Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 5:31:36 PM EDT
A friend gave me this Mac11 barrel to see if I could make him another one out of a barrel blank. The original had suffered a squib round and had about 8-9 bullets jammed inside of it. I think there were various rounds fired through it but Im not sure.

I was going to mill a cutaway to see the damage but gave it to one of my coworkers to wire EDM it instead. I thought Id share a pic of the damage.

You can see the cutout section is stil intact as well which wouldnt have been the case if it were milled.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW

Sean
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy!  wow, that is indeed awesome....pictrues...very bad for the gun, but the pictures are cool.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Was that full auto or semi?

Thanks for the pics.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thanks for the pics.

full auto
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
whoa!  That is a nice surface plate.  The bbl. cutout is sweet also.  

Someone teach me EDM -- I have electricity and wire!  

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the pics.

full auto

I would hope so, or they kept firing squib after squib.  

Crazy pictures....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#8]
That's pretty wild.  Here's a link to the original story.  Plugged Barrel

So you're buddies with #93?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#9]
That is cool and tragic at the same time! (The cool thing being the EDM process)

I was working at a gunshop many years ago. A guy brought in a Ruger GP100 that was "locked" up. Had a squib round that just made it in the forcing cone. He had fired 3 rounds prior- none hitting his target. Upon further inspection, the first was a squib. The rest "stacked" on top of the first! (similar to above). This was his first and only attempt at reloading........... WAY underpowered loads.
  Customers reloading equipment was traded for the work to get his revolver back to running.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's pretty wild.  Here's a link to the original story.  Plugged Barrel

So you're buddies with #93?  

Weve shot and camped together at the local shoots and hes a real stand up guy. I consider him a friend.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Weve shot and camped together at the local shoots and hes a real stand up guy. I consider him a friend.

Cool.  I enjoy reading his posts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top