Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Beretta's FB page put up a "what Beretta would you like under your tree" post before Christmas, and got several ARX160 requests among all the requests for fancy shotguns.

If they had 10 or 20 thousand of them ready to ship right now they'd be sitting on a gold mine.  If they're planning for a Q3 launch I don't think it will go as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
They really missed the boat didn't they.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Beretta's FB page put up a "what Beretta would you like under your tree" post before Christmas, and got several ARX160 requests among all the requests for fancy shotguns.

If they had 10 or 20 thousand of them ready to ship right now they'd be sitting on a gold mine.  If they're planning for a Q3 launch I don't think it will go as well.

I would have sold a couple things to buy one. At today's prices, they could have laughed all the way to the bank...
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NickOfTime:
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

I would have sold a couple things to buy one. At today's prices, they could have laughed all the way to the bank...

I was saving to buy one in 2013/14. Was expecting to pay about $1800. Will probably never happen now
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm, be interesting to see the ARX-100 in final form.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#8]

Sounds like they fuxxored the safety and went to a 90 degree travel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilentType] [#9]
I agree. If they wait until Q3 a lot of folks are going to have spent their cash on their panic purchases by then. I wouldn't introduce a high number of rifles right off unless I could get them in during the 1st or maybe 2nd quarter of this year. Shoot, if they had them ready to go now they'd make a FORTUNE.

The thing doesn't look it, but it's hella light from what I hear. Beretta makes good barrels as well so I've got high hopes for that quick change barrel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SilentType:
I agree. If they wait until Q3 a lot of folks are going to have spent their cash on their panic purchases by then. I wouldn't introduce a high number of rifles right off unless I could get them in during the 1st or maybe 2nd quarter of this year. Shoot, if they had them ready to go now they'd make a FORTUNE.

The thing doesn't look it, but it's hella light from what I hear. Beretta makes good barrels as well so I've got high hopes for that quick change barrel.

+1 If they don't release SOON; I'm going to panic all my money away
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 9:09:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishandShoot] [#11]
Originally Posted By FishandShoot:

If I don't see new info by end of March; IWI will be getting my $$$ instead.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#12]

If I don't see new info by end of March; IWI will be getting my $$$ instead.

I'm waiting for something in 7.62x39 preferably tan. So no hurry here.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#13]
this thread needs a cool pic found with google

Italian Alpini (Mountain Troops) in A-stan

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Frens:
this thread needs a cool pic found with google

Italian Alpini (Mountain Troops) in A-stan

http://s1.postimage.org/atm2oa4b3/alpini.jpg

MOAR!

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#15]

(pic not mine)
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]
March 1

Any updates?
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#17]
WTF is the matter with Beretta?  IWI kicked some ass with the TAVOR and they had what, ZERO presence in this country before that?

I stated before this might have some political stink behind it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#18]
benchpress

you do know that a semi auto tavor already existed and was for sale in canada so making them available for sale in the us was pretty easy

ARX has to be designed as a semi auto get ATF approval AND then ramp up us manufacture

this was all happening around the time of talk of assault weapon ban.

No company would be a fool to invest that much money in something that would get banned

you really need to tone it down and bit and stop seeing covert super secret plots in everything
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 2:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: benchpress] [#19]
Originally Posted By ronin556:
benchpress

you do know that a semi auto tavor already existed and was for sale in canada so making them available for sale in the us was pretty easy
Yeah, how do you know how EASY it was? Isn't the Canadian TAVOR 100% Israeli versus the US one which would have to have all the compliant parts?  Not an easy task considering IWI has no manufacturing facility stateside that I know of - UNLIKE BERETTA.

ARX has to be designed as a semi auto get ATF approval AND then ramp up us manufacture

Thanks Nikola Tesla.  It must have been so challenging for Beretta's only engineer on staff to figure out a semi configuration.

this was all happening around the time of talk of assault weapon ban.

No company would be a fool to invest that much money in something that would get banned.
Yet the FOOLS at IWI rolled the dice and won!

you really need to tone it down and bit and stop seeing covert super secret plots in everything

Oh thanks so much for the advice on "toning down" because you know how CRAZY INSANE ANGRY I am over this.  I've had to go to counseling I'm so upset.  

In the meantime I'm expecting 3 Tavors and might have bought one less had Beretta cared more about selling scary black rifles.

The fact that Beretta has NOT brought a rifle to market, given how huge and established they are in the US firearms chain, while IWI is pretty much a non-enitity in the US, immediately makes it a super-secret plot?  What I'm saying, and what you might not understand because I'm writing in English, is that Beretta might have had a POLITICAL consideraton in NOT releasing an EVIL BLACK rifle because of their business with the federal govt - perhaps not willing to piss anyone off lest some contracts be affected.

Surely, Beretta is/was in a much stronger position to release the ARX, as per the word on the street and right out of their mouth in Youtube videos than was IWI, but they have chosen to DELAY.  As others have stated, it's costing them but I guess they really don't care.  I and SO MANY others picked up a bunch of ARs that we wouldn't have had that sexy-ass ARX been available.

Link Posted: 3/2/2013 6:19:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BulletBait] [#20]
benchpress, read the Tavor thread.

Simply put money we "give" to Israel as MIL aid has to spent in the US.

IWI learned their lesson with the Galil.
A great rifle, but not so great that it could compete with "free" M-4 carbines from Colt.

So the Tavor's most expensive parts are made here in the US ( IE: free ! ) and then the rifles are assembled in Israel.
All IWI had to do was design the new semi-only receiver and expand the factory to assemble the rifle here. Which is now pure bank since our aid money also paid for the tooling.
Also because of that, it also passes our "made in the US" bullshit laws on " sporting purposes" which are biased to keep out foreign made assault weapons.

Easy peasy and high profit margin to boot compared to setting up the whole shebang like Beretta has to do.

ETA: a great thing about the Tavor is that a Liberal's tax dollars helped it become a reality.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]
The pending anti-gun ownership legislation in MD isn't helping things.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Build an ARX plant in a different state, that will send a message
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 3:43:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#23]
Originally Posted By Gifters:
Build an ARX plant in a different state, that will send a message

Neighboring states are currently working that angle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 4:21:22 AM EDT
[#24]
what about Mags? are they proprietary? that could be a problem....like HK
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:49:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By maxpower762:

Uses STANAG mags.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Originally Posted By maxpower762:

Uses STANAG mags.

+1
it takes standard NATO mags, italian gun magazines showed the 160 with Lancer AWM

Link Posted: 3/30/2013 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump for freshness.

http://www.berettausa.com/arx100/
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
Bump for freshness.

I Googled that page also.  Not showing a picture is real tease.  Also consider that they might have to delay production if they have to move if/when impending ban laws in MD come to pass.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Bump for freshness.

I Googled that page also.  Not showing a picture is real tease.  Also consider that they might have to delay production if they have to move if/when impending ban laws in MD come to pass.

I have no problem waiting for this rifle, I've been waiting for something like this since the Masada failure.

What's a few more years?
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 5:28:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Bump for freshness.

I have no problem waiting for this rifle, I've been waiting for something like this since the Masada failure.

What's a few more years?

From what I gather from the political goings on in MD, it looks like we will be waiting.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 6:11:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#31]
.22lr version is out... Link.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Review and video of .22lr version.

Looks like they didn't mess up the safety on that version at least
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 2:03:18 AM EDT
[#34]

is the barrel made 100% of steel or has a super lightweight inner barrel with outer polymer/alloy sleeve like the Walther M4 or the GSG5?
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#35]

is the barrel made 100% of steel or has a super lightweight inner barrel with outer polymer/alloy sleeve like the Walther M4 or the GSG5?

If I had one I could tell you.

It looks like steel from the pics but I don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone want to touch this?

Rumor Dept says: They are supposed to release the ARX-100 soon. Rumored MSRP $1500.

Purely unsubstantiated BTW

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:

Rumor Dept says: They are supposed to release the ARX-100 soon. Rumored MSRP $1500.

Last article I saw regard Beretta concerned MD legislative shenanigans, but it mentioned a bbl.-making forge - a rather large & not very mobile piece of machinery - that was sitting on the factor floor in MD & not yet installed & running yet to due to the political uncertainties.  I tend to think that forge is going to have to find a new home before it starts turning out anything, & it won't be any time soon (read: this yr).

I also don't buy (no pun) - though I would if it were true - the $1500 price point.  I'm thinking more like $2K.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Last article I saw regard Beretta concerned MD legislative shenanigans, but it mentioned a bbl.-making forge - a rather large & not very mobile piece of machinery - that was sitting on the factor floor in MD & not yet installed & running yet to due to the political uncertainties.  I tend to think that forge is going to have to find a new home before it starts turning out anything, & it won't be any time soon (read: this yr).

I also don't buy (no pun) - though I would if it were true - the $1500 price point.  I'm thinking more like $2K.

If the forge is here they will make them.
You're right that there's no way they can get it up and running soon.

However, Beretta is far more savvy when it comes to pricing.
Remington was foolish to try and price their ACR the same as a SCAR and then think they would get an Army contract.
The SCAR was a sole source, special request item for an elite group needed immediately to fight a hot war and was billed to the DOD accordingly.

NFW was the Regular Army going to ever buy something that expensive for everyone and then stock spares.
Law enforcement bean counters have also flinched at those +$1500 prices.

IMHO, Beretta sees how the others have flopped pricing themselves too much over the Colt 6920 and adjust the MSRP accordingly.

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:01:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#39]

If the forge is here they will make them.
You're right that there's no way they can get it up and running soon.

However, Beretta is far more savvy when it comes to pricing.
Remington was foolish to try and price their ACR the same as a SCAR and then think they would get an Army contract.
The SCAR was a sole source, special request item for an elite group needed immediately to fight a hot war and was billed to the DOD accordingly.

NFW was the Regular Army going to ever buy something that expensive for everyone and then stock spares.
Law enforcement bean counters have also flinched at those +$1500 prices.

IMHO, Beretta sees how the others have flopped pricing themselves too much over the Colt 6920 and adjust the MSRP accordingly.

They pretty much stated they were leaving MD if the ban bill passed, which it did, so I'm having doubts that they will commit production in that state.  A move will add some more time to the wait.  Personally, I'd prefer they vacate MD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Got an ARX-160 OTW in .22lr.  Maybe a taste test for the 5.56 version.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By _DR:

What is your initial impressions?
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By _DR:

What is your initial impressions?

It's on it's way to my FFL right now, got a tracking number in my hands but that's all so far. Ordered some spare mags from Beretta, waiting on those too, they have shipped.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Beretta doesn't always sell the best, but their designs are always some of the most impressive which is what gets me so excited.  All the design features make this worth more than an AR, but it depends on exactly what is offered and at what price point.  I'm more interested in this over a Tavor and seems to be a step up over the SCAR.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#44]
The .22 is a very solid gun, shoots great, all the controls are in the right place. Functions flawlessly. If the 5.56 version is the same they have a winner. So far my favorite .22.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#45]
How do you like the safety's location and the stock telescope / fold mechanism?
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Safety is ambi and works perfect for me, the telescope stock works great very solid so is the side folder locks up solid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I meant, how does it compare in ease of use to an AR or, say, HK, Sig556, etc?  
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#48]
I finger-fucked a .22 today. Seemed bulky as fuck. Like a Sci Fi movie gun. It would make an awesome range toy.

What's it offer over an AR? I don't know. I like options though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2013 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Looked all steel.

Link Posted: 4/27/2013 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Fury_58:

Looked all steel.  

I hope so - I plan on putting a can on it so it needs to have a threaded barrel. Never seen a threaded muzzle on a sleeved barrel.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top