Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 11:17:31 AM EDT
I have a little situation.

The shot show has introduced a ton of new rifle goodies and I have the money for 1 brand spanking new exotic rifle this year. I also just turned 21 and want my CCW...

Do you think I should jump on the exotics, the reasoning being the potential for new anti AW legislation down the line? By the time the new POTUS is in office I will just be getting my feet wet in my career after college. (nurse) I will have plenty of money then, but what if I can't buy any exotics? I am worried about legislation and rifles, but I am also wanting to get my CCW. I live in a good part of town and generally avoid shitty situations, but I would like to have something available to me just in case. I would like to tackle the responsibility of being an "daily" armed citizen.  

I currently have two working ARs and one half complete AR. I would still enjoy a bit of variety in the collection, hence my dillema.

Can you guys give me some advice / arguments for what you think would be the best route?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a good pistol for pretty cheap you know. So you can probably do both.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If I did get a pistol, it would retail around $500 - 700 and plus the cost of the course in TX.

I would want something of good quality for my CCW peice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
CHL, get it now. It makes gun buying easier and I firmly believe if you qualify you shoould have it. Right now I am trying to get my wife to get hers.

Just my opinion.

96Ag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top