Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up one for $799 yesterday at Academy at around 3pm.  They had 5 left. I had to show they guy behind the counter the rifle in the sales flyer, as he had no clue which one I was talking about.  I guess they were not a hot seller.
I first saw the ARX at the NRA convention when it was in Houston a few years ago and thought it was a great rifle.  Then they started to hit the shelves and the $1500 and up price tag turned me off. But for $799 I just couldn't pass it up, even though I really don't need another rifle.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

I know what you are saying.
When I worked in a gun shop in the 80s, The majority of folks that worked and customer base also scoffed at "Cheap" Plastic AR15s.  I was a young AR enthusiast and they tried their best at explaining how guns like the m14 or Garand were far superior and more accurate and not waste time on toy guns.  ARs can indeed be accurate, and durable.  Like anything new, it needs to earn credibility before people trust it.  This thread is helpful to those looking at it as a new platform.
View Quote
It's been in combat service since 2008.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

I know what you are saying.
When I worked in a gun shop in the 80s, The majority of folks that worked and customer base also scoffed at "Cheap" Plastic AR15s.  I was a young AR enthusiast and they tried their best at explaining how guns like the m14 or Garand were far superior and more accurate and not waste time on toy guns.  ARs can indeed be accurate, and durable.  Like anything new, it needs to earn credibility before people trust it.  This thread is helpful to those looking at it as a new platform.
Yep... it's been in service a tad longer than the SCAR. Not quite while I'd consider unproven. It being available on the civilian market is the only thing relatively new about it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I know I mentioned it a few pages back, still looking for the ARX 160 muzzle device.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone else seen this pic, the grip now resembles that of the APX pistol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37149/533AF3BB-EF70-460D-978A-36E10D50B2DD-373929.JPG
View Quote
I believe that is actually the original version of the rifle. Note the longer handguard as well. Ours in the a2 version.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
They need to get the TN plant running & start cranking out the ARX-200 (with MLOK rail format).  Dammit!
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:56:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#8]
The designated ARX160 model is the original military sbr/carbine. The ARX100 is the civilian variant. The stock assembly on the military 160 has a different aesthetic design that of the civi 100. As mentioned above, the grips are different as well.

The civi ARX160 (22lr) comes with the identical stock of the military ARX160.

All airsoft ARX100 rifles come with a military ARX160 type stock.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:
Shot a match in the cold Friday night... The metal parts on my AR were like holding ice. The plastic parts were not so bad. I was shooting with my SKD Alpha Touch gloves. Not very wintry, but the best dexterity for shooting. An ARX would have been more comfortable to hold.
View Quote
Interesting.  When I developed the trigger for the ARX I was initially after a coating to make it black when I tested having it rubber dipped.  When I got the samples, what I actually liked best was the thermal insulation of the rubber, so the trigger didn't feel cold (or hot, if you left it in the sun), so I started making them that way, and even applied for a patent on the process.  However it never really got a following.  I didn't have many complaints, but no one raved about it.  I guess people don't shoot in the cold often enough to feel strongly about it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ShootingSight:

Interesting.  When I developed the trigger for the ARX I was initially after a coating to make it black when I tested having it rubber dipped.  When I got the samples, what I actually liked best was the thermal insulation of the rubber, so the trigger didn't feel cold (or hot, if you left it in the sun), so I started making them that way, and even applied for a patent on the process.  However it never really got a following.  I didn't have many complaints, but no one raved about it.  I guess people don't shoot in the cold often enough to feel strongly about it.
View Quote
Art, I love the rubber coating. The feedback it puts to my trigger finger is wonderful! And I shoot in the cold, and agree its nice to not have an ice cold trigger.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:40:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#11]
I know I mentioned it a few pages back, still looking for the ARX 160 muzzle device.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37149/91E01E38-E178-4A7F-86DD-4550BFE2B375-373927.JPG
View All Quotes
I know I mentioned it a few pages back, still looking for the ARX 160 muzzle device.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37149/91E01E38-E178-4A7F-86DD-4550BFE2B375-373927.JPG
If you ever find one, let me know too.

If people shot it more in the damp and cold and less in an imaginary home defense/zombie invasion scenario, I'm sure that trigger coating would be a lot more popular.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Warspite:
I picked up one for $799 yesterday at Academy at around 3pm.  They had 5 left. I had to show they guy behind the counter the rifle in the sales flyer, as he had no clue which one I was talking about.  I guess they were not a hot seller.
I first saw the ARX at the NRA convention when it was in Houston a few years ago and thought it was a great rifle.  Then they started to hit the shelves and the $1500 and up price tag turned me off. But for $799 I just couldn't pass it up, even though I really don't need another rifle.
View Quote
What Academy location? Did they have FDE and Black? Any idea how long the sale is running? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
I believe that is actually the original version of the rifle. Note the longer handguard as well. Ours is the a2 version.
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37149/533AF3BB-EF70-460D-978A-36E10D50B2DD-373929.JPG
I believe that is actually the original version of the rifle. Note the longer handguard as well. Ours is the a2 version.
Correct on that being the original/A1 version of the ARX. However, the ARX-100 is based on the A3 model with it's shorter handguard... The A2 model has the same longer handguard length as the A1.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By E4W:

What Academy location? Did they have FDE and Black? Any idea how long the sale is running? Thanks
View Quote
There were two black ARXs for $799 on Sunday mid day at Academy in douglasville, GA.  I think the sale ended Sunday night
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Art, I love the rubber coating. The feedback it puts to my trigger finger is wonderful! And I shoot in the cold, and agree its nice to not have an ice cold trigger.
View Quote
Thanks for the feedback.  Cost of the rubber coating is not huge, but it adds 3-4 weeks to the production cycle for a batch, as I have to send them out and .... wait.  If I see interest is high in something, I'll start a batch earlier, but with the ARX, I could not tell how popular it was going to be, so I ran out before the new batch was done.  Waiting those last 4 weeks was slow.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the feedback.  Cost of the rubber coating is not huge, but it adds 3-4 weeks to the production cycle for a batch, as I have to send them out and .... wait.  If I see interest is high in something, I'll start a batch earlier, but with the ARX, I could not tell how popular it was going to be, so I ran out before the new batch was done.  Waiting those last 4 weeks was slow.
View All Quotes

It probably didn't help that you ran out right before that Botach $850 ARX blowout started. I think everybody halfway interested in a nice trigger was out checking options at that point and there was Shooting Sight after a Google search.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 10:45:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#17]
Earlier in the thread we talked about the Trijicon TA26 with the low or medium mount being perfect for the ARX. I noticed there is one for sale on tacswap. Which is a pretty cool site, I must admit.

EDIT: Hey, check this out. ARX news on TFB: Beretta Dominates Turmen Armed Forces Inventory
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 5:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firecop203] [#18]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37149/533AF3BB-EF70-460D-978A-36E10D50B2DD-373929.JPG

AK style mag release???
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 5:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Conqueror] [#19]
Just got my Shooting Sight trigger installed. I have to say I'm kind of disappointed. Is it a big improvement on the stock trigger? Certainly, so I'll be keeping it. But for a Geissele-like price it is not even close to a Geissele trigger, of which I own several. The rubber coating is a bit weird, there's probably a reason literally no one else is doing this, but I can live with it. What bummed me out is that the second stage has substantial creep and some grit as well. The weight is on the high side for such a trigger, I'd say it's at least a pound or two heavier than a Geissele SSA, and nowhere near as clean a break. If Geissele ever released an SSA for the ARX I would immediately buy one and swap this out. I'll keep it since there's no other aftermarket option but I had A-/B+ hopes and I'd give it a B-/C+ (and the stock trigger a D-).

Also: while I had the safety out, I cut a coil off the detent spring. The safety is now far easier to use (but still safely firm). I probably could have cut another coil off safely. Would highly recommend this to others who install the Shooting Sight trigger.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I would call shooting sight bud, that is not near the experience that every one else has had with the SS triggers. Almost sounds like you have something lined up wrong. Which would be easy to do with how complex the trigger system is.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I've installed many triggers over the years. It passes every function check. I doubt something is "misaligned."
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Conqueror:
I've installed many triggers over the years. It passes every function check. I doubt something is "misaligned."
View Quote
Call them, seriously. Mine is every bit as good as my ssa.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conqueror:
And if nothing else is wrong, go back in the thread and find where I had put the trigger leg in the wrong place due to a malformed spring (which SS replaced quickly and at no expense). If you put the trigger leg slightly to the side like I had it, it still functions 100%, but it lightens the trigger significantly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting, my ShootingSight ARX trigger feels every bit as nice as my Geissele SD-E and SSA-E.

People say it feels more like an SSA but I don't have an SSA to compare it to.

I didn't really like the rubber coating though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I will say I got one during the recent sale and it feels slightly heavier than the one I got earlier in the year.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 2:11:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Great cheek weld for $60-

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/BOBRO-Lowrider-BUIS-Magpul-MBUS-CZ-Scorpion-Factory-sights/163-1722872/

I am not associated with the seller, but have a set on my ARX.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Is there any examples in the US that have had a high round count through them? I might pick one of these up if they hit $700's as long as they don't have any long term problems.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#28]
I got mine sunday

Link Posted: 12/29/2017 6:08:25 AM EDT
[#29]
So, the interweb intel/gossip over at Beretta forum is that the ARX is slated to be discontinued.

Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
So, the interweb intel/gossip over at Beretta forum is that the ARX is slated to be discontinued.

View Quote
Which is funny, because the Beretta counter rep I talked to a few weeks ago at my local gun store said they were still in the process of getting Tennessee up and rolling for their rife line, and they were still in full support of the ARX.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#31]
It looks like there is a lot of wishful thinking going on from people that don't like the ARX. I haven't really seen a rifle get so much hate other than the M16 when it first came out, which makes me think that Beretta has hit on something special.

If the ARX just goes away I would be surprised.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:59:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#32]
I heard the same thing at Beretta Gallery Dallas, and I suspect it's true.

Also because the TN plant is still a mess.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I didn't know about this. I've been wanting one for a while but if parts are going to be non existent, what good is it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Brownells has all the parts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
That looks like a bunch of dudes gossiping over what one guy at a gallery said, though.

I'm kind of incredulous that they would discontinue it after the investment (especially that ~$600K CHF machine) in domestic ARX production over here. Granted Beretta Holding is not Colt or Springfield or something, financially they could take a total loss of ARX production equipment investment and shrug it off like nothing happened. But I don't think they would do that just willy-nilly.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Frost7:

That looks like a bunch of dudes gossiping over what one guy at a gallery said, though.

I'm kind of incredulous that they would discontinue it after the investment (especially that ~$600K CHF machine) in domestic ARX production over here. Granted Beretta Holding is not Colt or Springfield or something, financially they could take a total loss of ARX production equipment investment and shrug it off like nothing happened. But I don't think they would do that just willy-nilly.
View Quote
From stuff read online, the move to TN has gone pretty badly. Not finding the local talent pool they were promised, not having enough folks move, running things like they're in Italy. They spent a lot of money on the barrel machine and stuff, but if they can't even make the guns that ARE profitable (M9A3), they won't be spending resources on the ARX100 anytime soon. They can't import the ARX100 to offset the TN problems, either.

I don't think they'll kill it, simply because I think they like to offer the Italian military gun, but it's certainly not top priority.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:
From stuff read online, the move to TN has gone pretty badly. Not finding the local talent pool they were promised, not having enough folks move, running things like they're in Italy. They spent a lot of money on the barrel machine and stuff, but if they can't even make the guns that ARE profitable (M9A3), they won't be spending resources on the ARX100 anytime soon. They can't import the ARX100 to offset the TN problems, either.

I don't think they'll kill it, simply because I think they like to offer the Italian military gun, but it's certainly not top priority.
View All Quotes

That doesn't surprise me what with the constant delays they're having at Gallatin, can't seem to get the M9a3s out the door to the point Gardone is having to pick up the slack, etc. Sounds like they're having a rough time getting started.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#38]

That doesn't surprise me what with the constant delays they're having at Gallatin, can't seem to get the M9a3s out the door to the point Gardone is having to pick up the slack, etc. Sounds like they're having a rough time getting started.
View Quote
I was wandering the sites one day and found their job listings. The folks assembling the guns start at $11/hour...

Not that I'm saying it's the hardest work, certainly, but when you're competing with Walmart in hiring, you're going to get the same pool of employees.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 4:03:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#39]

I was wandering the sites one day and found their job listings. The folks assembling the guns start at $11/hour...

Not that I'm saying it's the hardest work, certainly, but when you're competing with Walmart in hiring, you're going to get the same pool of employees.
View Quote
What does WM pay in that area, & what's the avg. annual cost of living?  Factory work can be a grind.  I'd probably want to make sure I attracted the right assy guys & gals who have the necessary skills.  It's the details that can trip up a program &/or business.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#40]

What does WM pay in that area, & what's the avg. annual cost of living?  Factory work can be a grind.  I'd probably want to make sure I attracted the right assy guys & gals who have the necessary skills.  It's the details that can trip up a program &/or business.
View Quote
I don't know what WM pays there, but I believe they went to $10 nationally. Down here they start at 10-12 with quick advancement if you're halfway competent at anything. I'm not sure what the Beretta Assembly job has in the way of advancement. There's an article linked over on the berettaforum that talks about some of the problems they've had since the city attracted a few large manufacturers and the talent pool for skilled workers isn't big enough. Tellingly, the guy the article interviewed so optimistically for the original article was gone before they finished the follow up a few months later. There was a guy (Stimpee) that was on the beretta forum that was an engineer I think. Went to work for beretta, was active for a bit then disappeared. I think he works for Kimber now.

I do think Beretta will get the Gallatin place squared away, but I think all the money they saved picking that location will be lost to offset all the issues the city glossed over to win them.

You do need to give Beretta the credit though, they gave Maryland an ultimatum and followed through for gun rights.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 6:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#41]
Pretty obvious they moved for political reasons, not financial.  TN should step up for Beretta, since they wooed them in.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone use para-cord as a riser on the stock?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Look up the cr 2 riser on ebah
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
ha, like Glock a few years ago claiming they had a hard time finding labor in Atlanta area and then paying CNC operators $10 an hour...

you can't find someone in Phoenix willing to do manual labor for $10 an hour unless you drive down in a truck and pick them up yourself and even then they want you to pay for lunch and maybe a 12 pack at the end of the day.  Maids and Handymen working independently that can speak English and do a decent job are getting $25 an hour.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
If that’s the case, they’re doing the same thing that Sig did with the 556 Classic and the xi.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#46]
What’s going on with the 10” Barrel swap, is beretta still making those?
Been waiting for Botach for a few months now and nothing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#47]
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks. Like his reviews but that's surprisingly long.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
New ARX-100 video. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSTigca24XQ
View Quote
I don’t watch him as much as MAC and hickok. Is it a good solid review or a “it’s not muh AR” complain fest like that other thread was?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 10:47:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#50]

I don’t watch him as much as MAC and hickok. Is it a good solid review or a “it’s not muh AR” complain fest like that other thread was?
View Quote
You may have watched it by now, but they weren't as hard on it as I thought they would be. I actually thought that they were pretty fair, and they shot it out to 600 yards too.

As usual though, the comment section is retarded.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top