Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 12:16:11 PM EDT
I'm looking for the top, side(2nd one), and bottom rails for a CX4 Storm. Anybody know where I can get them from????

Paraord16

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm assuming you already have a CX4...

How do you like it?  I'm dying to get my hands on one - haven't seen one "in person" yet...
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What are these going for? I've seen them in two shops now, for about $650.00. I'm wondering what the list price is and if that is out of line.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine last Sunday, paid $549.00 plus 6% to the governor.  Bought it at a Sportsman's Warehouse here in Idaho.  I don't think we have the mark-up here that a lot of larger cities have.

Havn't had a chance to shoot it yet.  I've field stripped and cleaned it.  Very easy to do.  Seems to be a pretty solidly built carbine.  The directions are clear about switching the cocking and ejecting to the opposite sides.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I work at a gun store here in Texas, and we just got a 9mm.  It may not hit the shelves before it goes home with me.  Invoice price from the warehouse was $585 - so if the owner is in a good mood I won't pay much more.  I'm also looking for the top rail - my biggest bitch after looking at the gun is the sights - they're okay, but it NEEDS a red dot type optic.  If anyone knows where to get the top rail, let me know - I'll keep searching the bowels of the gun warehouses to see if I can find one...

Tanker
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
i just picked mine up yesterday from sportsman's warehouse here in oregon. $585. haven't fired it yet. but it's SWEET. as for accessories, here's what Beretta wrote back...

Dear Customer,

In answer to your questions -- Unfortunately due to the newness of the Model accessories are not yet available -- According to the information that we have available we are looking at 2004 -- Hopefully we will be able
to assist you at that time

We appreciate your continued interest in the Beretta product line and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us

Best Regards,
Beretta USA

more specifically, on berettaforum.net, someone said APRIL 2004. so i guess we have a few months before any of those accessories, like the top rail picatinny, are going to be available. major bummer. this is one rifle that's in desparate need of a red dot sight. i've got an OKO just waiting for it. i can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I got one on Saturday...it was on his shelf for only hours...I felt lucky. I paid full retail of $599.95.

I want to know....do 96 10rd mags function with 15 (or so) 9mm in the 92? I have done this  with my XD9 (with XD40 mags) and it works flawlessy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
April?!?!?! Jesus, i was gonna go pick one up here pretty soon but i have to wait till april to get a rail for it? Oh well, i guess i could just duct tape an Aimpoint to it.

Digital
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
alright, i went to the range this weekend and broke in the Cx4 Storm. long story short [in the voice of eric cartman] it shoots "SWEEEET!!" almost NO recoil. and at 15 yards, right out of the box, it was hitting bullseye no problem. initially shot slightly low - about an inch. i think this is the coolest gun i now own, and that's really saying something. how's everyone else's Storms handling so far?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
NICE! I so want one now!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#10]
As far as the accessories go, all Beretta will say is they will be available to the public during the first quarter of 2004.  The big issue with the top picatinny is the number of holes on the receiver.  It appears that most if not all Storms were shipped with only one mounting hole on the receiver vice 3.  The offical policy now is when you purchase the upper Picatinny it comes with all instructions and materials for you to drill the holes, without negating the warranty.  We'll have to wait and see.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#11]
There are 2 spots on the top of my gun..near the back..that look like there could be inserts under the plastic??? I wasn't smokin crack or anything, does anyone else see this?

Maybe that is the location for the other holes.

I put 5o rounds through mine with Walmart Winchester...works like a dream. The trigger is a little stiff...getting better already. Also a bit stiff to cock....(Did I just use stiff and cock in the same sentence?) Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Did you find the rail under the front?  Push up (in) the front sling stud and pull out (forward) the piece under the barrel.  Suitable for a light.

I handled one in the shop yesterday and it felt so natural as I pulled it up to my shoulder.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered 5 of these....I get to add mag catch slots.

http://store.yahoo.com/cdnn/ber92eur9mm3.html

Link Posted: 11/13/2003 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Hello!

Here's few pics of mine slightly customised Storm. Top picatinny (not actually picatinny, as you can see) and upgraded trigger are self-made. Next step is to take few inches away from barrel and attach suppressor...

Follow the links below:

http://personal.inet.fi/private/cx4/cx1.JPG

You can see pictures from cx1.jpg to cx6.jpg by altering the number

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#15]
SammyFin can you tell us more about the trigger you made?
Provide some plans/help/advice?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#17]
hey sammy,

where'd you get that 30-rond mag? and where can I get one?? i'm assuming you drilled the second hole for that top rail yourself, right? what rail is that? i really don't want to have to wait till april for the factory version...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I ordered the 30-round mags from here:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/Magazines/Beretta/Beretta.asp

They work pretty well, not a single jam so far...

Trigger is made of aluminium. All you need is a suitable piece of aluminium and some basic tools. Then just bend, cut, gring and finally paint it black. It's a-half-day job, but since the original trigger sucks, I think its worth it! Self-made trigger is very rugged and not so pretty, but it works! Try to fire the original trigger with your gloves on... (its cold weather up here..)

The top rail is something I found from the misc accessory box. Its gunsmith-made, steel picatinny-like rail which I simply cutted to right measure. Since its pretty heavy, it balances the weapon nicely.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I ordered the 30-round mags from here:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/Magazines/Beretta/Beretta.asp

They work pretty well, not a single jam so far...

Trigger is made of aluminium. All you need is a suitable piece of aluminium and some basic tools. Then just bend, cut, gring and finally paint it black. It's a-half-day job, but since the original trigger sucks, I think its worth it! Self-made trigger is very rugged and not so pretty, but it works! Try to fire the original trigger with your gloves on... (its cold weather up here..)

The top rail is something I found from the misc accessory box. Its gunsmith-made, steel picatinny-like rail which I simply cutted to right measure. Since its pretty heavy, it balances the weapon nicely.

Could you detail the Mag mod that allows you to use the 30 rounders? I just purchased a few myself, but don't have the cx4 yet, so I was wondering what the details were.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#20]
There's no need of mag mod of any kind. Mine is a Law Eenforcment/Export only-version, could that be a reason?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:03:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine is normal, plain jayne and it will except other mags....I boought 5-20 round Western mags from Cabela's this weekend and 3 work perfect...2 are going back for exchange. Hech, 3 out of 5 ain't bad....I found that if the mag sucessfully holds 20 rounds they function fine, the 2 that don't work would only except 8-12 rounds. They must be twisted or scrunched (new word) a bit so the tips of the bullets bind in the mag.

Oh, yes....$14.99 If I remember right.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I recently acquired a "Storm" and took it for a test drive this weekend at about -5°F.

My initial thoughts are that it NEEDS optics to be very useful or enjoyable - so I am looking frantically for the rails.

The major negative in my experience is the heavy, sloppy and long travel of the trigger. Since the mechanism is currently made of polymer, my hopes of a nice "trigger job" are fading.

In short, this is great little sub-gun.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#23]
yes, the top rail is a MUST. but according to berettaforum.net, accessories for the storm won't be available till April 2004.

i've taken mine to the range twice now and it shoots great. no recoil, and with a little adjustment, i was making 3 inch groups at 15 yards. the sights aren't great, but they're not that bad either. it has become the coolest gun i own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top