Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2003 7:19:08 PM EDT
Can they be?

I've got a Mannlicher in .243 with a flip up scope mount that I got from an old family friend. Thing is in great shape (man. 1962), and has a Weaver K4 scope on it. Even has a nice set trigger.

Would love to see what this thing can do, but it seemed like the scope moves around a when in the upright position.

I just messed with it a bit tonight, and all the screws are tight. Can't find the right size allen wrench for it yet, but will check those tomorrow.

I did take the screw loose on the actual metal piece that catches the knob that sticks down from the top of the scope mount to hold it in place. And that seemed to tighten it up a bit.

But before I waste too much ammo ( I don't reload, so it can get expensive), I'm wondering if there are any other things I can do to make it a sturdy scope mount?

Or is it a cheesy design? Feel free and let me know if I'm just pissing in the wind here and just need to use the irons (what a bummer that will be).

Can take pictures if that would help.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to see pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top