Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2003 12:18:04 PM EDT
At big five sporting goods I found a model 91/30 in 7.62X54 for $79.99- includes a bayonet, ammo pouch, sling and oil can. It's a little beat up, but not bad. Seems kinda like a cool old rifle, although I don't know much about them, what do you guys think?

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a decent price. do the serial numbers match? matching numbers usually increase the price. I think my m44 has numbers on the barrel, bolt and butt plate
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If its a little beat up, see if you can get a friendly local FFL to transfer one to you from www.aimsurplus.com.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_Model_91_30_7_62x54R_Mosin_Nagant.html

These are in excellent, and I mean excellent, condition.  I got mine for $90, now they are down to $70, so even with a transfer fee you are ahead, for a gun that is in better shape.  Also aimsurplus has good ammo for cheap, I chose Hungarian steel core (insert evil laugh here).

They are somewhat clunky guns but they have ALOT of history behind them.  Watch "Enemy at the Gates" and then see if you can resist getting one.

You can see mine pretty clearly here in this pic of my cobbled-together wall rack.  Its in-between my M44 and my Garand.  How does the one at your local gun store compare?

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a perfect M91/30 on my birthday, still havent been able to shoot it yet, but Its dying to be taken to the range.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The one at the store looks a little more beat up. I think I'll check with aim and see what I can do. Thanks guys.

BTW Duke, nice collection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top