Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 12:36:37 PM EDT
I'm looking at inertia shotguns. The only manufactures I can find are Benelli, Franchi, and Stoeger. I know Benelli is the best, but costs an arm and a leg. I'm interested in the Franchi, but can't get much input. And I haven't heard much about the Stoeger. And I'm really wondering what's the difference in all these, other than added features, since they're all owned by Beretta.
Are there any other manufacture's that make inertia shotys? Also, do any inertia shotguns have a magazine cutoff? What's your guy's experience with reliability, ruggedness, etc.? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:17:11 PM EDT
the stoeger 2000 is the beneli M1 with the recoil spring in the forearm instead of the buttstock. i can't remember if they are built under license or owned by beretta, though. Berreta owns the others. a friend bought a stoeger a couple of years ago and loves it. light/ accurate/ swings how he likes. he uses it only for hunting upland birds. it was a little finicky for the first 100 or so rounds of the light loads. however, after those 100 or so rdsof breaking in it has been 100% reliable- or so he has told me. so, if you want an inertia semi shotty i think berreta owns all of the companies that makes them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:21:19 PM EDT
Benelli or Beretta 1201FP
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:32:54 PM EDT
If money is no object, the Beretta Extrema2 is a damn good choice.

Here's a video showing what it's capable of (and notice the nice low recoil):

www.compfused.com/directlink/1206/
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:15:08 PM EDT
We use several Benelli M1 Super 90's to shoot doves, ducks and deer. They are extremely reliable and robust. Follow-up shots are fast. I get by fine with the 21" vent-ribbed barrel. Make sure the threaded cap at end of forearm is screwed down tight, the bolt handle is seated properly, coat threads on invector choke tubes with suitable substance, and if gun is submerged, make absolutely sure the spring recess in butt is thoroghly dry before re-lubrication. HTH
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:57:08 PM EDT
Thanks for all the help, you answered my questions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:47:10 AM EDT
Franchis are awesome shotguns as well and I think are licensed under Benelli....my cousin owns one and it rocks
Top Top