User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Yugoslav%20Stuff/YugoslavStG-44.jpg
As you can see no weapons cases but they're really not needed.  I jump exposed all the time (M16/M4/FAL).  Just put on a muzzle cap or tape the muzzle.  Notice the second guy, who is being helped rigging his waist band.  It appears to be a underfolding stocked RPK.  Just need to do your Parachute Landing Fall (PLF) on the other side.

Don't know what happened to the MP44 in my pictures.  Came back to Iraq and it was gone from the other battalion.

CD

Yeah, but still.  A PLF to the right and you've got some broken bones, and if not, you might have a broken weapon.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I know most so-called firearm enthusiasts scoff at the idea of owning an airsoft replica, but Shoei of Japan makes excellent (if not VERY EXPENSIVE) firing and non-firing versions of the StG-44.  www.classicairsoft.net/images/MP44/index.htm.  It's a great option for those who need to round out thier Axis firearm collection.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
why not make one in 223 or 6.8 that uses modified AR mags?  Also,  I've seen semi MG34s and MG42s in 308.  What would be wrong with making an StG-44 in an alternative caliber? \

ETA: They could mill the upper reciever from billet steel, and the lower from billet aluminum.  The lower could be manufactured to accept HK53 FCG.  They could use modified ar15 mags and be in 223.  It does have a wierd bolt/carrier/gas piston system.   Also,   how does the barrel attach?  I've never seen pics of the inside of the reciever.  Are there any blue prints of this gun around? It would be cool to have some.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
why not make one in 223 or 6.8 that uses modified AR mags?  Also,  I've seen semi MG34s and MG42s in 308.  What would be wrong with making an StG-44 in an alternative caliber?

Modern materials could make it substantially ligher, couldn't they?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, if they make airsoft STG's, someone ought to be able to make real ones almost as easily.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
why not make one in 223 or 6.8 that uses modified AR mags?  Also,  I've seen semi MG34s and MG42s in 308.  What would be wrong with making an StG-44 in an alternative caliber?

Modern materials could make it substantially ligher, couldn't they?

Then it wouldn't be a StG-44...............it would be something else, like an AKM or a HK 93.

It just seems easier to mill it out of aluminum or steel than to stamp it out of seel. A milled steel would be the wieght of a tank,  so aluminum seems the way to go, at least for the trigger housing.  What kind of money/capitol does it take to start building a gun?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
amazed at the info. thanks guys for the history lesson.........
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
how did I miss this one

tag
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:05:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I know most so-called firearm enthusiasts scoff at the idea of owning an airsoft replica, but Shoei of Japan makes excellent (if not VERY EXPENSIVE) firing and non-firing versions of the StG-44.  www.classicairsoft.net/images/MP44/index.htm.  It's a great option for those who need to round out thier Axis firearm collection.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

staratari.home.comcast.net/airsoft2.gif

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As you can see no weapons cases but they're really not needed.  I jump exposed all the time (M16/M4/FAL).  Just put on a muzzle cap or tape the muzzle.  Notice the second guy, who is being helped rigging his waist band.  It appears to be a underfolding stocked RPK.  Just need to do your Parachute Landing Fall (PLF) on the other side.

Don't know what happened to the MP44 in my pictures.  Came back to Iraq and it was gone from the other battalion.

CD

Yeah, but still.  A PLF to the right and you've got some broken bones, and if not, you might have a broken weapon.

When's the last time you jumped a weapon in a 1950? You land on that, it still hurts.. As for a broken weapon, if your weapon breaks over that, you need to find a new one anyway.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CD

When's the last time you jumped a weapon in a 1950? You land on that, it still hurts.. As for a broken weapon, if your weapon breaks over that, you need to find a new one anyway.

About a year ago.  At least with the 1950 weapons case it's on an axis so it can flop around in any direction.  I did a left PLF with the 1950 case and I didn't even notice it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#15]

It just seems easier to mill it out of aluminum or steel than to stamp it out of seel.

When made in large numbers, stamping is significantly less costly than milling/machining. See my earlier threads.

While this is a fascinating and historically significant firearm, any newly made versions would have to be as close to the original design as possible to have nostalgic value.

It has no practical value, when compared to more modern designs like the AK or AR.

What practical advantage would a 7.62x39 MP44 have over a semi AK? Are you going to win an IPSC 3-Gun match with it?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It just seems easier to mill it out of aluminum or steel than to stamp it out of seel.

When made in large numbers, stamping is significantly less costly than milling/machining. See my earlier threads.

While this is a fascinating and historically significant firearm, any newly made versions would have to be as close to the original design as possible to have nostalgic value.

It has no practical value, when compared to more modern designs like the AK or AR.

What practical advantage would a 7.62x39 MP44 have over a semi AK? Are you going to win an IPSC 3-Gun match with it?

You do realize all three of these designs came out within 15 years of each other.....

Is it practical?  No
Is it a neat idea?  Yes
Do I want one?   Hell ya
Does that mean it will happen?  Probably not

But damnit, I can dream too.........
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought about a full-auto one, but they are 14k, the ammo is expensive and the spare parts are non-existent!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I thought about a full-auto one, but they are 14k, the ammo is expensive and the spare parts are non-existent!

My boss just sold a complete parts kit for $1k. It was in great shape. The functional rifle is immaculate.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top