Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 12:52:04 PM EDT
Pictures are good, of course.  How about some news.  A lot of us want to know what plans the mfg'ers have, but no one's saying anything.  Is everything "up in the air", or what?  We've heard from SIG & S&W, but nothing from FN about the ARM-L/-H.  (official word, not emails).  What about L-W, HK (handguns, at least), Glock, Colt...?  I catch comments & rumors more than straight-from-the-horse information.

What gives?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen, brother. I've been scrounging all the sites I can and there is very little info out there. The industry is doing a crappy job of advertising itself. IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If you guys would use the search function you'd find at least 10 threads (that included pictures) floating around here on the boards.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you guys would use the search function you'd find at least 10 threads (that included pictures) floating around here on the boards.

I've seen most of those threads.  Pictures are fine, but there seems to be a lack of solid information about what we can expect at the consumer level from the major firearm makers (save for SIG).  I'm particularly surprised about the lack of information coming out of FN about the civiliane-legal ARM rumors.  There's been no official report regarding whether there are any firm plans for its release.  No news concerning Glock, HK, etc.  I guess I was expecting more than pictures from these major mfg'ers.  The aftermarket makers have been up-front since before the show.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
You will be informed when the powers that be deem you worthy.

Peon.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen most of those threads.  Pictures are fine, but there seems to be a lack of solid information about what we can expect at the consumer level from the major firearm makers (save for SIG).  I'm particularly surprised about the lack of information coming out of FN about the civiliane-legal ARM rumors.  There's been no official report regarding whether there are any firm plans for its release.  No news concerning Glock, HK, etc.  I guess I was expecting more than pictures from these major mfg'ers.  The aftermarket makers have been up-front since before the show.

I felt the same way yesterday after searching these threads for about an hour and a half.  I still haven't been able to figure out if the new Sig 556 has a chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, gotcha.

Talon_Arms_R has posted some pretty good info but we'll have to wait until everyone gets back to get into the nitty-gritty details.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top