Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2003 4:16:05 PM EDT
my dad has a harington and richardson standard M48 single shot shotgun. it has no stock and forearm peice. the barrel is rusty on the insde and out. how would i go about taking the bluing off and getting the rust off? i want to make that gun look good. i looked at bushmaster website and they have
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/5337100002.asp
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/5337100001.asp
has anyone here ever used this stuff? and if so does it work good?

another question.
does anybody know where i can get parts for this shot gun? i checked numrich website and it just says m48 not standard m48. is the standard m48 the same as the m48?

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Start by lightly rubbing with 0000 steel wool and some light oil (4-ought steel wool can be found in the hardware store's furniture refinishing supplies section). Light rubbing will remove the surface rust and let you see what is underneath. Badly corroded surface will have to be treated with naval jelly (also found at the hardware store) or the rust remover in your link and draw filed.

Unless you are doing it for fun, I wouldn't spend a lot of time on the H&R single shot. They can be found in very good condition for $75.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
i just want to try and do it. just to see if i can.

the gun isnt totaly covered in rust. it has little clusters of rust up and down the barrel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top