Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 1:31:24 AM EDT
Southern Ohio Gun (SOG) has these rifles that dont even need a FFL or C&R to buy since they are over 100 years old, but I was wondering if 11mm rifle ammo is even in existence?

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#1]
There probably is ammo somewhere. Maybe some ammo would be custom made. I looked at the ad it doesn't state the condition of the gun. Heck anything that old has to be suspect safety wise.  I would think of it a collector type gun(wall hanger). If your thoughts are that you might use it as a shooter I would have a guns smith look at it and even see if it would be safe to fire, which I doubt.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm just curious about the ammo, anyone have a pic of an 11mm round?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I seen to remember Shotgun News having an article about Mauser cartridges a few years ago. It's there a book call Cartiridges of the World or something like that. I tried looking this up in Yahoo and didn't come up with anything maybe not looking in the right places. This has me curious...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I just stumbled on to a web site www.starsandstripesammo.com they have over a dozen 11mm rounds listed that caan be custom made. They have a 11.15x60RMM 43 mauser.  43 spanish Mauser 11.15x58RMM, etc......
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, try this forum. Take a look at the black power antique arms there are people who play with the 71/84 mauser. http://p102.ezboard.com/bparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums
Have fun!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top