Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 10:00:46 PM EDT
So I just got myself a nice big gun safe. Now I need a few things to go along with it.

I will of course get a golden rod, but one thing I have noticed is it's dark inside the safe! What should I use for a good battery operated touch light that would perhaps stick to the side/ceiling of my safe?

Another thing is the numbers on the dial lock are hard to read, especially in dim light. Is there some kind of small led that I could stick right above the dial? Any suggestions for this?

So we all know safes arent fire proof. I have some extremely important and valuable documents that I store. Is there some kind of small box I could get that would allow me to organize these papers, and most importantly, provide additional fire/water protection?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
LED Light
Another light
Here are two ideas for safe lights. You can keep a small LED flashlight on top of the safe to help you see the dial numbers. Walmart and Lowes sell fire proof boxes that can hold important papers and are small enough to store in a safe. A few ideas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
rope light at lowes or home depot....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top