Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 10:40:13 PM EDT
I have a gun storage facility [LOCKED CONTAINED/SAFE size way TOO SMALL] I now find myself cleaning/thinning out the heard rather than just buying more secure space. I have a friend* who lives in a remote/rural area w/a whole minimum sized ,--> independant bld. 60' x 36' barn like SECURE storage area{heaveanon earth}. I got a limited area apt. living area..........I'm selling gunz to accomadate space for safe's  designated expectant storage space 8/10 gunz ..... I sold A Mossy 500A/w 2 barrels-> one, 18.5", one 24"ribbed in 100% cond @ 150.00. I HAD TO, Any links to new APT size FUN safes @ a reasonable cost? Or should I wait for the end of the season? I've found a wealth of knowledge here.....anyone else in this prediciment?THANKS!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you need to look at wal-mart/costco/sam's club for Stak-On safes...not vault-like, but secure storage & lightweight for apt living.  I believe Cabella's also handles them.

-hanko
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like you need to look at wal-mart/costco/sam's club for Stak-On safes...not vault-like, but secure storage & lightweight for apt living.  I believe Cabella's also handles them.

-hanko

What he said.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Just look at the 24 inch wide Sentry models that wal-mart has.....................fire lined,priced right get 2 off them,easer to move than a 36 or anything bigger...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys thats what I told him too, end of season WW has some nice APT. sized stuff on cleareance !!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the input guys....I guess I'll just wait for the after xmas(when WW starts spring SALES) and get a 300.00 dollar item for 109.00
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]
This isn't a great option but its an option, take your long guns, pull the bolts, lock them in the safe, then store the rest of the gun under your bed in as many parts as you can disassemble them. Code the parts and mix them up. Bad guys want a quick grab and sale. Not worth it to mess with parts.

rk
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]
For about $200 you can get a good sized jobsite tool chest.  They're a bit heavier construction and thicker steel than the low end Stack-On steel gun cabinets.  Check out the link for a pic of what I mean.  deltastorage.com/root/jobox_jobsite.html
I haven't seen the Delta brand at any of my local hardware stores, but they have very similar type boxes, and for slightly more than the price of two of the $89 Stack-on's you'll get about the same amount of storage space in a stronger steel box.  Now, I'm sure a jobsite box is going to stand out like a sore thumb in your apartment, but if you're handy, you can dress it up with some wood paneling and paint to look like a large table or TV stand.  It certainly won't look like something from Ligne-Roset, but remember, if its disguised enough so they don't recognize it as a safe or a container for valuables, they're not even going to try breaking it open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top