Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2003 7:48:19 AM EDT
...such as ones found at centerfire systems?

www.centerfiresystems.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=WALGUNPP&Category_Code=HG

Anyone have one?  Opinions on build quality, accuracy, etc.?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
They are French.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Manurhin Walther PP.  Excellent quality; made under license in (choke, gag, gasp) france, BUT very near the German border !!

MY FFL is also a Master Gunsmith.  Both his Father and Grandfather were also Master Smith's and he uses the Manurhin PP as his carry gun so I bought one too.  Can't remember for sure which but either his Father or Grandfather gave him the pistol.

When I'm carrying 'small' I carry a Manurhin PP.

5sub
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
What wasn't commonly known until about 15 years ago, is the fact that ALL Walther PP series guns were made in France by Manurhin.

After the war, Walther didn't have a production factory, so they contracted with Manurhin, who produced all Walther pistols, including the P-38/P1.

In the mid-50's Walther got their new factory at Ulm, up and running, and started producing guns there.  
However, they continued to contract production of the PP series guns with Manurhin.

So, all those fine "made in Germany" Walther PP's and PPK's were actually made in France.

Since the Manurhin marked and German marked guns were made on the same production lines, the quality is the same.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up one of the Walther/Manurhin PPs from Centerfire about nine months ago.  It is in BEAUTIFUL shape and shoots very well.  Everybody who's shot it has commented on how sweet the little thing is.  For $250, I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Kel-tec in .32 ACP but the PP is as big as some 9mm on the market.  That being said if you can hit with the PP better  then carry it.  Better to have one well place shot with a .32 ACP than to miss with a big bore caliber.

If your just collecting the gun I would say definately get it.  You won't get Walther quality any cheaper.  I would have one now if I could afford it.  House construction takes all my money.

The PP and PPK guns do carry well.  My favorite carry gun is a Walther PPK/S.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top