Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 3:15:40 PM EDT
How is the barrel in a Daewoo removed? I see there is a set screw on the lower portion of the receiver where the barrel enters the receiver but the barrel does not budge?

Anybody remove a Daewoo DR200 barrel before?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never done it, but the way it was explained to me was the "set-screw" is actually a pin.  The pin goes into a hole in the barrel and is what holds it in place.

You take off the handguards, and you'll see the pin that's threaded.  You screw a bolt or tool of some kind into the pin and pull out the pin.  The pin may turn, but turning does nothing.  It's only a pin.  The pin will not come out of the gun.  Don't tighten the bolt/tool as the pin will just turn and you won't get it loose.  The threads are to hold the tool, not provide any tension.

The barrel is threaded into the barrel extension and the pin fixes both of thsoe together, as well as the barrel assembly to the upper.  The whole barrel assy is supposed to be pretty tight in the upper as well.

Unless you really need to replace the barrel, I wouldn't mess with it.  It's a simple enough system, but just like the AR with it's barrel wrench, the without the proper tools you could mess something up pretty easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top