Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 6:30:31 PM EDT
Anybody try it?  Did your baby garand blow up?  did the earth tremble?  

Did it perform flawlessly?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently fired around 1k of Wolf 7.62x33 .30 Carbine out of a M2 and it worked flawlessly. There were no problems of any kind, typical Wolf....effective, reliable, cheap. I doubt I will ever shoot any .30 Carbine that isnt Wolf....

This was my last hunting season with my black lab, as she is getting up there in age. She is a great friend and might as well be one of the kids.....losing her will be rough. Anyways, I feel for you and Im sorry about your loss. Best Wishes....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Feb. issue of Small Arms Review gave Wolf .30 Carbine ammo a good review.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I recently fired around 1k of Wolf 7.62x33 .30 Carbine out of a M2 and it worked flawlessly. There were no problems of any kind, typical Wolf....effective, reliable, cheap. I doubt I will ever shoot any .30 Carbine that isnt Wolf....

This was my last hunting season with my black lab, as she is getting up there in age. She is a great friend and might as well be one of the kids.....losing her will be rough. Anyways, I feel for you and Im sorry about your loss. Best Wishes....

Thanks for the review, and the kind words.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I ran a couple hundred rounds through one of my carbines, and my GF even bump fired a few mags worth, with no problems. I'd use it again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought some for my Dad a while back and he now brings his Carbine out to my range in the country.  We've put about 600 of them through his carbine without a hickup.  To my surprise, its purty accurate too!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:34:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I shot a couple mags of it, that a friend gave me. Seemed fine, functioned flawlessly.

The only burning question tho is, why waste the money? For the same price or damn close you can get S&B, Aguila or surp .30 carbine that's in reloadable brass cases.

In other calibers (.223, 762x39) Wolf makes all the sense in the world, but not .30 Carbine. It's not cheap enough to fuck around with, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#7]

For the same price or damn close you can get S&B, Aguila or surp .30 carbine

Sorry for being argumentative here, but The Wolf stuff runs about half to 2/3 the price of the others that I can find, and good luck finding surplus.  The surplus carbine ammo ran dry quite a few years ago.

If Wolf performs just as well, then why not?  Don't give me that barrel wear argument.  30 Carb. is not a very "hot" round and I can't imagine wearing out a Carbine barrel in one's lifetime with the stuff.

So why "waste the money" on S&B or Aguila?  

Posted with all due respect

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

For the same price or damn close you can get S&B, Aguila or surp .30 carbine

Sorry for being argumentative here, but The Wolf stuff runs about half to 2/3 the price of the others that I can find, and good luck finding surplus.  The surplus carbine ammo ran dry quite a few years ago.

If Wolf performs just as well, then why not?  Don't give me that barrel wear argument.  30 Carb. is not a very "hot" round and I can't imagine wearing out a Carbine barrel in one's lifetime with the stuff.

So why "waste the money" on S&B or Aguila?  

Posted with all due respect

I'm not arguing with you, I shoot Wolf like it's going out of style....just not in .30 carbine.

I haven't found it much cheaper than brass cased - not enough to justify it. For me, a reloader, having that brass means the next round of loaded ammo cost $.07 instead of $.10, so it makes a HUGE difference when looked at over the next 3000 rounds.

I find brass cased for about $9 a box of 50. Aim has S&B for $9.25 in bulk. SG has it for $9.50 with the club discount, Midway has it for $9 something if you have a C&R.

Where can you get Wolf for considerably less than that? Everywhere I've seen, it's only .50 cheaper at best. Still not enough for me to justify throwing all those cases away.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Feb. issue of Small Arms Review gave Wolf .30 Carbine ammo a good review.

+1.  I just got my copy and was checking in here to see what everyone else was saying.

If the price is right, I just may have to buy some to put my Inland back in the rotation.

(I'm saving my 1 can of LC in bandoliers for shtf)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I definately see your point for reloaders.  I reload too and brass is very expensive.  Although I don't generally reload for autoloaders.  I was gonna look up a bunch of prices and argue with a bunch of math.  But I think both veiws are vallad, depending on the individuals circumstance, so whats the point?

So just for what its worth, heres where I get mine:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=srchdx&id=0031372215695a&navCount=1&podId=0031372&parentId=cat20839&navAction=push&catalogCode=IG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20839&hasJS=true
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I have used about 2k of the .30 cal in my winchester M1 Carbine.
No issues to report. I found it at $7.99 at Cheaper than Dirt. Cabela's wanted almost $10 a box
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top