Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2003 1:03:09 PM EDT
I have found Egyptian FN-49 in VG+ condition for $500. I don't much about these, but I like them. Is this price a good price? There are no import markings. Any info you guys could give would be great.It has the brass buttstock and brass disk on the side. The stock is in very nice shape. I offered the guy $400, but he turned me down. I did not know to much about these, so I figured I would check with you guys here. Can you use the cheap turk ammo I see at the gunshows for $5 per 70Rds in bandoliers, or is that stuff to powerful. I think it is corrosive as well. Is there a good source for non corrosive ammo? I really like the looks of it, and had planned on getting another AK47, but might pick this one up instead if it's priced properly. I think he will go to $450 for it. Thanks for the info thus far, I don't post here very often, but have been lurking and reading for a while now.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Turk is corrosive, so you will have to thoroughly clean it to prevent rust. Turk 8mm is a pretty stiff load too, so you will need to open the gas regulator. It is under the forward handguard. You have to take the nosecap off to remove the handguard. Shooting Turk is kinda like using trash gas in a 'vette. It may put-put down the road, but won't give best performance.

Egyptian FN-49s were made by FN and are very well built. Good shooting.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Great guns. I've been half-assed looking for one for a while now. The Egyptian guns are very well made. My buddy has a couple of them, and has never had a single problem with either of them.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw SOG has some Argentine (?) FN49s in .308....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top