Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 1:31:54 PM EDT
I have a Mossburg 500 which came with an 18.5 and full length barrels.  I am looking to do the same with an 870, so I could leave the 18.5 on around the house, but put the full length on for hunting.  Cost is a significant issue.  The cheapest 870 barrels I have found are made by mossburg, but still run $100 +, so I'd be looking at buying an 870 express for around $240 plus $100 for the short barrel.  Is there a cheaper way to do this?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, unless you buy both/either one used. I've looked in to this in the past myself. Ended up getting two different shotguns in arfcom tradition.    
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If you shop around, you can often find the Mossberg made 870 barrels for well under $100.

Also you can usually buy used barrels on Ebay and on the gun forums cheap.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
so I'd be looking at buying an 870 express for around $240 plus $100 for the short barrel.  Is there a cheaper way to do this?  Thanks.

You may have better luck doing that backwards. Buy an 870 with a short barrel and look for a used long barrel. They seem to be a little more prolific, consequently cheaper, on the used market from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check E bay for barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top