Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Who in their right mind actually wants a mini-14/30?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I own a 10/22 thats it.

Probaly will be the only Ruger I ever own.

+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I own a 10/22 thats it.

Probaly will be the only Ruger I ever own.

+ yet another.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Has Ruger officially announced that they wont be producing folders etc?, or  is just somebody who works in sales who might be misinformed?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell, Benelli isn't going to sell their M-1014 shotgun with the telestock to civilians either. Lets give them hell too!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck anybody who doesnt support freedom, and that goes for Ruger too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They couldnt get the P85 done in time for the last handgun recompete, (the one where Beretta won).

P85 is strong as hell, but also ugly as hell.  

Every Ruger weapon I've seen has at least one simple flaw in it:

P85/89 family : Bad mag release
10/22: Bad mag release
Mini14: Bad mag release, barrel whip
Mark2: Bad mag release, a nightmare to field strip and reassemble.

anyone else want to chime in here??

I have 3 rugers and not ashamed of them:
1) Mk II stainless bull barrel .22
2) 10/22 stainless
3) P94

the MkII is picky on what ammo you feed it, the other 2 guns have been flawless

that being said, there's nothing else in the ruger catalogue that gets me excited.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
[Samuel Jackson] HELL YES I'M GLAD HE'S DEAD, AND I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL! [Samuel Jackson]

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Apparently RUGER is playing the "responsible gun manuf. CARD".    They are buying into the whole,  image is everthing bullsh!t because frivilous litigation pays . The company had potential but they don't want to dirty up their image with combatic looking type weapons . In essence they are comfortable with their share of the market ....Please chime in    

You are correct, so what's your point?

The goal of business is to make money and you can only do that by staying in business. They have a  very successful business and apparently know how to make money. The fact that they market to the sporting firearms trade and law enforcement is good business for them. That makes them neither good nor bad.

I don't hear people ragging on Remington or Browning because they don't make 20 round mags for there semi auto rifes. Or because those rifles weren't made to  hold a M14 or FN FAL mag. I don't hear people bitching about Winchester for not making an assault rifle.

+1
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I own :
GP-100 4" stainless .357 revolver. Looking to buy another.
Redhawk 7.5" stainless .45 LC revolver. Looking to buy another.
Mini-14 stainless with choate side folder. My father's only rifle and home defense gun.
10/22 pimped up with Butler Creek Carbon barrel, bipod target stock and 25 rd Hot lips magazines with a Simmons 4x12x40 scope. Cover the fifty yard groups from cci green tag with a quarter. My wife's remote surgery tool for stray varmints of the two legged variety if the SAR2 isn't handy.
My department authorizes the GP=100 in .38 and the Mini-14. I admit I'm no big fan of that carbine but if the choice was a mini or nothing...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#11]
What exactly are you upset about?

That they wont make a folding stock for a POS rifle??

So what?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The wierd thing is that Ruger doesn't have any .gov contract base like Colt.

Ruger and S&W used to be the kings of the police revolver market

Neither developed a replacement 'major' market, and both are stuck with medeocre autoloading handguns, their old obselete revolvers, and a few less-than-popular longarms...

Oh yeah, both are famous for their .22 pistols...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Gosh...tough crowd here...

I own 2 rugers, a 6"GP-100 SS and a MK-II...I would say I got a lot of "bang for the buck" and plan to keep them until they're wore out.  That probably means my kids will inherit them.

Ruger makes good guns.  No, my GP-100 does not have the smooth trigger or refined look of a Colt or S&W...but it didn't have the price of a Colt or S&W either.  My MK-II is a bitch to field strip, but I bought it because I thought the Brownings looked very fragile in comparison.  One of the Brownings at my local Gander Mountain had a broken front sight--and it was brand new!!!

Let's be fair here, folks.  Ruger makes good guns.  And lets be respectful of the dead.  Old Bill Ruger may have made some wrong decisions (or at least some that we don't agree with) but he also a more successful man than most of the people here who are demonizing him, and he spent a lifetime making quality products at good prices.

I do hope Ruger Mfg. changes it's position on high cap mags for Mini-14's.  I, for one, would buy a Mini if I knew I could get a ready supply of Ruger 20-rounders to go with it.  Are you listening, Ruger?  IF YOU WANT TO SELL MINI-14's, YOU HAVE TO SELL HIGH CAP MINI MAGS!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I own quite a few rugers...

Mini 14/ranch rifle, with a older factory folder

Security 6 with a six inch barrel

10/22

M-77 in .243

This is an artifact of my father and father in law having liked Ruger more than my own personal choices.  But to be honest they are all good to great guns.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm bashing their design, not the functionality as much.

My P89 works like a champ, never jams, will probably last forever.

What I hate is the mag release on it.

As for the folding stocks, I've yet to find one aftermarket folding stock that doesn't look like cheap crap.

Butler Creek.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Fuck anybody who doesnt support freedom, and that goes for Ruger too.

So, I guess you won't buy a Glock either?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The wierd thing is that Ruger doesn't have any .gov contract base like Colt.

Ruger and S&W used to be the kings of the police revolver market

Neither developed a replacement 'major' market, and both are stuck with medeocre autoloading handguns, their old obselete revolvers, and a few less-than-popular longarms...

Oh yeah, both are famous for their .22 pistols...

Mediocre autoloading handguns?  Did someone tell you that?  Obviously you have no first hand experience.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Not a Ruger owner.  When I was looking for my first handgun, they were recommended, but I refused on principle.  Bought a 1911 instead, couldn't be happier.

Hell, if I buy a 10/22, it'll at least be a USED 10/22 so my money ain't going directly to Ruger.

+1
William Batterman Ruger is the devil.

Quoted:
I own a 10/22 thats it.

Probaly will be the only Ruger I ever own

I was lucky enough to meet a beautiful young lady who happened to already have a 10/22

And I don't think it's so much about being upset for them not remanufacturing their evil stuff, to me anyway.  It's that Bill Ruger told the press that he thought handgun capacities above 15 rds were sooo evil, when it was clearly a ploy to eliminate Glock from competing against his inferior handgun.  It's not good business, it's underhanded political deception with complete disregard for what it might have done to law-abiding gun owners' rights.  Fuck that company and all it stands for.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey! Any of you dumbasses that suddenly decided they despise Ruger now because of this post want to sell me any of your Rugers dirt cheap? Somebody already lied and said "you pay a premium for some Rugers and their resale value is shit". That's total bullshit.

Ruger makes great guns, I'll put my Ruger P94 .40 up against any handgun made as far as reliability goes. And before anybody starts talking some accuracy non-sense, a handguns main purpose is close quaters action so I don't care about being able to hit a beer can at 50 yards, I want a handgun that works. My Ruger P94 has never malfunctioned once in 6 years.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Fuck Ruger.

+1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top