Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 12:05:33 PM EDT
With all the talk about the Glock Kabooms, are people still willing to bet their life on 'em?  I know the local PD uses glock exclusively

I had one, A G23, and I thought it was a very well made pistol.  One jam in about 1000 rounds, defective round.

Thinking of getting another one for CCW.

If this is a dupe, feel free to enlighten me.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
here we go again. I think Glocks are okay, I own a G-21 and love it. I also love my 1911's. The Glock has gone boom every time I wanted it to.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
sure--just remember, its one of the (if not the most) used brand of HG in the US (over 4.5M i believe) so there are going to be a few more kBs if only b/c there are more to the ratio

besides, i think that most of it is hype--snowballed by the net

as you may well know though, the glock 40sw models are more prone to kBs ( i also heard that the .45s are too...) due to a un-fully supported chamber

www.glockfaq.com/reloading.htm

i would get any glock model and trust my life to it.....get one
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
So reliable I would bet my life on one
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
there's so reliable I would bet twonami's life on one, assuming I was standing next to twonami in order to metaphorically subject myself to a similar and hypothetical risk level of rumored design flaws to mysteriously cultivate spontaneous detonation and subsequent physical relocation of said individual, thus proving my stance on how reliable they really are.

hope that helps
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
there's so reliable I would bet twonami's life on one, assuming I was standing next to twonami in order to metaphorically subject myself to a similar risk level of spontaneous detonation and physical relocation of said individual, thus proving my stance on how reliable they really are.

hope that helps

no fair using me as a buffer
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
there's so reliable I would bet twonami's life on one, assuming I was standing next to twonami in order to metaphorically subject myself to a similar risk level of spontaneous detonation and physical relocation of said individual, thus proving my stance on how reliable they really are.

hope that helps

It'd only hurt for a minute
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hope that helps

I'm taking my ball and going home.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't like the trigger pull and grip angle...

When the trigger has a competition job, the pistol for me become a bit more "bearable"...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hope that helps

I'm taking my ballGlock and going home.

semantics
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't like the trigger pull and grip angle...

When the trigger has a competition job, the pistol for me become a bit more "bearable"...

Same here.
I prefer the Hi Power or 1911.
That said, they are utterly reliable and accurate.
So...it all comes down to personal preference, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Glocks are awesome. They get more right than wrong compared to any other gun maker. My CCW for 3 years has been a G19
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Great guns, and I trust them. I have only seen one kaboom, and it was due to a asshat trying to shoot a squib out of the barrel.... His reloads.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Great guns, and I trust them. I have only seen one kaboom, and it was due to a asshat trying to shoot a squib out of the barrel.... His reloads.

The idiocy of people never ceases to amuse me
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I like em.  They do have a crappy trigger pull when compared to 1911's or other single action pistols but they're plenty accurate for their intended purpose.  There's nothing sexy about them, they're actually pretty ugly but the benefit there is that you don't have to worry about getting them scratched up.

I currently own three and have had up to seven at one time.  That's what my Department issues me and I wouldn't prefer to carry anything else.  I've owned nice 1911's, Sigs and an H&K and for my purposes, I still prefer the GLOCK.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:45:38 PM EDT
[#15]
They rock.   Check out the tourture test on the handgun forum.  You will be impressed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#16]
crappy trigger
horrible sights
un-natural grip angle
Kaboom Kaboom Kaboom.

The local PD's EVERYWHERE use them for the following reasons:

1.  Cost
2.  Cost
3.  Cost
4.  Idiot Factor
5.  Cost
6.  Cost

Did I mention cost?  You get what you pay for.  I'm not saying they don't go Kaboom ever time you pull the crappy trigger while, somehow managing to sight it thru horrible sights and broken wrist re-set incorrectly by a third world witch doctor, grip angle.  
Say it again,.......you get what you pay for.   If I wanted a Kel Tec then I would buy one.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I have been carrying one for 12 years. I have a G21 for duty and a G36 for personal carry. I can not say they are hands down the best guns. I personally like the Kimbers. They are the best combat pistols. Reliable, simple and hard to break.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have a Glock .45? how do you like it? I have been looking at these and hear alot of good things about them
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Anyone have a Glock .45? how do you like it? I have been looking at these and hear alot of good things about them

They kick ass but the grip is on the large side. The 10mm which is the same size is one of my favorite guns
ETA: or did you mean the .45GAP
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought my first Glock in 1988, a couple more since then, thousands of rounds (all types) through each, no problemo.

Kaboom Kaboom Kaboom ?  Blah.. Blah.. Blah!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Never had any issue with mine, highly recommend them. Also recommend getting the Hogue grip for it, but then again I put that on everything I shoot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#22]
.45 ACP.............although a 10mm sounds pretty damn enticing as well

Quoted:

Quoted:

They kick ass but the grip is on the large side. The 10mm which is the same size is one of my favorite guns
ETA: or did you mean the .45GAP

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So reliable I would bet my life on one

yeah what he said!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
crappy trigger
horrible sights
un-natural grip angle
Kaboom Kaboom Kaboom.

1.  Cost
2.  Cost
3.  Cost
4.  Idiot Factor
5.  Cost
6.  Cost

Did I mention cost?  You get what you pay for.  I'm not saying they don't go Kaboom ever time you pull the crappy trigger while, somehow managing to sight it thru horrible sights and broken wrist re-set incorrectly by a third world witch doctor, grip angle.  
Say it again,.......you get what you pay for.   If I wanted a Kel Tec then I would buy one.  

forgot to mention that they are the most reliable semi out there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#25]
G26 CCW, thousands of rounds, no problems.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate both of mine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
crappy trigger
horrible sights
un-natural grip angle
Kaboom Kaboom Kaboom.

1.  Cost
2.  Cost
3.  Cost
4.  Idiot Factor
5.  Cost
6.  Cost

forgot to mention that they are the most reliable semi out there.

this is just my part to harrass the gLock crowd.  No offense meant.
gLocks are ever bit equal to Makarovs, Lorcin, WASR's and anything Century
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Glocks= Best handguns ever.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I think most Police Dept's will be moving to the GLOCK 7.  
This is the only model where there has NEVER been a documented case of KB.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#30]

edited b/c i am an idiot
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me! You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines, and it cost more than you make here in a month."
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Love em!

Never had a problem with any of the ones I've owned.  Had several thousand rounds through my Glock 36 before it started jamming.  Glock sent a brand new recoil spring (free of charge) and worked pefectly again.  I trust it with my life, and that really says a lot.

-MEI

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#33]
G22 with about 1000 rounds through it in the first year I owned it.

G36 with about 500 rounds and the take down pin spring broke, waiting on parts as we speak

I love my glocks, and hardly ever shoot my P229 and never carry it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Glock 17, Glock 19.....
How many rounds?
Don't even ask, I quit counting the cases of ammo 10 years ago.
Just bought another Glock 17 2 weeks ago with an olive drab frame. Cause it's perty!
And now I'm saving my pennys so I can get a olive drab 19. Got to wait till the wife gets re-employeed though.

Heres a link for your reading pleasure.
www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=02d0778d684623d12182a92c0d2e412e&threadid=283479
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I bet my life on one damn near everyday, on duty and off, Glock number 2 is enroute G37 in .45 GAP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Look Glocks are a good safe and dependable firearm.  Some like some do not.  I have carried a glock 22 for seven years and have thousands of rounds through it.  I bet my life everyday I work on it.  Simply find what works for you and buy it.

PS

Some people like the almost 100 year old designs and others like the 25 year old designs.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Love it.  Got 3.

No complaints.

Max
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#38]
some one needs to find bigbore's glock 21 post and post it in here.

then all the glock haters can shut it.

first handgun i fired was a glock 17 9mm range gun fired 200 rounds no problem.

they told me there it has seen probaly 10000 to 15000 rnds through it.

still was very accurate.

guess what my first handgun is going to be g17 then g19.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

still was very accurate.

Ask and it will be done
Bigbores Glock torture testing (Glock haters STFU)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#40]
During the course of a year I purchased five Glocks. 2 G22's, 1 G19, 1 G36 and a G30.

The G22's and G19 performed flawlessly but the G30 and 36 had a bad habit of FTF because of light firing pin strikes.

Sold them all the same year.

I decided that if I could not buy a stock pistol and spend two thousand dollars personalizing it, then it just was not worth owning.

Just a hopeless custom 1911 man I guess.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me! You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines, and it cost more than you make here in a month."

I haven't heard that one in a while!

Sig worthy!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Hope to get a Glock 30 someday...that is the best min-gun I ever fired. Glocks are good, solid weapons...however having said that, I prefer SIGS...and after extensive testing, the US military found them to be unreliable and not idiot proof. By unreliable I mean only by a very small percentile % as compared to SIG and HK and Beretta...very small, but it was enough to nix them from serious consideration. By idiot proof...you know grunts and snuffies! That "safety thing" there just won't cut it with the troopers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

still was very accurate.

Ask and it will be done
Bigbores Glock torture testing (Glock haters STFU)

twonami ty for finding it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#44]
yea.......Glocks suck. They bang out groups like this all day long at 25yds.........picked up the 21 after reading BB's post......
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#45]
I have six of them ... all relaible and plenty accurate. I have three of them in competition(IPSC). Only problem  I ever had was with my Glock 21. After about 1000rnds, my firing pin spring took a crap. It was noticably shorter than its replacement. Now it has been running without a hitch for several thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
crappy trigger
horrible sights
un-natural grip angle
Kaboom Kaboom Kaboom.

1.  Cost
2.  Cost
3.  Cost
4.  Idiot Factor
5.  Cost
6.  Cost

Once again ignorance rears it's ugly head.  That said I've carried a G17 on duty for the last 11 years and it has never failed me, not once.  We'll soon change to G22's and my trust will not change.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Q: So whats the general consensus about the Glocks now...

A: They work and hit where you point them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top