Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:28:34 PM EDT
I need mags for my #5 enfield(I know it uses #4 mags) and can't find any. I know they made MANY #4's so why cant I find any mags?

HELP-

Frustrated
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:13:49 PM EDT
Magazines on the No4MkI, although detachable, were not swapped out to reload. The rifle was loaded from the top using stripper clips.

The No5 is the same way.

Last I recall, ProMag did make magazines for Enfield rifles. Doubt you'll find many available surplus mags, again, because soldiers were not issed extra magazines, just ammo on stripper clips.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:24:30 PM EDT
Check Sarco, I think I saw some there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:54:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
Magazines on the No4MkI, although detachable, were not swapped out to reload. The rifle was loaded from the top using stripper clips.

The No5 is the same way.

Last I recall, ProMag did make magazines for Enfield rifles. Doubt you'll find many available surplus mags, again, because soldiers were not issed extra magazines, just ammo on stripper clips.

I dont need lots of spares. The mags I have are ProMag or some aftermarket company. They are UGLY and look cheap. I just want one of the wwII types, they look much better IMO. The ones I have are functional but since this is an aesthetic issue, I like the "Originals"
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:32:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:28:08 PM EDT
Why not just buy a bunch of stripper clips? They're faster to reload than mags, and Enfield mags usually need fitted or tweaked to get to feed anyway. They weren't swapped, unless bad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:05:17 AM EDT
check the links to forums etc here. i found some good stuff through there for my #1mk3 before i sold that rifle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:31:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
Why not just buy a bunch of stripper clips? They're faster to reload than mags, and Enfield mags usually need fitted or tweaked to get to feed anyway. They weren't swapped, unless bad.

Because I want the "proper" mag for my wwII era enfield, NOT a modern version. It ruins the look of a classic IMO

I have NO problem using strippers, just want the appropriate mag for the time era it was made in not a modern looking mag
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:02:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:

Originally Posted By swingset:

Because I want the "proper" mag for my wwII era enfield, NOT a modern version. It ruins the look of a classic IMO

I have NO problem using strippers, just want the appropriate mag for the time era it was made in not a modern looking mag

Sorry, I thought you wanted more mags.

IM me, I have an extra No5 mag I'd part with.

-Craig
Top Top