Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 12:45:48 PM EDT
i ordered and am picking up my vector rpd this week.
anyone have any feedback on them?
i was never impressed with the guns they make(with the ak variants i have no problems)
i threw caution to the wind and placed an order.
any feedback is welcome,i havent seen to much press on these,but did get to finger f*** one at the creek,so that convinced me.
anyone know is synthetic furniture will be an option in the furtue? the vector guys were not forthcomming on that.
who has the best deal on the drums? i ordered an extra 1/2 dzn from them.
thanks for any imput!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want help with this, I would suggest moving this topic over to the AK boards, your gonna get alot more responses.

FWIW
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i ordered and am picking up my vector rpd this week.
anyone have any feedback on them?
i was never impressed with the guns they make(with the ak variants i have no problems)
i threw caution to the wind and placed an order.
any feedback is welcome,i havent seen to much press on these,but did get to finger f*** one at the creek,so that convinced me.
anyone know is synthetic furniture will be an option in the furtue? the vector guys were not forthcomming on that.
who has the best deal on the drums? i ordered an extra 1/2 dzn from them.
thanks for any imput!

I've had several of the Semi's and a Post Sample. Make sure you use the belts with the folded over ear, the dimpled links jam up. If you look close you can see the little ear that folds over the bottom of the case in the picture below.

Beyong that, there isn't much to them because they are so simple.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is that a sidewalk?  Where exactly *are* you shooting? has TSHTF there already?!

Bp
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]
That's so fucking cool! These are 7.62x39 right? Reliable as an AK I take it? "pre-ban" belts available and thus NY legal?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
These are 7.62x39 right? Reliable as an AK I take it?

Yes, 7.62x39.

Like ian187 said, they're a very simple design and quite reliable. I saw several in VN that looked like absolute junk, but still ran well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the info guys.
dunno what links im getting,ill find out sat.ill try to keep yas posted.
ive owned semi belt feds b4,and regretted getting rid of them,but 762x39 is still cheap (if ya can find it!) enough to justify the cost of running a belt fed.
BTW,i went thru 6 cases of 308 in my 1919 in a few hour shooting session,it really hurt my wallet,when i realized i just shot the monetary value of a new ar!
but,it was fun!
no info on the best place to buy drums/links?
thanks,elray
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

thanks,elray

I would just buy them from Vector for $30 (drum w/2x50rd belts).  

Or if you want to gamble a bit. www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=223310&chrSuperSKU=&MC=
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
thanks for the info guys.
dunno what links im getting,ill find out sat.ill try to keep yas posted.
ive owned semi belt feds b4,and regretted getting rid of them,but 762x39 is still cheap (if ya can find it!) enough to justify the cost of running a belt fed.
BTW,i went thru 6 cases of 308 in my 1919 in a few hour shooting session,it really hurt my wallet,when i realized i just shot the monetary value of a new ar!
but,it was fun!
thanks,elray

Hey Elray , Someone was posting a few on the EE here . I would look around or try Numrich .

I had one and it was a complete disaster . Had to send it back right away as it wouldnt feed either type of belt. They replaced the whole feed tray and topcover . Still wouldnt run right as I think something was wrong with the gas sytem as well .

It was so FUBAR the guys at Vector said it was the first time they have ever seen one with the problems mine had.

They took it back and gave me a full refund . There customer service is second to none.

So your okay even if it doesnt work you arent out the money . It was really cool wish I had better luck with mine.    
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#9]
RPD drums & links listed in the EE:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=47&t=326803
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the heads up matt,that sucks about your rpd!
osprey,thanks for the info and tips!
ian,thats deff a cool pic.
ill post my findings after i pick it up!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
just an update,after 3 weeks of forgetting to ship.......vector sent me a lemon.
the recoil rod is bent,it wont feed any links,the charging handle slips off the bolt everytime,the hammer gets caught on the recoil tube.i got one dummy round to chamber,and it locked up,had to dissasemble it,only to find the round was scored beyond what it should have.i picked it up this friday,its sat,the thing is a pos.im really upset.i paid $2230 with 6 extra drums and pouches,and amassed 6000 rnds of wolf for my shooting sessions.im glad vector will take it back,as per there policy,but.....i think they need to pull there heads outta the anal cavity,cuz 2 other guys were going to order them at the shop,they were just waitin to see mine and get my feedback.im sure that some work,but mines a hunk o junk.i think im over cheap semi auto belt feds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]
sorry to hear you got a POS.  are you going to get a refund, or are you gonna see if they can make it work right?  i don't' have the $ to but one so i have to live vicariously through you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
im gonna go for a refund.
they say that they have a 30 day money back policy,minus shipping and 15 dollar restocking fee.
the bitch of it is i really wanted one,but now i have a bad taste for them,so id say that i wouldnt want another one or have them fix it. so ill probally roll the money over to another project,possibly the new fn 2000,or another m1a. one thing you can be sure of,ill be shopping soon!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]
i want one of these SO BAD but i have already heard 2 horror stories right here on arfcom! damn .... ill end up trying my luck anyway once i get some more cash
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#15]
i want one
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
just an update,after 3 weeks of forgetting to ship.......vector sent me a lemon.
the recoil rod is bent,it wont feed any links,the charging handle slips off the bolt everytime,the hammer gets caught on the recoil tube.i got one dummy round to chamber,and it locked up,had to dissasemble it,only to find the round was scored beyond what it should have.i picked it up this friday,its sat,the thing is a pos.im really upset.i paid $2230 with 6 extra drums and pouches,and amassed 6000 rnds of wolf for my shooting sessions.im glad vector will take it back,as per there policy,but.....i think they need to pull there heads outta the anal cavity,cuz 2 other guys were going to order them at the shop,they were just waitin to see mine and get my feedback.im sure that some work,but mines a hunk o junk.i think im over cheap semi auto belt feds.

Hey man sorry to hear it was a POS like mine was.

VECTOR did refund my money after the second trip back to them. But it was bs that they sent it back out to me still not working.

ANYONE considering buying one I would advise against it . Much better guns to spend your money on.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]
well the status is: it was shipped back to vector thu the ffl, and vectors going to issue a refund.
as MDN said,id advise not getting one,but its a free country. i talked to the mfg of another rpd,and was told an interesting story.........i tend to belive it, after my exp.

ETA: MDN,it makes me wonder,did they send me yours? sounds like the same problems
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
well the status is: it was shipped back to vector thu the ffl, and vectors going to issue a refund.
as MDN said,id advise not getting one,but its a free country. i talked to the mfg of another rpd,and was told an interesting story.........i tend to belive it, after my exp.

ETA: MDN,it makes me wonder,did they send me yours? sounds like the same problems

I would guess it sounds like the same one . I think it was 2 something . I will look for my paperwork on it tonite and im you the serial # on it.  

For the life of me I couldnt get the charging handle to chamber a round. I had 2 range attempts with 3-4 people plugging away at it with all of 30 rds being fired manually.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#19]
got my refund......all i can say,is im done with vector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top