buying the ARX100 and a 300 barrel would seal the deal.
View Quote
No, from all appearances the rifle is now a dead platform unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Do you know if this is a certainty sir? Any details or time frame if you think it will be discontinued?
Or do you believe it will be like the storm where is continued to be made but not evolved and supported
with accessories?

Originally Posted By sgwlower:

No, from all appearances the rifle is now a dead platform unfortunately.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#27]
On a side note, I saw the ARX-160 in a video game yesterday. "Black Squad" on Steam. Completely unrelated to anything in the real world, but hey. There it is.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KnightofTheOldeCode:
Do you know if this is a certainty sir? Any details or time frame if you think it will be discontinued?
Or do you believe it will be like the storm where is continued to be made but not evolved and supported
with accessories?
View Quote
I am just going by what I have heard, here, the Beretta forums, and unfortunately from the local rep who a month ago said it was still going, told my LGS last week that it would be quite sometime before anything is done on the rifle. That and the fact nothing was mentioned about the rifle at Shot, looking through the videos I didn't even see that Beretta had brought one to shot show to show off. The only thing there was the Ar160, and the 200 select fire for the LE community.

So yeah, they made the investment in the tooling for the barrels, but my gut feeling is it will wind up like the storm, or worse.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#29]
with accessories?
View Quote
The Tennessee factory is way behind setup, so the ARX100 is just not important at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
That powered rail again. I would buy the shit out of that. Especially now that they dumped shitty 123s and went to AAs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:05:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#32]

That powered rail again. I would buy the shit out of that. Especially now that they dumped shitty 123s and went to AAs.
View Quote
Last quote I heard from a Beretta rep put an ARX-equipped sample at ~$3K.  Yeah, no.

The push for that tech seems to have dwindled.  Last thing I heard it being called for was in some solicitation for a sniper weapon system, which was cancelled, of course.  The promise of reducing weight was never realized, either.  There's also not many compatible accessories for it ATM, being so bleeding edge at this point, if it's even in the R&D pipeline anymore.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Last quote I heard from a Beretta rep put an ARX-equipped sample at ~$3K.  Yeah, no.

The push for that tech seems to have dwindled.  Last thing I heard it being called for was in some solicitation for a sniper weapon system, which was cancelled, of course.  The promise of reducing weight was never realized, either.  There's also not many compatible accessories for it ATM, being so bleeding edge at this point, if it's even in the R&D pipeline anymore.
View All Quotes

Yep, I know. If this was the electronics industry that would have been a "well, duh" development and have already been done around 2006 or so. Then all the competitors would've upped the ante in 2008. 2010 we'd have power pic rails standard, all compatible attachments, and redundant battery compartments built into the stocks of most rifles.

Alas it's the gun industry and we're busy moving backwards to attachment methods that need finnicky cams instead of adding powered rails to the good ones that already exist.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Yep, I know. If this was the electronics industry that would have been a "well, duh" development and have already been done around 2006 or so. Then all the competitors would've upped the ante in 2008. 2010 we'd have power pic rails standard, all compatible attachments, and redundant battery compartments built into the stocks of most rifles.

Alas it's the gun industry and we're busy moving backwards to attachment methods that need finnicky cams instead of adding powered rails to the good ones that already exist.

Oh well.
View Quote
Actually I would imagine the ideal system would be something like the Kinetic Development Group's Kinect M-Lok attachment system. But add on power and data feeds as part of the connector. No reason to go backwards to thick, unergonomic rails that add needless weight.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#35]
My problem, you take this to a dusty environment, the contacts get fouled and you have no power.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#36]
My problem, you take this to a dusty environment, the contacts get fouled and you have no power.
View Quote
As long as you’re not taking shit off the gun it won’t matter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#37]
for those of you running a 1-4x or 1-6x scope what mount or rings would be the best to use to get it closest to the rail. Thank you
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Copy that. Thanks for your answer sir.

So no hope of 300 Blackout, 6.8 SPC kits huh? ;(

I am just going by what I have heard, here, the Beretta forums, and unfortunately from the local rep who a month ago said it was still going, told my LGS last week that it would be quite sometime before anything is done on the rifle. That and the fact nothing was mentioned about the rifle at Shot, looking through the videos I didn't even see that Beretta had brought one to shot show to show off. The only thing there was the Ar160, and the 200 select fire for the LE community.

So yeah, they made the investment in the tooling for the barrels, but my gut feeling is it will wind up like the storm, or worse.
View All Quotes
with accessories?

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#39]
What lights are you liking and work well with the ARX?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 4:05:31 AM EDT
[#40]
What lights are you liking and work well with the ARX?
View Quote
Streamlight protac 1 on mine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:17:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VSelph] [#41]
I've been out of the loop a bit on the firearms world.  When I finally got hired on at our local Sheriff's Department my interests shifted more to the gear I'd be wearing everyday than guns that I only get to shoot once a year if that.

That said, I was in Academy last night and about had a heart attack when I saw an ARX-100 on the shelf for $849. I vividly recall handling an ARX when they first came out and the street price then was something like $1500 or more. It's one of the few modern rifles that I don't own and has been on my "want" list for a few years.  After confirming that the price was correct with management I broke out my wallet and dragged it home.

Then I found out that the Beretta webstore was selling their STANAG steel mags for 18.49 before the 25% president's day rebate and I ordered 10 of those to go along with my rifle. I'm a serious fan of the magazine that came with the gun because it reminds me a lot of the old European steel STANAG magazines that came with my SCAR.  It just feels more durable in the hand than the aluminum surplus mags our department hands out like candy with the old A1 rifles we got from the Army. If they run well in the M16 I plan on returning the 5 freebies I was given and replacing them with Beretta magazines.

My rifle came with the lower rail adapter in the rifle bag. I opted to purchase the floor model simply because the other ones Academy had didn't have the rail adapter with them which was one of my major complaints about the gun when it first came out.

My only other complaint is the sights. They feel and look cheap. But for a collector's item it's not a big deal.

I'm a little disappointed that the gun is being discontinued and I'm considering buying one of the SBR kits that Botach has for a supply of spare parts. Of course, I'll either file a Form 1 or have a long flash hider pinned on the 10" for compliance.

What vertical grips are you guys using on your rifles? I don't like the look of the knights or ARMS grips I've tried on it so far because they stick way too far down past the rear grip and magazine. And is there any locktite on the flash hider? I can't seem to get it off with my AR wrench.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Sucks that they may be discontinuing the ARX 100.
I actually like shooting it more than my AUG and DDM4V7.
Maybe I should buy another at Academy as a spare.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By VSelph:
And is there any locktite on the flash hider? I can't seem to get it off with my AR wrench.
View Quote
No loctite. Also, make sure that you remove the barrel from the receiver and clamp it in a vise with a set of barrel vise blocks. Trying to remove the flash suppressor with the barrel still in the receiver could damage the barrel indexing tabs in the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whopete89] [#44]
I know I’m retarded but how the hell do you install the lower picatinny rail.

Nvm figured it out
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:21:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By nsl:
Sucks that they may be discontinuing the ARX 100.
I actually like shooting it more than my AUG and DDM4V7.
Maybe I should buy another at Academy as a spare.
View Quote
There has been no official statement from Beretta USA regarding line discontinuation.  Hearsay is not proof of fact.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#46]
People said the ACR was a dead platform and was being discontinued every year for many years. Still going strong. Still not much factory support but the aftermarket is picking up the slack.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, I bought one. This is all your fault.

I do like it so far though. Except those sights. Those are garbage.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, I bought one. This is all your fault.

I do like it so far though. Except those sights. Those are garbage.
View Quote
The military ARX's LPA sights are actually pretty cool. Shame Beretta doesn't ship those as standard instead of the crappy polymer BUIS.

Front Sight - LPA T-MAS7
Rear Sight - LPA MAS7
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#49]

The military ARX's LPA sights are actually pretty cool. Shame Beretta doesn't ship those as standard instead of the crappy polymer BUIS.

Front Sight - LPA T-MAS7
Rear Sight - LPA MAS7
View Quote
Holy crap those are expensive, but I guess if you want the real deal...

Right now I'm happy with my $50 secondhand pair of Scorpion Evo iron sights.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JAG2955] [#50]
Are those sights still sky high?

I had an old PA micro dot with a low mount lying around. I put that on for the time being. The height is great for me, though it is a bit sloppy on the rail.

This rifle is pretty neat from an engineering standpoint. The extractors act as ejectors, depending which side you want it ejecting out.

With the barrel removed moved and the stock folded, it doesn't take up much space, and it would be great for a traveling low profile rifle. It would easily fit in a backpack in that configuration.

My trigger isn't too bad, but I will buy the charging handle extension. I don't have much need for a full pic bottom rail, but I'd probably buy that at the same time. It needs a better safety, IMHO.

Kinda hoping those Botach kits go down in price for a future SBR project.

ETA:  If you are on the fence about this rifle, it is a stupidly easy buy at $879.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top