Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:03:29 PM EDT
Here is an example of a parts kit that you DON'T want in your possesion. You have to remember, ATF was able to make a PPsh41 with duct tape so............  That reweld would definitely constitute a machinegun if there is no block welded in there.

www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7322365&aa=%20Bretton%20%20A%20WW2%20British%20Bren%20Mk%202%20LMG,%20Demilled

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
good question?   I though to make that a dummy gun one had to weld barrel in place and make receiver unable to fit into receiver.

Iwould like to know if that is legal  It would make the ultimate paper weight
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought demilled was legal?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#3]
That's not demilled... anymore.

I believe you are thinking of "DEWAT".

But the Ad does not state that at all...

Besides, it was once cut and not rewelded, so yeah, run away !

Unless you need a nice parts kit, then you could request it to be cut again, per ATF current regulatons  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought demilled was legal?

Technical branch ATF agents were able to take a PPsh41 parts kit (imported from InterOrdnance) that was demilled according to ATF specs and tape it with duct tape and it ran full auto. From what I understand, if you even tack a receiver together with weld just for display purposes and the bolt/carrier is not blocked, you just manufactured a machinegun.

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
"They did a nice job rewelding"  

yeah....  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"They did a nice job rewelding"  

yeah....  

Holy Shit!!  If that's what he calls a good job, I'd hate to to what he calls a poor one.  

Yeah, I'd steer clear of that gun by a mile.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
After checking out the listing I would have to vote for "not very bright". Of course that does not rule out the ATFE.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
That's been there for a while. The original listing I saw said that it has a dummy, solid cemter section welded in.

Also, the ATF only made the IO PPSH fire 1 round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top