Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/7/2003 9:23:57 AM EDT
I'm looking to buy some electronic ear muffs.

What are your favorites? Peltor? Pro-ears? Other?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:26:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:09:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JTAC_Supply:
I have a set of ProEars I really like, the fuzzy pads on the bottom don't KNOCK against the stock when shooting a rifle.

I see you're in Oklahoma. Where are you located ?

5sub
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:57:02 PM EDT
I have got a pair of Peltor Tactical 6S, I like em' although they could have a little bit more sound suppression for those long days on the range. For walking around in the woods or shooting by yourself however I don't think they can be beat. They are really lighweight, and a big thing for me they are cool. When I am wearing my Ultimate 10's my ears get pretty sweaty and disgusting, doesn't really happen with the 6S.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 2:32:16 PM EDT
Peltor Tactical 6 for me. I like them but do agree a little more soundproofing would be nice.
They are convenient as heck for someone who is already half deaf, I just crank up the volume on the left and leave the right about 1/3 and I can actually hear better than my real ears.
Good things these amplified earmuffs....
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:12:48 AM EDT
Isnt there some sets of ears that has a jack for mp3 players or audio? Has anyone rocked out to music while at the range?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:34:22 AM EDT
Another vote for the Peltor 6. I have a friend who has another brand, can't remember which, but they don't recover fast enough after suppressing gun shot. The Peltors recovers nice & fast.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:34:45 PM EDT
Peltor Com Tac's.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:36:13 PM EDT
Peltor Tactical 6s, lightweight and work great.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:01:50 PM EDT
I have used both the Peltor's and the ProEars. The Peltors shut off for just a moment when they "hear" the shot. Tbe ProEars do not..they just "suppress" the sound. That really only matters when you are chatting with your buds while somebody else is shooting.

Personally, I found the Peltor's more comfortable to wear, so I sold the ProEars.

Either way, they are both way cool and highly recommended.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:09:57 AM EDT
Go Pro-Ears.

Their customer service ROCKS.

I will buy no other.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:10:41 AM EDT
I use a peltor 6 for rifle shooting with the cups turned upside down, no problem with cheek weld. I usually use plugs as well cause i shoot in a place with a tin roof so its noisy, plus if the stock breaks the seal of the muffs i'm still okay. I just crank the volume all the way and i can hear someone talking to me in a normal tone of voice just fine.

I use peltor 7s for pistol shooting, often without plugs.

If you are talking to someone at the range it can be a bit disconcerting cause the volume drops out anytime anyone fires a round but for classes where typically noone is shooting when the instructor is talking they are great.
Top Top