Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 7:41:36 PM EDT
Hi, My friend is trying to sell some of his guns  and he ask me for help, but to be honest I don't know to much about older rifles/shotguns, My collection is "evil" (Ars, AKs, semi pistols, etc).
Anyways would be great if somebody could help....
-Winchester  lever action rifle, Model 88, About 35 years old, great shape (like new), The caliber is .243.
-Ithaca Featherweight 12 gauge shotgon, Wood furniture, About 45 years old, Model 37?

Thanks for all your help, I cam e-mail pics.
If somebody is interested, He's selling only FTF in Portland, Oregon.
My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Gunbroker or Gunsamerica to see if there are any selling now?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the idea, Found a price on the Shotgun But I can't find a price for the rifle.
Any ideas???
Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If the serial number is below 148859, it is pre-1964. If the barrel is only 19" (measured from the face of the closed bolt to the muzzle), you have a carbine. Now, I'll guess on the high side and say it has 92% of the original finish remaining and is mechanically sound which would grade Very Good by NRA Standards.

I'll guess approx $375 for a pre-64 rifle, $300 for a post-64 rifle, or $425 for a carbine (no carbines were manufactured before 1968) in Very Good condition.

HTH
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top