Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/8/2003 2:31:11 PM EDT
went to the gun shop last week and got a auto ordnance 1911. we where shooting it and not even 20 rounds and the front sight is gone we are going to send it back and get them to put a new sight on and hopefully this one will make it to 30 rounds......

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:46:41 PM EDT
Front site is staked on , happens a lot ,if they aren't staked properly, once it is fixed most likely will never happen again.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:29:36 PM EDT
Funny thing about Auto Ordnances, I've seen 3 in the local pawnshop, 2 w/out front sights! I guess now I know!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:34:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Juell:
Funny thing about Auto Ordnances, I've seen 3 in the local pawnshop, 2 w/out front sights! I guess now I know!

well thats not a good sighn.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:30:17 PM EDT
Dont trust an old used car with a working clock. This is an old proverb. As Cyanide stated, the staked on front sight fell off. No big deal. Fell off my colt too. If this is your first 1911, Dont feel too bad if it finds a bad mag or two for you also. I should think having a new sight sent to you and a local smith anchor it on for you will be easier than sending off your weapon and save shipping as well. good shooting.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:27:15 PM EDT
my dad called auto ordnance and they said they will pay for the shiping. its going out on next day air or something.
Top Top