Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 5:28:34 PM EDT
I need mags for my #5 enfield(I know it uses #4 mags) and can't find any. I know they made MANY #4's so why cant I find any mags?

HELP-

Frustrated
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Magazines on the No4MkI, although detachable, were not swapped out to reload.  The rifle was loaded from the top using stripper clips.

The No5 is the same way.  

Last I recall, ProMag did make magazines for Enfield rifles.  Doubt you'll find many available surplus mags, again, because soldiers were not issed extra magazines, just ammo on stripper clips.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Check Sarco, I think I saw some there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Magazines on the No4MkI, although detachable, were not swapped out to reload.  The rifle was loaded from the top using stripper clips.

The No5 is the same way.  

Last I recall, ProMag did make magazines for Enfield rifles.  Doubt you'll find many available surplus mags, again, because soldiers were not issed extra magazines, just ammo on stripper clips.  

I dont need lots of spares. The mags I have are ProMag or some aftermarket company. They are UGLY and look cheap. I just want one of the wwII types, they look much better IMO. The ones I have are functional but since this is an aesthetic issue, I like the "Originals"
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not just buy a bunch of stripper clips? They're faster to reload than mags, and Enfield mags usually need fitted or tweaked to get to feed anyway. They weren't swapped, unless bad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:05:17 AM EDT
[#6]
check the links to forums etc here.  i found some good stuff through there for my #1mk3 before i sold that rifle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why not just buy a bunch of stripper clips? They're faster to reload than mags, and Enfield mags usually need fitted or tweaked to get to feed anyway. They weren't swapped, unless bad.

Because I want the "proper" mag for my wwII era enfield, NOT a modern version. It ruins the look of a classic IMO

I have NO problem using strippers, just want the appropriate mag for the time era it was made in not a modern looking mag
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because I want the "proper" mag for my wwII era enfield, NOT a modern version. It ruins the look of a classic IMO

I have NO problem using strippers, just want the appropriate mag for the time era it was made in not a modern looking mag

Sorry, I thought you wanted more mags.

IM me, I have an extra No5 mag I'd part with.

-Craig
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top