Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:23:01 PM EDT
The Remington 7600 is a pump rifle.  It is available in a wide array of caliburs and is the only pump rifle currently manufactured in US for the market.  I would be interested in one in 308 if anyone make aftermarket high capacity mags, or an adapter that will convert it for use w/ a common military 308 mag (M14, FAL etc).  Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to say to check into the Remington 7615 rifle, but further research indicates that it is currently only offered in .223. But it does accept AR-15/M16 high-capacity mags.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Along with the 7615, Remington is trying to market a .308 version for law enforcement. The bad news it is the same .308 pump rifle they have made for years, only with a black stock 16" barrel and ghost ring sights.

The mag is the standard 4 shot.

They do not offer any high cap mags. And after market 10 round mags are junk......trust me

For the money that Remington is asking for the LE .308 pump rifle you could buy a cheap FAL, G3 or CETME.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
can you reload the mags from the top by opening the action, kind of like one would stuff ammo into the fixed mag of a SKS, Garand, or many bolt guns, or do you have to drop the box to reload?

Thanks UZ4U for telling me about your experienc w/ the aftermarke 10rndrs.  

Don't tell anyone I told you this or how I know, but these rifles wholesale for a little under $400.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The .308 would be a great little carbine if it could take hicap mags. I may check out the .223 this summer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd buy the remington .223 pump in a heartbeat if it was semi auto...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
you are not helping
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top