Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 10:57:39 AM EDT
I was just wondering what a preban mini 14 is worth these days.I have called Ruger and verified the serial# and it was made in 1985. The rifle is in excellent shape BTW...

Thankyou, Rob
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:37:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/23/2003 12:38:08 PM EDT by Princeton]
The factory folders command the premium prices usually around $700-$950 with the stainless folder being the top of the line.
The factory rifles in the standard non-folding stock usually only sell for about $100 more than post ban rifles.
Just remember if it doesn't have the folding stock it has to have both the flash hider & bayonet lug for it to be considered an assault weapon. Just being built before Sept. 1994 ins't enough without it having 2 evil features. Ruger did sell rifles before the ban that only had the flash hiders, these technically wouldn't be assault rifles so there's no reason to pay a premium for them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:23:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Princeton:
The factory folders command the premium prices usually around $700-$950 with the stainless folder being the top of the line.
The factory rifles in the standard non-folding stock usually only sell for about $100 more than post ban rifles.
Just remember if it doesn't have the folding stock it has to have both the flash hider & bayonet lug for it to be considered an assault weapon. Just being built before Sept. 1994 ins't enough without it having 2 evil features. Ruger did sell rifles before the ban that only had the flash hiders, these technically wouldn't be assault rifles so there's no reason to pay a premium for them.

Well, they still wouldn't be assault rifles unless they were they GB223 select fire.

And it's a flash suppressor, not a flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:31:43 AM EDT

Well, they still wouldn't be assault rifles unless they were they GB223 select fire.

You mean AC556. There is no "GB223."
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:27:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jim_Dandy:

You mean AC556. There is no "GB223."

Damn, you are correct, sir. My bad.
Top Top