Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/6/2003 9:44:24 PM EDT
i've just gotten a sweet little carbine and i wanted to put a fore-grip on it. i'm assuming that most fore-grip manufacturers make them to fit picatinny rails, right? i've never had one. so for all of you who have experience with this particular piece of equipment, please tell me, any specific brands or models i should look for? best sources? thanks in advance for all your help!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:37:46 AM EDT
i use M-33 hand guards with built in rails and a SOG forgrip it works great and fit perfect.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:16:27 AM EDT
I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my tango down VFG. It has gotten some good reviews.

a few things to consider:

Do you want to have the ability to add a tape switch to operate a light or laser? ( i don't)

Do you want to be able to store a spare bolt or batteries in the grip?

Is weight an issue? ( it was for me)

I've been shooting lately by holding the mag well and have noticed that a typical weaver type stance doesn't work as well for me as does a stance more squared off to the target.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:40:11 AM EDT
The two grips I use and like most are the GG&G, which has a battery compartment and is very light, and the ARMS, which is easy on/off and has a slight angle to it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:51:59 AM EDT
Another option:
Advanced Armament Corp sells package deals with both a vertical grip and rail, $45.

www.advancedarmament.com/ar-15.html

I believe their grip is a copy of the Knight's grip.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:45:48 PM EDT
you guys are awesome. thanks everybody for the insight.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:53:26 PM EDT
well if you ask the go fast guys the Dieter CQD grip is what everyone uses.

C4iGrant has em for sale ata good price right now. The most solid foregrips you can buy.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=186285&w=searchPop
Top Top