Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 5:38:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 5:45:24 AM EDT by numbers]
I recently bought a Browning Buckmark pistol and while reading thru the manual and related items I noticed the lack of any warranty information. They just give you some contact info to send the thing in to get repaired. Granted I'm not overly concerned about fixing a simple .22 pistol if it should break, but if I had one of their high dollar shotguns I may be somewhat concerned.

I checked their website and found nothing relating to a firearms warranty. I also did a google search and came up with conflicting "internet" views ranging from a 1 year warranty to "assume your Browning has no warranty when you buy it". I may have to call them and get the standard "it depends" response as far as warranty work goes.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:32:15 AM EDT
Well, I called Browning and finally got thru to a customer service person. The person stated that "There is no stated warranty", "it depends" , "normal wear and tear is covered along with manufacuring defects". I forgot to ask for how long "normal wear and tear is covered. The reason for no "stated warranty" is that basically people were sending in firearms with tiretracks and stuff on them and expecting warranty repair. Sooooo....I guess I answered my own question about Browning's uhhhhh "warranty".
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:49:55 PM EDT
Browning will do you right. An acquaintance of mine sold a NIB Browning A-Bolt, deal was the guy (whom he knew) would give him $300, run home and get the rest of the money. So the owner lets the guy take the rifle, well dude never shows up. A week later he brings the rifle back, and says it's broke and he wants his money back. (This is where the owner departs from reality IMO) He gives the wanker his money back! After seeing the tang safety is broke-off, the stock is scuffed up, and they had lodged something in the barrel and tried to drive it out with a cleaning rod! Gun was ruined. He sent it to the Browning repair center in Arnold, MO, it comes back 2 weeks later. They replaced everything but the reciever. The bill was .00000, nothing, zip. Pretty good in my book.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/28/2006 4:28:33 PM EDT by imposter]
USRAC, which is owned by the same company as Browning, basically says "trust us."

U.S. Repeating Arms (the makers of Winchester brand firearms) does not provide written warranties on most of our products and currently there is no “lifetime” warranty on any U.S. Repeating Arms Company product.

U.S. Repeating Arms assures you that we support our products with the same integrity and fairness that has always been a vital part of the Winchester reputation. Should there be a problem, in most cases, your Winchester firearms dealer can make quick adjustments.

I had to send my last USRAC Model 70 into the Browning repair center in Missouri for extraction problems. They handled that issue, but managed to scrape up the front sight base. The gun still has some problems, but no way in hell am I sending it back.
Top Top