Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 5:33:29 PM EDT
I saw this mentioned on the GD forum...what would you suggest in building less expensive yet GI model Garand? There's a gunshow coming in 2 weeks...they will have Garands there for $1,500 to $800..I do not want to spend that kind of money. What do you suggest? I would to to have a 1940's receiver...if possible.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest www.odcmp.com see the M1 rifle sales page. For as little as $350.00, you can get a genuine G.I. M1 that was returned from Denmark.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Building really won't save you too much money in the end, besides the part kits are very very hard to find these days and the only website that offers them is about $200 over priced and will sit on your order for months at a time before processing it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, CMP...!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
FAC has barreled receivers, or they did two  weeks ago (Winchester's if memory serves me) for $150 or so.  Then you would need the parts kit.  Wholesale Guns has "very nice condition" parts kits for $219.  For about $400 you would have everything you needed w/ a spare barrel.

Hope that helps.

Brad
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys...I might go the CMP route...or if I can find a nice at the funshow. I'm gettin' one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top