Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 5:02:37 PM EDT
Not that my bank account will allow such an extravagance right now, but I've seen the kit that Numrich is offering, and, well...

Anyone got experience with these rifles? Like them? hate them? Warn me off?

Yeah, the mags are pricey, but...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont personally but am in the same boat as you. I saw a used parts kit for under $400 minus the reciever. How much are those semi-auto recievers? The gun is really damn cool. I thought they used ar mags?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've sent off an email to see how much the receivers are, and what compliance parts are available. I've got some stuff to trade in to Numrich, so if it's anywhere near reasonable, I may just have to...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]
there is an ad in SGN for compliance parts and US recievers.  Cost for the reciever is around $400 IIRC.  Compliance parts are gonna be a bit too, but it would be a cool project.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:21:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
there is an ad in SGN for compliance parts and US recievers.  Cost for the reciever is around $400 IIRC.  Compliance parts are gonna be a bit too, but it would be a cool project.

Just found the ad. I wonder if JM Tech has the info on how to assemble them. Some rifles are within my toolset. Others...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish companies would sell full auto rifles whole. Maybe some mass production would cheapen them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wish companies would sell full auto rifles whole. Maybe some mass production would cheapen them.

Don't you have any clue about the 86 MG ban, or import laws?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apart from the fact that Lautenberg is a waste of a perfectly usable legislator's seat...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I said "wish" didnt I? And actually I never did know much about them. I just know this gun has a bunch of non-us compliant parts. I just wish copies or something were made by other companies.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I said "wish" didnt I? And actually I never did know much about them. I just know this gun has a bunch of non-us compliant parts. I just wish copies or something were made by other companies.

The only way that gun could be sold new in the states is if it is domestically produced in a semi auto form only.

No MG newer then 86 for us civlians, no "non sporting" imported guns of any kind, without the proper # of compliance parts.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The only way that gun could be sold new in the states is if it is domestically produced in a semi auto form only.

No MG newer then 86 for us civlians, no "non sporting" imported guns of any kind, without the proper # of compliance parts.

Then I wish a company would be a clone of it in semi-auto like all of the HK clones.

Oh and anyone have links to where the lower recievers are sold and do these take ar mags?

If I bought one of those semi auto upper rec's and 9 US compliant parts for the AR-70. Would I need the $200 tax thing?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Then I wish a company would be a clone of it in semi-auto like all of the HK clones.

It would have had to become more popular in use than it has. The weapon is only in use in a couple of countries, unlike the FAL, HK, AR-15 family...

Oh and anyone have links to where the lower recievers are sold

There is no website, but email Jeff at [email protected] for info.

and do these take ar mags?

Alas, no. They are proprietary, and Numrich has the only ones I've found at about $70 a pop.

If I bought one of those semi auto upper rec's and 9 US compliant parts for the AR-70. Would I need the $200 tax thing?

No, because it's the reciever that's the issue. Semi-auto needs no transfer tax and the parts kit is not a firearm. If they modded the original receiver, it would still be selective fire to the BATmen, but the new receiver makes it the same to them as a semi-auto AR-15 receiver would be.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. Well it will be something to shoot for. Alot of dough but a cool gun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks. Well it will be something to shoot for. Alot of dough but a cool gun.

That's basically how I look at it. Would it be my only carbine? Oh, no. But since I have ARs and an AK, and shotties, and precision stuff, and Scout type stuff, and classics...

I may start with the parts kit and do this piecemeal. Can't afford "all to oncet," as they say, but it'll be an interesting addition.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#14]

I really wanted to have this gun built, but between  $400 for a semi reciever, $400 for a parts kit, probably another $100-$150 for compliance parts, $65 per mag and another couple hundred to have the thing built and refinished, it probably isn't going to happen any time soon, which really sucks because once all the parts kits are gone, chances to have one of these built are pretty much gone too.

Life really sucks sometimes.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#15]
sad thing is, i remember when they were available back in the early 80's, they were slow selling around here, nobody seemed to know what they were, or just not interested,

now i wish i had kept one for myself,,,
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Jeff at JM Tech built mine.

The barrels that come with the kits are pretty much junk, due to not being maintained. The rest of the parts were serviceable. Jeff has new US made bbl's available.

The gun looked absolutley new when it was returned. Fit and finish was excellent, and ran 100%.

AR mag adapters are still in the works.

If you don't like being pestered at the range about your gun, do not take an AR 70! Everyone wants to see-touch-feel-shoot.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Jeff at JM Tech built mine.

The barrels that come with the kits are pretty much junk, due to not being maintained. The rest of the parts were serviceable. Jeff has new US made bbl's available.

The gun looked absolutley new when it was returned. Fit and finish was excellent, and ran 100%.

So, what was the grand total. I had been hoping to be able to use the original barrel...

AR mag adapters are still in the works.

Is he looking for a magwell adapter, or will this be a permanent modification to the magazines?

If you don't like being pestered at the range about your gun, do not take an AR 70! Everyone wants to see-touch-feel-shoot.

Well, I'd still like one, but it looks like I need to build up some more capital, if I'll have to replace the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
....and by cherry one I mean an original 1986 Beretta, not a parts gun.......

I'd love to be the one who could buy it, but my budget says I'll have to settle for a parts gun, if I can wind up getting one. Oh well...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]
MAGS are the prob with the AR-70.

We in the US got the guns .......the Italians got the mags - no kidding.

5sub
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top