Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 8:30:23 PM EDT
i know hi point pistols have a poor reputation around here, but they're carbine is fairly well-liked, and for <$200 it's hard to go wrong.  they currently have them in 9mm and .40, and i had heard talk that a .45 version had been in development for quite some time.  i emailed hi-point and got this response:

"We expect to start delivery of the carbine in .45acp caliber hopefully during the first quarter of 2006 (this is what we have been told), so look for them to be on the dealers' shelves sometime late March or early April.  There had been some "accuracy bugs" that were worked out, so that's one of the reasons for the release delay. They were in dual development with the 40 S&W for a few years now. We are pleased with the final results of the .45acp which has been in the testing stage for quite some time."

i think i'll probably pick one up, i'm sure it will be no CX4 storm but then again it only costs 1/4 to 1/3 as much.  does anyone have any thoughts/experience with the 9mm or .40 versions?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Theyve been saying this for close to two years now. I want one, but will believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one.  I've got their .45ACP, just bought it to SEE for myself.  It's not that bad of a pistol IMHO, but for what it cost......
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
A buddy of mine bought the 9mm carbine. When I first shot it I said I'd buy one when they make it in .45. I've been wanting a .45 carbine for a very long time, even before their 9mm carbine.

And if they keep the price to $200 or so I'll jump on it.

And then I'll start seeing if I could cobble it to take Grease Gun magazines. Would have to chuck the pistol grip and make a new one, if they use the same pattern as their 9mm carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top