BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KP49:

I seen that video.  But why have the notch not point at the 'S' on the gas block if thats the case?

I'll try to get an answer from Beretta, but other rifles I have. like the AUG, the two positions are made for normal and severe when the rifle gets gunked up it throws some extra gas into the system.  Granted it could also be used as a 'low power' ammo setting.  I doubt Beretta would go out of their way to make the gun more reliable with cheap ammo but who knows.

I took the gas valve out today to have a look, but without seeing where the two holes go in the gas block its hard to tell which position does what.  There is a slot cut in the valve, and it connects the two holes together when the notch is pointing towards the N and blocks off the lower hole when the notch is pointing toward the muzzle.  The lower hole does not go directly into the gas port in the barrel, not sure where it goes, not going to try to remove the gas block to find out.

I think the notch is there so it is assembled correctly, you can easily install the valve 180 degrees off then the holes would not connect in either position.  If you install it 180 off then the notch either points to the S or straight down.  Looks to me that bullet poking through the hole would be pointing at either the S or N and that is the 'pointer.'  So I guess it depends on whether S and N means standard or non standard ammo, severe or normal like some say or south and north for all I know :)  I could not tell any difference firing the rifle in either position using ppu m193 which is not the hottest ammo out there.

Dont mean to overthink the whole thing, probably doesnt matter much in the big picture.  I have some pretty weak wolfe .223, I'll see what happens with a few rounds of that stuff.
View Quote
I'm kind of wondering if something has changed... Beretta not including anything about the gas adjustment valve in the newer manuals is kind of weird.

The indicator mark on the adjustment valve is a little confusing for sure, but no one knows why Beretta does what they do.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

I'm kind of wondering if something has changed... Beretta not including anything about the gas adjustment valve in the newer manuals is kind of weird.

The indicator mark on the adjustment valve is a little confusing for sure, but no one knows why Beretta does what they do.
View Quote
I did find this post to the Beretta knowledge base from 2014:

How do I adjust the gas valve on my ARX-100 rifle?
The ARX-100 features a unique design that ensures reliable operation of a varying range of ammunition.The standard setting is suitable for NATO ammunition and most US-produced commercial ammunition. The high pressure setting is used for lower pressure ammunition (generally imported ammunition). Please review the video below on how to make the adjustment.

Then they show the short youtube video from a few posts ago.

You can see there is some erosion on the gas valve from the hole it blocks off when the notch is towards the muzzle, the gas port on the barrel is between the gas valve and the piston.  Just not sure if connecting the two holes together when the notch points towards the N is adding more gas or bleeding some off/adding some extra volume to ease the impulse.  I tried blocking the muzzle and pressurizing the chamber with 1psi and the piston pops out with same force with the valve in either position or both holes blocked so who knows.  I have watched quite a few review shooting vids and have seen the valve in both positions using brass cased ammo.  Mine came out of the box with the notch pointing to the N position, if I never did any research on the internet I would have assumed that was the normal position.  For now I'll just leave it like the video suggests.

Either way its a decent rifle, not my favorite but certainly innovative - once you figure out how to take it apart :)
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:39:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Conqueror] [#3]
The gas system on the ARX is pretty simple.

The barrel has two gas ports, about 1cm apart from each other. Let's call them the chamber-side port, and the muzzle-side port. The adjustable gas regulator plug sits above the muzzle-side port, and the plug simply turns it on or off. In S ("Standard") mode, the muzzle-side port is blocked, and the chamber-side port runs the rifle alone. This is adequate for standard good-quality .223 or 5.56 loads. In N, ("Nonstandard" is how Beretta chose to say "Adverse," which is to be used with weak ammo or a dirty rifle), the muzzle-side port is unblocked, adding additional gas to the system.

Interestingly, this system can be conveniently adapted to running a rifle whose barrel has been chopped and is used with a suppressor. "S" becomes "Suppressed" mode, and "N" becomes "Non-suppressed" mode.

1. Chop barrel to preferred length.
2. Place gun in "S" mode and attach silencer of choice.
3. Enlarge rear port ONLY until it cycles reliably with the silencer attached.
4. Remove silencer and place gun in "N" mode.
5. Enlarge front port ONLY until it cycles reliably with NO silencer attached.

This will ensure that in both modes, the gun will only receive just enough gas to cycle reliably, and should not be overgassed. This is one reason I'm happy to have chopped a 16" barrel on mine instead of buying a factory 10", which I suspect will be overgassed with a silencer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Conqueror:

The barrel has two gas ports, about 1cm apart from each other. Let's call them the chamber-side port, and the muzzle-side port. The adjustable gas regulator plug sits above the muzzle-side port, and the plug simply turns it on or off. In S ("Standard") mode, the muzzle-side port is blocked, and the chamber-side port runs the rifle alone. This is adequate for standard good-quality .223 or 5.56 loads. In N, ("Nonstandard" is how Beretta chose to say "Adverse," which is to be used with weak ammo or a dirty rifle), the muzzle-side port is unblocked, adding additional gas to the system.

Interestingly, this system can be conveniently adapted to running a rifle whose barrel has been chopped and is used with a suppressor. "S" becomes "Suppressed" mode, and "N" becomes "Non-suppressed" mode.

1. Chop barrel to preferred length.
2. Place gun in "S" mode and attach silencer of choice.
3. Enlarge rear port ONLY until it cycles reliably with the silencer attached.
4. Remove silencer and place gun in "N" mode.
5. Enlarge front port ONLY until it cycles reliably with NO silencer attached.

This will ensure that in both modes, the gun will only receive just enough gas to cycle reliably, and should not be overgassed. This is one reason I'm happy to have chopped a 16" barrel on mine instead of buying a factory 10", which I suspect will be overgassed with a silencer.
View Quote
How difficult was the port enlargement?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
So the notch at 12 o'clock is the normal position?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KP49] [#6]

View Quote
I found the picture you posted back on page 22 via google image (F*&^^n photobucket)  and that summed it up pretty well.  Makes sense..

But it would be nice to at least mention it in the manual lol.  Also would be nice if the notch actually pointed to both the S and N mark.  

Put another 200 through mine this afternoon with three different kinds of ammo.  Everything cycled and ejected just fine, even the crappy tula 5.56 that wont lock the bolt back on my 20" AR, with the gas valve in both positions.  I really cant tell the difference in felt recoil or ejection changing the gas valve even though the Tula was noticeably weaker in sound and recoil.  I'll just leave the notch pointing forward :)
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By glklvr:
View Quote
As they are shipped from Beretta, No. The notch at 9 o'clock is the normal position.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]

As they are shipped from Beretta, No. The notch at 9 o'clock is the normal position.
View Quote
Not all of them :)

Mine and another we pulled from the boxes were set with the notch at 12 o'clock, the boxes werent sealed though since they check the serial numbers when they receive them.  But I doubt someone messed with the gas valves on them.

I figure Beretta actually puts the video on their customer help page so 9 o'clock is correct.  What N and S really stands for who knows.

http://berettausa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/996/kw/arx100%20gas/session/L3RpbWUvMTUwODE5MTAxMS9zaWQvb2dQOUlsdm4%3D
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#9]
My notch was at the top too.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Mine and another we pulled from the boxes were set with the notch at 12 o'clock, the boxes werent sealed though since they check the serial numbers when they receive them.  But I doubt someone messed with the gas valves on them.

I figure Beretta actually puts the video on their customer help page so 9 o'clock is correct.  What N and S really stands for who knows.

http://berettausa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/996/kw/arx100%20gas/session/L3RpbWUvMTUwODE5MTAxMS9zaWQvb2dQOUlsdm4%3D
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes, I am aware that some of the newer ones have been shipped that way. I'm just saying that the notch being set at 9 o'clock is the normal position for standard 5.56 pressure ammunition.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if "N" stands for something else in Italian?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine Saturday for $879.00 from Academy. I see them on Gunbroker for much more. Is the Academy price a temporary thing or what? Not that it matters because after shooting this thing, it's a definite keeper.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:28:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#13]
Originally Posted By MiG-21:
Got mine Saturday for $879.00 from Academy. I see them on Gunbroker for much more. Is the Academy price a temporary thing or what? Not that it matters because after shooting this thing, it's a definite keeper.
View Quote
I think stock is starting to dry up at those prices. Botach ran out a while ago and hasn't gotten any new stock, and a lot of other online retailers have run out. Once the last ones dry up prices will probably start steadily rising on Gunbroker until ARX-100s start coming out of Tennessee. You see this happen constantly with limited run Colt products; the 694x and 901 for example go well above RRP on occasions when stock runs out and it's still months away from Colt's next production run. (The 901 being a prime example; I bought mine for $1650 at the end of one of Colt's production runs and all stock dried up within 6 weeks. 6 months later they were commanding $2400 gray market)

ARX will probably end up creeping back up into $1200 territory again I imagine, and if these prices really are just Beretta blowing out old stock, they might come back on the market around their old prices too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MiG-21:
View Quote
I got mine a few months ago at Academy for the same price as well.
They have another one on display, and I'm thinking of picking it up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone bought one of the SBR kits from Botach yet? I just got an email from them saying “on sale, limited time only” but when I went to the site the price was still $849.00 and the SBR is still listed at $899.00.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I went to a new Academy store yesterday and they had two ARX in stock at the Academy price.

Doesn't seem like they are going away.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Bud's is down to $849 on the black ones now, they even offer layaway. Still at $1250 for a FDE one. If I can catch a FDE one for around $899 or so I'll pick up another.

Hit 500 rounds thru mine last week, still no issues at all, really happy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 2:21:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I was told by an online dealer that’s sells the ARX that Beretta was not bringing anymore ARX 100 in. I asked if it’s because of a new model and never got a reply back. So not sure if it’s true or not.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:29:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Blast:
I was told by an online dealer that’s sells the ARX that Beretta was not bringing anymore ARX 100 in. I asked if it’s because of a new model and never got a reply back. So not sure if it’s true or not.
View Quote
"Bringing in" what?  They're made in the USA.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 5:41:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blast] [#20]
As in for selling them, maybe bad choice on words on my part. He said they won't making them now and will not be seeing anymore coming in. This maybe only applies to the civilian market I don't know and did not ask, or maybe he's just full of it.

In any event, I found one somewhere else and bought one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#21]
As in for selling them, maybe bad choice on words on my part. He said they won't making them now and will not be seeing anymore coming in. This maybe only applies to the civilian market I don't know and did not ask, or maybe he's just full of it.

In any event, I found one somewhere else and bought one.
View Quote
Barring an official statement, I'm calling BS.  The CHF barrel machine that was brought in specifically for this rifle  wasn't some chump change investment.  Production is shifting from MD to TN, which might effect supply.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
If I only had a dollar for every dumbass thing a random gun dealer has said, I could buy a couple more ARXs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SmartDrug:

How difficult was the port enlargement?
View Quote
Not terribly but requires some special setup. You need a drill press and some way of holding the barrel very still and straight under it. Then put a brass rod down the bore to prevent hitting the far wall. Go slow and use cutting oil, the bit is small. Run a brush down to ensure no burrs or shavings are present before firing it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Notch at 9 o'clock is the Standard setting. Only flip the notch to N at 12 o'clock if you are having cycling problems.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:01:08 AM EDT
[#25]
What is the reasoning behind Beretta choosing the pencil barrel profile?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 5:51:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By misc:
What is the reasoning behind Beretta choosing the pencil barrel profile?
View Quote
Has to be weight.  It's "heavy" from the breech to the gas block.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:46:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blast] [#27]

If I only had a dollar for every dumbass thing a random gun dealer has said, I could buy a couple more ARXs.
View Quote
LOL... I hear that and agree with you for the most part! What's seems odd about the sales of this rifle is that MSRP was way up there like around $1900. Most online sales currently are around $1200 to $1600 generally (which is a wide $ spread anyways), and then you have a couple online dealers that sells them for $800+! I mean what's that about.... I would think that $800 would be below cost related to MSRP and most general pricing... which either means they are blowing them out because its discontinued/new model being released or they have really been gouging us all this time. Can't see any dealer with business sense losing money on selling inventory if $800 was not a profitable sale. So where did that $800 price come from unless Beretta is not dumping them off. Just seems odd to have an MPRP of $1900 and actual sales of $800 if something was not going on....so then thinking about what that dealer said would then make more sense right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#28]
Or, Academy buys 2,000 of them at $700 not planning to make a huge profit off of them but Bud's doesn't know if they're going to sell so they buy 100 at $1,000 and list them at $1,200-$1,400.

A large national chain may have gotten a huge price break, especially if they bought a crap load of Nanos and 92s.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#29]
Or, Academy buys 2,000 of them at $700 not planning to make a huge profit off of them but Bud's doesn't know if they're going to sell so they buy 100 at $1,000 and list them at $1,200-$1,400.

A large national chain may have gotten a huge price break, especially if they bought a crap load of Nanos and 92s.
View Quote
All of Botach's are (or were) also LE models, so they are probably being dishonest and buying them at Beretta's reduced LE pricing, then turning around and selling them to the public.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
All of Botach's are (or were) also LE models, so they are probably being dishonest and buying them at Beretta's reduced LE pricing, then turning around and selling them to the public.
View All Quotes

Good for them.  Nothing illegal about selling SBRs commercially with the requisite form paperwork filed.  A receiver label doesn't change that fact.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, makes you think what kind of markup is really in all this shit we buy. Just saying...
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 3:13:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#32]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Good for them.  Nothing illegal about selling SBRs commercially with the requisite form paperwork filed.  A receiver label doesn't change that fact.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

No, I mean the regular 16" ARXes, not the SBRs.

Beretta sells to LE for much closer to what it actually costs them per unit to make a weapon, especially when it's something new they're trying to get market penetration with. In order to do what Botach was doing, they basically bought stating they were going to sell to LE, then turned around and sold them to the commercial market and pocketed the difference. I'm guessing after they had that blowout at $850 and suddenly the price hiked, but you could buy them for cheap still by using gift cards, Beretta probably got wise to that and gave them a slap.

I'm not criticizing too harshly, I went and bought three knowing that's probably what they were doing.

Given that turned right around in a couple weeks though, I'm guessing someone in finance over at Beretta USA said, "Have you seen how many are moving at $850? Fuck it, let's clear some inventory, give them the go ahead."

Well, makes you think what kind of markup is really in all this shit we buy. Just saying...
Well, I'm in business myself. The stuff I sell typically has another $100 to $300 tacked on, average. If you were, say, an agency looking to buy 300 units though, I have zero problems reducing the shit out of that markup because I can just assembly line production for a bit on the bulk order and I've got a pile of income and cashflow from it versus having to close every single individual sale.

It's not because I love businesses more and think Average Joe is a sucker, it's just Average Joe is fickle and he buys one at a time, two if I'm lucky, and he occasionally gets cold feet and wants to cancel, thus wasting my time, and time is money. A business wants 200 units, they pay up front, and they don't want to cancel... you can see how I can reduce my markup due to the efficiencies involved there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I rather suspect that the LE SKUs had lackluster sales so Botach and Academy bought the remainder at a low price. Many have mentioned getting LE SKU guns.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I think you’re right. The one I got from Botach was an LE model. We never discussed what it was on the phone. When I received it, it said so on the box. It also said it was supposed to include two magazines and it didn’t. I contacted Botach about it and they told me that what I got was all I was going to get. If I wanted another mag, to call Beretta.

I called Beretta and told them about it. The CS rep wasn’t surprised and said no problem and he would send one right away by UPS. He also sent me a link to a website to get five more free because of a special they were running.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 2:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrMitch] [#35]
ARX-100 on sale for $799 at Academy on black friday. Wish I had one near me.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MrMitch:
ARX-100 on sale for $799 at Academy on black friday. Wish I had one near me.
View Quote
 No Academy near me. 
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Be ready for Academy's 45 minute wait. Yes 45 minute wait while they attempt to run you  thru every fucking data base known to man.
I decided on a whim to buy one. Being the one person at the gun counter I foolishly assuming it would take 10 minutes tops. Earlier this year. $879 + tax. The 4473 didn't take me even a minute to fill out. Sunday eveningat 8:35pm. Didn't leave until almost 9:25 pm. They close at 9:30.
    I complained via email. Got a reply by email and had some Jackoff even left  a 2 minute message.  I deleted the message when it arrived  to some Bullshit about protecting the general public.
   There is no mention on Academy's website about a 45 minute wait at all or protecting the public.
    It reminds me years ago when Papa John's got in trouble for requiring a Driver's License when a person created an online profile. They would run your D.L. thru databases and if you were wanted then they got a 25% kick back.
    I've since decided to boycott Academy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:13:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: misc] [#38]
2 tap.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:13:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: misc] [#39]
3 tap.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:01:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#40]
Be ready for Academy's 45 minute wait. Yes 45 minute wait while they attempt to run you  thru every fucking data base known to man.
I decided on a whim to buy one. Being the one person at the gun counter I foolishly assuming it would take 10 minutes tops. Earlier this year. $879 + tax. The 4473 didn't take me even a minute to fill out. Sunday eveningat 8:35pm. Didn't leave until almost 9:25 pm. They close at 9:30.
    I complained via email. Got a reply by email and had some Jackoff even left  a 2 minute message.  I deleted the message when it arrived  to some Bullshit about protecting the general public.
   There is no mention on Academy's website about a 45 minute wait at all or protecting the public.
    It reminds me years ago when Papa John's got in trouble for requiring a Driver's License when a person created an online profile. They would run your D.L. thru databases and if you were wanted then they got a 25% kick back.
View Quote
I bought my ARX at Academy a couple of months ago and it took about 30 minutes, 20 of which were waiting around for the slow footed manager who looked like she wanted to be somewhere else.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Took me about 15-20 minutes, most of which was waiting for the manager to come verify the sale.

And I'll gladly wait 10-15 extra minutes to save $400.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 12:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blast] [#42]
So this is interesting...at least for me :-) ... If you want to increase the LOP on the Beretta ARX 100 stock just push the release tab down (on the top of the stock) and pull out stock so just one of the little round locking tabs engage instead of two on the bottom. It gives me a longer LOP for my arm length and is still pretty stable! Give it a try and see how it works for you if you need a longer LOP!
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
Took me about 15-20 minutes, most of which was waiting for the manager to come verify the sale.

View All Quotes

Its not about money but the hard reality of right and wrong. I've puchased enough fireaems to  know the difference. Such Draconian policies need to be put out there. If 20 or more minutes are to be taken away from a buyer's time it's fair to put it out there. Academy is already prosuming a buyer is guilty. With this they're gun counter would die within a year.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Consider that their policies are probably geared towards a store staff who by and large are not gun-knowledgeable and not gun dealers by trade.  I'm a retail store manager and there are all sorts of scammers working out there.  In most retail stores you're just going to be out some money or some product if you screw up.  Screw up with firearms and the store would lose its license or someone could go to jail.  Having been through the process at Academy (and yes, it takes longer than my normal dealer) my impression was that it was designed to put controls in place to make a major foul-up almost impossible, even at the cost of more time for them and you.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 7:09:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#45]
The problem with Academy is only the manager can sign off on the paperwork. If they're doing something else, you're waiting until they get free.

Contrast that with another big box sports store- Cabela's- where every gun employee plus the manager can sign off on the paperwork.

It's just a matter of having the trained employees. Must be why Cabela's likes to charge more for their stuff.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I looked at one today at Academy - $799, I didn't do it as I had just dropped a ton of cash in other things for everyone else in my life  for Christmas plus fixing up the new home a little.  It seemed nice but I turned it down.  Found this thread as I'm thinking of going back, they had a few left the guy behind the counter said.
It was light and cool, but felt kind of cheap like airsoft-ish compared to a good AR.  Seems like they are holding up OK from guys that have used them lots.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
I looked at one today at Academy - $799, I didn't do it as I had just dropped a ton of cash in other things for everyone else in my life  for Christmas plus fixing up the new home a little.  It seemed nice but I turned it down.  Found this thread as I'm thinking of going back, they had a few left the guy behind the counter said.
It was light and cool, but felt kind of cheap like airsoft-ish compared to a good AR.  Seems like they are holding up OK from guys that have used them lots.
View Quote
I understand what you're saying, but that has absolutely zero value as far as a metric of a firearm's quality and durability. I like aluminum frames just as much as the next guy, but polymer frames on firearms is a concept that has more than proven itself. If anything, the frame will stand up to abuse more and longer than aluminum and steel ever will.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
View Quote
Glocks felt like that back in the 80s.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Shot a match in the cold Friday night... The metal parts on my AR were like holding ice. The plastic parts were not so bad. I was shooting with my SKD Alpha Touch gloves. Not very wintry, but the best dexterity for shooting. An ARX would have been more comfortable to hold.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Glocks felt like that back in the 80s.
View Quote
I know what you are saying.
When I worked in a gun shop in the 80s, The majority of folks that worked and customer base also scoffed at "Cheap" Plastic AR15s.  I was a young AR enthusiast and they tried their best at explaining how guns like the m14 or Garand were far superior and more accurate and not waste time on toy guns.  ARs can indeed be accurate, and durable.  Like anything new, it needs to earn credibility before people trust it.  This thread is helpful to those looking at it as a new platform.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top