Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 9:38:36 AM EDT
hey i want to make a guile suit, does anyone know how or have a link to a tuitorial?

thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheapest way is to get a pair of coveralls, a bunch of burlap, cut strips 2-4" wide and about 8-10" long, dye it shades of green and brown. Weave in leaves and twigs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want a ghillie, click here

If you want a guile, click here
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Beat me to it, too!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Send a IM to death451 he can help you out
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I made a ghillie suit by using this method.
supplies:  old flight suit or jacket and pants with a hood sewn on, clear silicone in a chalk gun, burlap, and wax paper like used in cooking and flat color spray paint

1. Cut a strip of burlap. ( lenght and width your choice depending on what look you want)
2. Lay a bead of silcone on the flight suit. ( best to start at the bottom and work up in layers)
3. Lay the strip of burlap on the silicone. ( at the end or the middle of the strip)
4. Cut a strip of wax paper. ( cut it wider and longer than the bead of silicone)
5. Lay the wax paper strip on top off the area of the burlap that has the silicone under it and press down.
6. Leave the wax paper there untill the silicone is dry then peal it off.
7. When finished putting the burlap on, spray paint it the colors and pattern you like.  

Hope this helps.
Walmart has lot of fake cheep leaves that when painted a flat color look good weaved in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top